Post Match NRL 2015 - Rnd 14 - Warriors vs Roosters Post Match Discussion

Game Information

Vs

01 Jan 1970 12:00
minute
Martin Lang...all heart and not much else, but he never stopped or gave an inch.
He's the role model we need atm... Talent is worthless without the heart to play the game. I have little respect for someone born with ability who doesn't use it to it's highest level every game...

Look at Taupau since he started giving 100% emotionally to try and win every game. He's not proud or arrogant, he's just straight up awesome...

If our guys could find some of that we'd be much higher up the table IMO.

Who gives a fuck what Andrew Voss thinks?
He went on and on last night about a depleted roosters team.
We are missing the two senior members of our spine (TL and Sam), our starting front rower (Bull) and the guts in our pack (Hoff), add in all the other injuries to fringe players, the fact that we had a two man bench for the last 20 and you get some perspective.
Is there a team with more youth in the NRL? Maybe the Tigers? They get cut slack every week because they are "building for the future".
We are pretty quick to join the Aussies in putting the boot into our team, that was the premier favourites that caught us with a minute to go last night, we aren't as shit as Vossy and co want to believe.
Warriors are perpetually "building for the future" and having injury problems. And if that isnt the excuse it was all the refs fault

edit: that was a long way from a full strength Roosters team.. their depth is much better than the Warriors, hopefully Doyle will sort that out, gees the Warriors could have bid on Ferguson but even people on here were bitching about what a liablility he would be, fact is he has talent to burn and he is better than any centre we have.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beastmode
with all this talk of heart. im going to throw out one of my fav players of all time - Micheal Luck. we miss someone like him in the team. i will never ever remember one attacking play he ever did, in fact i remember his hitups being the furthest thing from spectacular but i remember how he ran with courage albeit get smashed.

i remember two defensive moments (among many) one being against manly when he made a try saving tackle and accidently got watmoughs sprigs cut him deep in the leg and he then proceeded to make another try saving tackle after it.

the second was against the tigers when we were up by 20 and got run down in the end. Luck injured his knee and still managed to make several tackles in a row when we were on the back foot.

now dont get me wrong i love mannering and what he does but there was something else about micheal luck. he was the glue that held our shotty defense together

Warriors are perpetually "building for the future" and having injury problems. And if that isnt the excuse it was all the refs fault

edit: that was a long way from a full strength Roosters team.. their depth is much better than the Warriors, hopefully Doyle will sort that out, gees the Warriors could have bid on Ferguson but even people on here were bitching about what a liablility he would be, fact is he has talent to burn and he is better than any centre we have.
Just replying to myself here, I even read today on here that Nightengale wouldn't be worth it because we have some other guys that might be ok in the future, thats more 'building for the future' speak. Don't get one of the best wings in the game because we have an injury prone newby who can play that position.

Personally I wouldnt mind if they cut 2 of the Warriors current wing options to get him.

Gotta say thank you mt.wellington mt.wellington for your great suggestion bro, I sent my trainer a txt earlier issuing your challenge & he just replied saying "Get over it bro & stop being so stupid you stubborn bloody Maori ;p"

Yeyah!!! ... I've got him on the ropes now lol ... training's gonna be awesome tomorrow when I walk in chest puffed out proudly wearing my 2015 Warriors jersey

I'm not gonna let him off the hook now ... he's either going to have to accept the challenge or apologize to me in front of the whole gym

Bloody beautiful :D

Last edited:
with all this talk of heart. im going to throw out one of my fav players of all time - Micheal Luck. we miss someone like him in the team. i will never ever remember one attacking play he ever did, in fact i remember his hitups being the furthest thing from spectacular but i remember how he ran with courage albeit get smashed.

i remember two defensive moments (among many) one being against manly when he made a try saving tackle and accidently got watmoughs sprigs cut him deep in the leg and he then proceeded to make another try saving tackle after it.

the second was against the tigers when we were up by 20 and got run down in the end. Luck injured his knee and still managed to make several tackles in a row when we were on the back foot.

now dont get me wrong i love mannering and what he does but there was something else about micheal luck. he was the glue that held our shotty defense together

Wish I could like this post more than once! I absolutely loved Lucky as a player and you're right, when you talk of players with a lot of heart, he is the first guy that comes to my mind. Never gave up, never took the easy option, never let his teammates down. Did all the shit work without complaint. How could you not give 100% when playing next to him? We could definitely do with another player like him. I had high hopes for Elijah Taylor but...

For me, there were two positives last night. One was Manu getting his 10+ tries in 10 seasons, absolutely amazing achievement. And the other was the crowd - big, loud crowd for such an inconsistent team in pretty shit weather too. Kudos to everyone who went!

Manu has decent skills and average decision making ability. What he has in abundance is power and HEART. As a fan of his, I still try to be balanced in my criticism and praise of the big man, but anything that calls into question his heart lacks all credibility imho. Maybe you've confused heart with mental fortitude, i.e. he keeps giving 100% but lacks the disciplined focus to do so effectively at times.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Gotta say thank you mt.wellington mt.wellington for your great suggestion bro, I sent my trainer a txt earlier issuing your challenge & he just replied saying "Get over it bro & stop being so stupid you stubborn bloody Maori ;p"

Yeyah!!! ... I've got him on the ropes now lol ... training's gonna be awesome tomorrow when I walk in chest puffed out proudly wearing my 2015 Warriors jersey

I'm not gonna let him off the hook now ... he's either going to have to accept the challenge or apologize to me in front of the whole gym

Bloody beautiful :D
He trains you and Rubes trains the Warriors so its fair lol...

Reactions: Stone
He trains you and Rubes trains the Warriors so its fair lol...
Sounds fair to me bro, but I think I'm gonna be in trouble tomorrow judging by all the angry txts I'm getting from my coaches & team mates lol

I think they thought I was joking when I first told them, but now they are talking like I'm betraying the gym & bringing it into disrepute & shit, even though I told them I was gonna talk about it on this forum, good fighters & good bunch of guys but they seriously underestimated my passion for the Warriors

Oh well, it won't be the first time my big mouth has gotten me into shit lol ... I'm a big boy though so I can handle it ... tomorrow will be interesting

Still gonna wear my Warriors jersey with pride though ... even if I get my ass kicked lol

Edit: Wow I've just been summoned to a meeting, right now, with my coaches & the gym owners, wish me luck brothers & sisters, I may not make it out of this alive :nailbiting: :D

Last edited:
Manu has decent skills and average decision making ability. What he has in abundance is power and HEART. As a fan of his, I still try to be balanced in my criticism and praise of the big man, but anything that calls into question his heart lacks all credibility imho. Maybe you've confused heart with mental fortitude, i.e. he keeps giving 100% but lacks the disciplined focus to do so effectively at times.
I think most all the decisions a player makes on the footy field come from the heart, the gut instincts. They don't have time to calculate the odds, they get presented with a situation and time to act and that's it...

If their heart isn't in the game they won't make the right moves at the right times... The wrong actions start feeling right and it all goes to custard....

But when warriors get their hearts set right, get in a kick ass mood, we are near impossible to stop... According to Billy Slater anyways, for what that's worth....

He's the role model we need atm... Talent is worthless without the heart to play the game. I have little respect for someone born with ability who doesn't use it to it's highest level every game...

Look at Taupau since he started giving 100% emotionally to try and win every game. He's not proud or arrogant, he's just straight up awesome...

If our guys could find some of that we'd be much higher up the table IMO.

David Taylor comes to mind.

I think most all the decisions a player makes on the footy field come from the heart, the gut instincts. They don't have time to calculate the odds, they get presented with a situation and time to act and that's it...

If their heart isn't in the game they won't make the right moves at the right times... The wrong actions start feeling right and it all goes to custard....

But when warriors get their hearts set right, get in a kick ass mood, we are near impossible to stop... According to Billy Slater anyways, for what that's worth....

Nah, that's way too simplistic. If everything is heart, there's no difference, for example, between a fresh player dropping a ball and a guy who has been busting his gut for 60 (since the former isn't fatigued, it's easier to presume a lack of effort). Some things are definitely about heart (diving on a loose ball among running/kicking knees and feet, a small man throwing his body in front of a big man to stop a try, playing on with a non-crippling injury, etc.), but heart doesn't cover everything. Fitness for example. Don't matter how much heart you have, if you haven't done the pre-season yards or kept in shape, you're going to get found out no matter how hard you might try to push through. Experience is another. A rookie and a 100 game player will often react differently to a certain situation, not because one has more heart than the other, but because the experienced player has been there before. Intelligence also plays a role, as a smarter player will generally learn faster than a dumb player. Regardless, I reckon instinct is about mental conditioning and muscle memory derived from training and experience, not from 'wanting it more than the other guy' (a basic definition of heart).

On Manu, it's not a lack of desire or courage that mars his game (sometimes quite the opposite), it's a lack of mental application. He should know that players are going to pile on him when he charges back. He should know that as he fatigues (the deeper into each half the game is), the higher the chance he'll spill the pill. With his experience he should understand that sometimes it might be wiser to sacrifice a little speed in the play the ball to ensure he reduces the chance of an error. Sadly, despite all the awesome stuff he does, he seems to be incapable of working this out. I don't know how this could be a question of heart though, unless you're suggesting he intentionally makes these sorts of errors or is indifferent to the effect they have on the team. Going from his reactions (the grimaces, the punching the ground, putting his hand up, the following charge with x2 the aggression, etc.) I don't see how anyone could make this argument.

At full-time McFadden reflected on the inexperience of his team.

"We will get a lot of learning out of that when we look at the tape… I think we have got no less than six or seven players who have played less than a dozen games out there tonight, against a pretty experienced team," he said.

"It is a learning curve for us at the moment – we are learning the hard way – but I've still got a lot of faith in this group."

He loves looking at the tapes week in week out, BUT why ? At least he's still got faith in this group. BUT who the fuck is Faith ? :confused:

Robert Smith said it best "I walked away alone/With nothing left but faith."

To be fair, in an ideal world most of those newbies would have been dropped back down to NSW Cup by now.