Gameday < 2021 NRL 2015 - Rnd 1 - Warriors V Knights Gameday Chatter

All games pre 2021
Status
Not open for further replies.
woohoo gameday, what a long bloody wait... I got a good feeling, that youthful exuberance and cool, experienced heads will blow Newcastle of the field... also we need a new catch cry to start the Warriors new resurgence of being a powerhouse force in the NRL...

I'd damn near forgotten the excitement of gameday - takes me by surprise every year. Warriors jersey on, day revolving around 80 minutes of grown men bashing the shit out of each other to get a stupidly shaped ball across a line, mates coming around, TAB getting ready to take my money... sweet baby cheeses I love this.

tajhay

🏉
Its gameday!
Will Sam Tomkins take the field or wont he? Will Lolohea start as Fullback with Maumalo on the wing? Will Matagi have done enough to earn a reprieve and be part of the 17? All these and other questions will be answered.

Go nuts.

Inruin

Contributor
I hope Lillyman and Matulino are ready to play big minutes because Vete and Lisone will be puffing after 5-10 minutes.

Though that might be a blessing in disguise.

Reactions: Defence
You guys get me for another 10 or 15 (lucky you), then an hour or two of house/yard work, spend another hour burning all the "Warriors Pop-Up channel" games to disc, hope the sun comes out before the first game, crank up the spa to watch the Juniors. Jersey will go on and first beer will come at NSW Cup kick off, then its all on!

The wife and kids get a six hour holiday today:).

I love Triple Header Day!!!

Lets hope I'm in a good mood tonight.

woohoo gameday, what a long bloody wait... I got a good feeling, that youthful exuberance and cool, experienced heads will blow Newcastle of the field... also we need a new catch cry to start the Warriors new resurgence of being a powerhouse force in the NRL...
How about "Warriors! Warriors! Warriors!", or "Keeping the Faith"?

Or better yet, "Just win it"!

ToiletDuck

Administrator
Not to be a kill joy but I have a baaad feeling about this, mainly our backline. I see a lot of meters being gained against us out-wide. Gayguy and BJ are a step above anything guys like Tui, Kata, Maumalo have ever experienced, combined with the fact that Konrand and Manu are poor defenders anyway.

I haven't decided how I feel about our upcoming season. Usually I am so hyped and my expectations are through the roof, and by the end of round 1 I'm starting to think "here we go again". There have been some good signs from preseason, but I think there have been a few omens as well, and with the injuries and debutants I am just hoping for a good showing, and the end score isn't my main priority. The games I have seen so far have a bit of a different feeling to previous years, so maybe all of this is building for a good year for us. But no expecting anything right now.

I am hyped for the game, but not the result or the season. Its more like "thank fuck we have arrived at round 1", than we are going to carve up.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Fully dont know what to expect from this year, but usually the years I have no expectations are the best so fingers crossed.
Little wary about the new boys and am feeling 50/50 as to wether they carve up or get carved up...
Either way footys back :)

Always start every season thinking we can win the comp, and no reason not to feel that way this year, too.
Slightly worried that the first two results this season have been one-sided thumpings: evidently some teams have made far better use of the downtime than others. Hope we're in the right camp

Reactions: mt.wellington
Fingers crossed that youthful enthusiasm makes up for a lack of experience in this game. Some of the defense in the Nines doesn't really fill me with confidence though.

Based on what we've seen in the other games this round, Knights 13+ is looking disturbingly likely :(

Status
Not open for further replies.