Post Match NRL 2015 - Rnd 10 - Eels vs Warriors Post Match Discussion

Game Information

Vs

01 Jan 1970 12:00
minute
how would everyone rate our performances over the last 2 weeks
i personally feel they shouldnt have been as tight as they were?
Hell, they were what they were. Any team can step up and pull a good game out of their arse against any opponent. The fact the games were tight and we won under pressure is worth more to the team than a 50 point blowout.

Reactions: 2 users

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Very very proud of the boys this weekend, and last weekend. I don't care if we never win a game, as long as we play the full 80 minutes with Mana. Well done guys, well done.
personally i cant agree, looking good and losing is all well and good for the movies, but in real life i want to support winners. So ill take 55 mins of bulldoser action and 10 mins of asleep at the wheel, and then 5 mins of total destruction of the opposition if thats what it takes.

Reactions: 2 users

gREVUS

Contributor
Yeah I agree bro, it's just this whole "it's good enough to just participate" philosophy that is rampant in NZ junior sport atm is one of my pet peeves

Nothing personal FAN FAN maybe I just misinterpreted that post due to my own bias & jumped the gun
one of the big differences i have found in Australia is that desire to win still exists here. And they celebrate their successes. eg. my kids high school wants to know if your kid has achieved anything even if it has nothing to do with the school, they celebrate it and claim it.

Reactions: 3 users

gREVUS

Contributor
You'll only really be able to validate that when Shaun Johnson has had a number of games with his new six partner?
everyone keeps talking as though it is a done deal and chad is defn gone. I havent seen anything to confirm that, have i missed something? I know his mother-in-law is ill, presumably on her way out, and he wants to be good to his wife, but if she does kick off then there isnt anything to go back for is there?

everyone keeps talking as though it is a done deal and chad is defn gone. I havent seen anything to confirm that, have i missed something? I know his mother-in-law is ill, presumably on her way out, and he wants to be good to his wife, but if she does kick off then there isnt anything to go back for is there?

He has confirmed it through NRL, but nothing official from the Warriors.

https://www.nrl.com/townsend-confirms-sydney-nrl-move/tabid/10874/newsid/86289/default.aspx

Reactions: 1 user

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
He's definitely gone. Playing it by the books and not telling anyone where he is going but he's gone...

ToiletDuck

Administrator
Good win, which by our standards is a great win because a) it was away and b) it was the 2nd away win in a row.

Similar thoughts to everyone else here, will sum up as follows..

Tui - Great try saving tackle, another zero pressure error in a set move where he knocked on a slightly awkward pass from Shaun Johnson. He'll be glad to vacate that FB position I suspect.
Maumalo - Was okay, didn't really look like a winger?
Peyroux - Pretty poor, stop gap at best from here.
Kata - Good turn of pace for his try, handling still very suspect as is his defence.
Jono Shite - Seems to be improving, great grubber for Shaun Johnson, probably our most consistent outside back.
Chad - Rubbish first half, improved after that. Good FG.
Johnson - On the improve, great gather and stepping for his try.
Lillyman - Solid.
TL - Sad to see him go down, especially from a defensive POV.
Matulino - Bending the line and looking for offloads, even if one he threw put us under a heap of pressure.
Hoffman - KO'd
Thompson - Tried hard all game, took his chance well.
Mannering - MOM. Awesome D and didn't stop all game, led by example.

Friend - Adequate substitute when he came on.
Lousi - Wasn't actually too bad, solid.
Lisone - As with Lousi, tried hard, some solid carries.
Vete - Really impressed, bending the line and making good meters. Hopefully will just improve from here.

Overall was impressed with the effort. The eels are hardly premiership favourites but Pirtek can be a difficult place to play and it was exactly the sort of game we'd almost always lose (as was last week). Thought that defence was good given we lost 2 x 80 min players early. Bye has come at a good time. Now they just need to back it up next round at home against the Knights, that'll be the key. Top 8 sides get the gritty away wins then back it up at home with strong performances against poor opposition, we need to do the same.

Reactions: 6 users

Inruin

Contributor
How about this one - Fact: Manu Vatuvei has the lowest error rate per game for all Warriors players to have scored more than 80 career tries at the club.
does he also have the highest error rate per game for all Warriors players to have scored more than 80 career tries at the club?

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
does he also have the highest error rate per game for all Warriors players to have scored more than 80 career tries at the club?
Semantics... but yes that is another FACT. It's the sort of double scenario that is only possible when discussing players that occupy such rarified air as our club legend Manu.

Reactions: 1 users
Semantics... but yes that is another FACT. It's the sort of double scenario that is only possible when discussing players that occupy such rarified air as our club legend Manu.

You mean the most errors by any Warriors player...ever, thats some rarefied air right there, especially for a winger.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
https://www.nrl.com/nrl-hq--round-10-/tabid/10874/newsid/86326/default.aspx
don't know if anyone's posted this but looks like Lisone will get a warning from the match review commitee for contact with isaac de Gois' head. Thoughts? it's mentioned later on in the video

Bit of a "knee" jerk reaction by the nrl there, they will be looking at us through a microscope where knee to head contact occurs, with Lisone's contact on De Gois it was all De Gois getting his head in the wrong spot and also very low

You mean the most errors by any Warriors player...ever, thats some rarefied air right there, especially for a winger.
FFace I think you'll find its wingers not other players who have to catch the last pass at the end of backline moves so usually running hard out, also catch kicked balls high in the air or bouncing along the ground with opposition players smashing into you, also having to return the ball when the opposition is set and you have no outs, make defensive decisions with 2 maybe 3 attackers flying at you. Hell your probably right that Manu makes many errors it's a wonder he hasn't made twice as much with the type of plays he has to perform with the amount of games he's played day am you just made me realise he's fantastic.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
If Manu scores 200 tries he never has to make a tackle ever again... That's his ultimate try scoring bonus from us fans to him...

• Haha