minute

Was the bench effective?

• Extremely

• Yes

• Sort of

• No

• What was Cappy thinking?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I try not to feel with my brain and think with my heart as much as possible....

Its like trying to cut down a tree with a hammer. But we all still do it..

Manu's no look, no need, offload was an emotional decision that went badly wrong IMO... Claiming it was the refs or the rules, or the deodorant he was wearing is futile.

Maybe the tackler tickled him, he wanted to tickle back, so offloaded the ball to get his arm free...... There's no way to know for sure why things happened the way they did...

Alls I know is our guys all went full Muppet and they scored a try....

A moment of Muppetness in an otherwise solid performance all round...

Archer confirms the Titans try was legit. Fuck! I think this is a loophole that needs to be closed. I disagree with the Manu offload bashers. It is reasonable (apart from this fucked ruling of course!) to assume that all the Titans players would be on the other side of the ball.

I would love to see an NRL coach exploit this on the weekend. Set a new position called "Disruptor". Third man in the tackle stands offside, tracks the play the ball, if it goes more than 10 metres he gets involved. Do it every tackle. The whole essence of the game is changed. Either that or close this nonsensical loophole.

https://www.nrl.com/nrl-hq--referee-review-rd-15/tabid/10959/contentid/763460/default.aspx

Reactions: motu1
Archer confirms the Titans try was legit. Fuck! I think this is a loophole that needs to be closed. I disagree with the Manu offload bashers. It is reasonable (apart from this fucked ruling of course!) to assume that all the Titans players would be on the other side of the ball.

I would love to see an NRL coach exploit this on the weekend. Set a new position called "Disruptor". Third man in the tackle stands offside, tracks the play the ball, if it goes more than 10 metres he gets involved. Do it every tackle. The whole essence of the game is changed. Either that or close this nonsensical loophole.

https://www.nrl.com/nrl-hq--referee-review-rd-15/tabid/10959/contentid/763460/default.aspx
if that happened to the roosters or souths the rule would be changed.

Inruin

Contributor
Simple question - why was the only player running the line which supported the ball carrier (and a possible off load) an opposition player and not one of our own?
because our team is simple? Maybe Manu could take a few hints from Matulino and look before he passes?

Oh God, please let us not now go down the path of 'offloads only Manu could do'

because our team is simple? Maybe Manu could take a few hints from Matulino and look before he passes?

Oh God, please let us not now go down the path of 'offloads only Manu could do'
LOL - there's a new thread in the making - "offloads only Manu could do"..... time to put him into the Hall of Fame yet??!!

Tomkins - BOOM! Matulino MOM. Pettybourne try HILARIOUS - only the Warriors would get a try against them like that, unbelievable Ref's a plonker and why do commentators apart from Warren and Gould always breeze over these things? 200th Warrior had a great game and good to see the opposition falling apart in the final 20 rather than the Warriors.
Friend scores a couple of tries and now he can do anything, kicking even! As my Dad said "its insulting" - LOL! One of the funnier quotes of the night, as was the commentator saying "he nearly got a hand on him", about one of the defenders trying to tackle Johnson the magic stepper.

The same reason one of our members blamed Manu for being picked by some of our former gumby coaches when they should have been picking a better winger, that member is yet to forward the name of said "better winger".
I remember a discussion I had a couple of years ago with a forum member about which was better: a try Manu scored against Souths when he ran 80 odd metres and broke a number of tackles and stepped around players or a try Billy ToSlow scored against the Eels when Hayne dropped the ball and he run 70 odd metres in a straight line with no one near him. TBH, you'll never get anywhere when some would rather have a winger who can't even make the Raiders FG team over Manu.

Reactions: RobRoyMcCoy
I'm not against manu in any way at all. Its the no look offload that I hate...
Check the wide shot video, Shaun Johnson is about 2 metres away from him and it seems pretty obvious the ball is for him, and I'll still argue that no player should be on the look out for an opposition player that started from behind the ruck when as the first receiver he should only expect defenders in front not behind.

The player standing behind the play of the ball still has to get back to the line where all his other team-mates were standing, so how is this any better than standing in that line to start with and running forward past the tackled player to be in a position to catch an offload?

The player standing behind the play of the ball still has to get back to the line where all his other team-mates were standing, so how is this any better than standing in that line to start with and running forward past the tackled player to be in a position to catch an offload?

Under a normal defensive line why would a player run 12 metres past the advantage line then turn around , and have to retreat 22 metres to get back on side? If Pettybourne thought he was on side why didn't he join the tackle?

Under a normal defensive line why would a player run 12 metres past the advantage line then turn around , and have to retreat 22 metres to get back on side? If Pettybourne thought he was on side why didn't he join the tackle?

If the defensive line doesn't move up like most Warriors lines dont, then the player would only have to run 2 meters past the point where the tackle was being made to be behind the ruck...that said, Pettybourne didn't join the tackle because the Vatuvei's momentum had been stopped, and he probably didn't think anyone would be dumb enough to dump the ball out the back in that situation.

Good play from Pettybourne really, im sure they would have spoken about Vatuvei before the game and to expect fuck ups and poor decisions etc etc etc when he has the ball, so be ready.

• Haha
Reactions: Miket12