• DRAW

• Eels 12-

• Eels 13+

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NZWarriors.com

NZWarriors.com

NRL 2015 - Rnd 10 - Eels vs Warriors, Pirtek Stadium, Parramatta.

Ryan hoffman 14or71qrw208b1554ktwvpwolf

Warriors enter this game after a last minute try to win against the Sharks. This time of year, during Origin period, typically see's the team go on a winning streak that propels them firmly into the top 8 and in the race for Finals footy in late September.

The Parramatta Eels on the other hand are on two game losing streak and have had a horror week in the press with the club and players in all sorts of strife. Why do the Warriors always seem to play teams in their darkest hour?

Recent form aside the Warriors dont fare too well at Pirtek Stadium. We have lost the last 2 games there and our record stands at 4 wins from 15. Games between the two teams recently have been blow outs. The Round 3 win against the Eels at Mt Smart by 13 points was the lowest margin in the last 4 games.

Manu Vatuvei was 50/50 according to the latest reports from the club and Konrad Hurrell is serving the first week of his 3 week suspension. With our centre wing stocks depleted Dominique Peyroux gets his first start of the season while Sione Lousi replaces him on the bench. Rumour is that Ken Maumalo may debut on the wing if Manu doesnt pull through the final fitness run.

This game also serves as a milestone for Jonathan Wright who is bringing up his 100th game and its also the clubs 500th game in the Australian competition.

The Eels have lost David Gower which see's 19 year old Tepai Moeroa move to the starting line up. Luke Kelly also comes in for Chris Sandow who is being disciplined for a driving offence.

A win today will help cement our place in the top 8 especially with the next round seeing the Warriors have a bye and a free 2 points. That factor alone makes this game a must win. Heres hoping we can pull it off.

GO THE MIGHTY VODAFONE WARRIORS!!!

Eels
1 Reece Robinson
2 Semi Radradra
3 Will Hopoate
4 Brad Takairangi
5 Ryan Morgan
6 Corey Norman
7 Luke Kelly
8 Danny Wicks
9 Nathan Peats
10 Tim Mannah (c)
11 Manu Ma'u
12 Tepai Moeroa
13 Anthony Watmough

Interchange
14 Isaac De Gois
15 Pauli Pauli
16 Richie Fa'aoso
17 Peni Terepo

Coach: Brad Arthur

Warriors
1 Tuimoala Lolohea
2 Jonathan Wright
3 Dominique Peyroux
4 Solomone Kata
5 Manu Vatuvei
6 Chad Townsend
7 Shaun Johnson
8 Jacob Lillyman
9 Thomas Leuluai
10 Ben Matulino
11 Bodene Thompson
12 Ryan Hoffman
13 Simon Mannering (c)

Interchange
14 Nathan Friend
15 Sione Lousi
16 Sam Lisone
17 Albert Vete
18 Raymond Faitala-Mariner

Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Real banana skin game. Completions and defence will be the key like any game. We have seen before how teams can respond when their backs are against the wall. Warriors 12-.

Defence

Defence

Congrats to the people's champ for reaching 100 nrl games- that's a big achievement for anyone but especially for someone who wasn't gifted with the same level of athletic ability that a lot of his fellow players were.
Shows the mental strength and determination of the guy.
Hat trick today....

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Leedslion007

Leedslion007

Without Manu we will be soft on the left edge, Reece Robinson will carve us up
I'm hoping we can dominate through the middle early to put a good lead on, I've got a feeling that if we're not 18 up by half time the EELS will come back and put points on us.

When is ST back??

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
jonno

jonno

Congrats to the people's champ for reaching 100 nrl games- that's a big achievement for anyone but especially for someone who wasn't gifted with the same level of athletic ability that a lot of his fellow players were.
Hat trick today....
Finally the Warriors have a player who I can draw some inspiration and hope from. A guy who isn't gifted a starting spot at birth because of his genetics, but an ordinary guy, a working class battler like myself, who through hard work and persistence gets to play under the lights, in front of the big crowd.

And three tries in his last three games isn't bad either...

So to all you guys who put him down, shame on you.... Get off your arrogant, self loving wank fest buzz, and have some respect...

Reactions: 6 users
Richie

Richie

For mind they've got danger out wide (probably more than us atm), but we probably (and I can't believe I'm saying this) have the defensive advantage in the backs, they have a slight advantage at hooker, and a few other decent forwards... and that's it. We'll cream them up front (especially with our bench superiority) and in the halves. Me and the fams will be there cheering on the boys. Hope the weather holds up and the rain stays away. While we could probably grind out a win in the wet (and our ball control has been much better of late), I'd rather Magic and the Chad could orchestrate on a dry track. If so, Parra are ours for the taking. In such a congested table, the pts diff boost from this game (assuming we win with a margin) could be telling towards the money end of the season. GO... THE... MIGHTY... WARRIORS!

Richie

Richie

Hat trick today....

Yeah, R-hook's not all wrong. I'll settle for 1 try and 2 try saves today.

Reactions: 1 users
surfin

surfin

Hat trick today....
Finally the Warriors have a player who I can draw some inspiration and hope from. A guy who isn't gifted a starting spot at birth because of his genetics, but an ordinary guy, a working class battler like myself, who through hard work and persistence gets to play under the lights, in front of the big crowd.

And three tries in his last three games isn't bad either...

So to all you guys who put him down, shame on you.... Get off your arrogant, self loving wank fest buzz, and have some respect...

Come on guys every one of us here could have played 200 games in the NRL, we just chose not to because we had some other more important stuff to do. I'm happy enough with everything our #2 winger has offered.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
jonno

jonno

Going into this game our left edge is currently sitting on 16 tries for and 9 tries against. Last four games they are 6 and 2.

Simply put, Hoffman, Kata and Manu's edge defense is the reason we are currently in the 8. Kata is making some dodgy rookie errors, but his defense is making up for it IMO.

Our right edge is getting some better results in the last four games as well with 8 tries for and 8 tries against. Not bad. But their season total is still 10 and 14.

But our center defense needs to step up today. They are 9 and 12 for the season, and 5 tries for, 8 tries against in the last 4 games... A lot of this can be attributed to the errors, as the forwards are getting gassed and leaving holes up the middle.

So really a low error game on attack and defense is the key, allowing our natural attacking ability to carry us over the line without trying to take too many crazy risks...

But will the Warriors find a new way to sabotage their success that none of us can predict? Or will they just play some good hard footy for a change?

Reactions: 2 users
Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Get the beersies in - it's a triple header!

jonno

jonno

Come on guys every one of us here could have played 200 games in the NRL, we just chose not to because we had some other more important stuff to do. I'm happy enough with everything our #2 winger has offered.
I like Doyles philosophy. "You can choose your own attitude."

He must be looking at guys like Wright and thinking that's the way to go.

And also he'd be looking at guys with bad attitudes and thinking to himself "fucken muppets......."

Richie

Richie

"The New Zealand side field a brand new right-edge combination this weekend with Peyroux becoming the fourth player to line up at right centre this season. It's hardly the ideal occasion to blood a new partnership, given that they will mark up on the deadly duo of Brad Takairangi and Semi Radradra, who between them have six tries and 21 tackle breaks in 2015."

If we can hold them on the flanks, and contain Peats at the ruck (a big if), we've got this. Unless we underestimate them and the old coach-wielded axe move proves effective for Arthur, in which case...

https://www.nrl.com/eels-v-warriors-preview/tabid/10874/newsid/86191/default.aspx

jonno

jonno

"The New Zealand side field a brand new right-edge combination this weekend with Peyroux becoming the fourth player to line up at right centre this season. It's hardly the ideal occasion to blood a new partnership, given that they will mark up on the deadly duo of Brad Takairangi and Semi Radradra, who between them have six tries and 21 tackle breaks in 2015."

If we can hold them on the flanks, and contain Peats at the ruck (a big if), we've got this. Unless we underestimate them and the old coach-wielded axe move proves effective for Arthur, in which case...

https://www.nrl.com/eels-v-warriors-preview/tabid/10874/newsid/86191/default.aspx
But they are both useful defenders, which is what we've been missing all this time... It'll be interesting to see if they can get a positive try differential for the game out on that right edge...

davewjnz

davewjnz

Well up until now our forwards have been carrying this team so no different today.
Amazing we've been able to put virtually the same starting forward pack for 10 rounds.
Still have our 2 rookies in Kata and Tui progressing with each game.
After last week I'm feeling alot more comfortable with Tui at the back as I've thrown a few "constructive" criticisms his way since round 1.
Last week he showed he can link and pass to his weaker side during set plays shows he's growing in confidence himself.
Hopefully Kata is taking in and absorbing each criticism as well because he too is improving each week.

Congrats to Jonno Wright as he has taken a lot of criticism from this forum since round 1 and he's stood up each week.
Up against the Semi Trailer today will be a really good test of his defence.
I wouldn't be too harsh if Semi scores in his corner because Semi will wreck far better NRL wingers given an inch.
Gotta feel defensively happier with Peyroux and Wright on that edge though.

Mate, if we don't beat Parra today there is something severely wrong with our team.
Parra home game or not they have not been playing good footy.
Robinson at the back is not their answer to their fullback woes and a far better attacking winger.
Luke Kelly will steady their ship but vs Shaun Johnson is not even a match-up.

Warriors by 13+

Last edited:
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Gale force southerlies and showers meant to be ripping into Wellington this arvo.... Sounds like a perfect arvo to turn the heat pump on and sit my ass on the couch and watch all 3 Warriors teams play!!

Richie

Richie

Anything definitive on whether Manu plays? Last I heard from Cappy on Wednesday was that he was 50/50.

ryno

ryno

Gale force southerlies and showers meant to be ripping into Wellington this arvo.... Sounds like a perfect arvo to turn the heat pump on and sit my ass on the couch and watch all 3 Warriors teams play!!

Yep fires on, beers in the fridge, chips and dip ready!

Iafetas Kickstand Wang

Iafetas Kickstand Wang

Wow, some of these NYC lads are outstanding. Forwards are carving up. How about Alan Tongue, I think he's on kickback from Vodafone.. "Great try from the Vodafone Warriors".

Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

Wow, some of these NYC lads are outstanding. Forwards are carving up. How about Alan Tongue, I think he's on kickback from Vodafone.. "Great try from the Vodafone Warriors".

Yeah makes me laugh. TBF, he's a better commentator than that muppet Kimmorley or his brother Belcher. Speaking of muppets, surely there's better comments guys here than Bluey?

Juniors up 26 Zip and going well. Good to see some structure at this level. What a spine. Abbey, Hingano, Clarke, Roache. Plus Bunty, Sipley and a big mobile back row.

Status
Not open for further replies.