Team List NRL 2006 Round 26 - Broncos vs Warriors TEAM LIST

minute

01 Jan 1970 12:00 PM

Team Lists

Robster_old

from warriors.co.nz

Experienced winger Todd Byrne returns from a 14-week lay-off to replace hooker Nathan Fien for the Vodafone Warriors’ final match of the NRL season against the Broncos in Brisbane on Sunday.
Byrne (28), who comes onto the interchange bench, hasn’t played since breaking his right arm in the club’s loss to Cronulla on May 27.
The change was confirmed today when Fien (27) was ruled out after more trouble with his back injury.
The complaint kept him out of the wins over his former club North Queensland and Melbourne before he returned against the Roosters last Sunday.
Winger Cooper Vuna has also been added to the squad as 18th man. Originally named to play against the Roosters last week, he was withdrawn when Fien was cleared.
The 18 players travelling were the only ones fit for consideration for this match. Wairangi Koopu, Tony Martin, Fien, Sonny Fai and George Tuakura are all on the injured list this week

Oh thats no good(fien not playing). But itl maybe give todd byrne a chance going into next year to impress, cos he will need to with all the wingers/centres we will have at the club next year. :)

please put byrne as 18th man and have big george in the 17!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tajhay said:

I think that wont happen but i would rather it did, cos i dont see what todd byrne is going to offer coming off the bench.

Tajhay said:

Even though he's injured? That's pretty brave, lol! :lol:

yeah lol. so maybe thats why we haven't seen fai and big george they would seem to be injured.

Jesbass said:
Tajhay said:

Even though he's injured? That's pretty brave, lol! :lol:

an injured tuakara will offer more impact off the bench than byrne...that was my point all along..... ;)

damn man... if only sonny fai wasnt injured. this wouldve been his golden oportunity. oh well guess we have to wait till next year.

its good to c skinny gettin another run but he isnt a hooker, i dont beleiv iv seen him yet play at hooker, but he could b a fine hooker so lets just wait till the weekend aye, its our last game so it doesnt matter if we win or lose, therefore i think a lot of the reserv players should get a run, i hear mika is a pretty good player y doesnt cleary put him on the bench to replace martin n hiho as hooker, thats if hiho has had experienc at hooker, i dont get barter cup in aus so i wouldnt no if he did try hooker while playin in the bc, or just keep gatis at hooker and hiho at centre, n then giv him a rest while mika is on the field.

TUAKURA***AHVAN said:
its good to c skinny gettin another run but he isnt a hooker, i dont beleiv iv seen him yet play at hooker, but he could b a fine hooker so lets just wait till the weekend aye, its our last game so it doesnt matter if we win or lose, therefore i think a lot of the reserv players should get a run, i hear mika is a pretty good player y doesnt cleary put him on the bench to replace martin n hiho as hooker, thats if hiho has had experienc at hooker, i dont get barter cup in aus so i wouldnt no if he did try hooker while playin in the bc, or just keep gatis at hooker and hiho at centre, n then giv him a rest while mika is on the field.

I doubt he'll be playing at hooker. I think Gatis will play the whole game there. Alternatively, Byrne may come off the bench, Hohaia may shift to hooker, and Gatis may get a break. Either way would work for me.

I would be amazed if byrne played hooker. the more likely situation would be byrne into the centers and hohaia shifting to hooker with gatis going to the bench.

why in the world would you waste a bench position with a dude that can play nowhere else but on the wing. at least with vuna he's got a bit of size to him and could possibly get a few runs mid-field. bad call imo

2black2strong said:
why in the world would you waste a bench position with a dude that can play nowhere else but on the wing. at least with vuna he's got a bit of size to him and could possibly get a few runs mid-field. bad call imo

A bad call imo as well!! But we will just have to wait and see how it goes.

warriorfaithful* said:
2black2strong said:

ino aye, i always agree with clearys chioce for the line up coz i assume he knows wat hes doin but this has got to b his worst decision yet, but you never no i gess he could turn out to b the mom or the match winner for us so lets just wait n see

Don't see where Byrne will fit into the picture, he probably won't get a shot at hooker, won't get much game time at all tbh.

TUAKURA***AHVAN said:
warriorfaithful* said:
2black2strong said:

ino aye, i always agree with clearys chioce for the line up coz i assume he knows wat hes doin but this has got to b his worst decision yet, but you never no i gess he could turn out to b the mom or the match winner for us so lets just wait n see

Yeah we will just have to wait and see how bryne goes(if he gets on the field). And besides we are going to win anyway so its not like the potentially bad decision is going to cost us the game. :)

warriorfaithful* said:
TUAKURA***AHVAN said:
warriorfaithful* said:
2black2strong said:

Yeah we will just have to wait and see how bryne goes(if he gets on the field). And besides we are going to win anyway so its not like the potentially bad decision is going to cost us the game. :)

hahaha true bro, we could play with five players and still win so i doubt this will effect the team in anyway, it seems like sunday cant come quik enough! GO WARRIORS!!!!!

warriors4life said:
Don't see where Byrne will fit into the picture, he probably won't get a shot at hooker, won't get much game time at all tbh.

I agree. I think Cleary is using this to help Byrne clear the cobwebs a bit and regain some confidence since his injury.

TUAKURA***AHVAN said:
it seems like sunday cant come quik enough! GO WARRIORS!!!!!

Yeah i reckon, i cant wait. I read this morning theres going to be like 40,000 people there tommorow at suncorp and all of them(apart from the warriors fans) are going to go home dissapointed lmao. :)

warriorfaithful* said:
TUAKURA***AHVAN said:
it seems like sunday cant come quik enough! GO WARRIORS!!!!!

Yeah i reckon, i cant wait. I read this morning theres going to be like 40,000 people there tommorow at suncorp and all of them(apart from the warriors fans) are going to go home dissapointed lmao. :)
ahahahaha, no one will b goin home dissapointed coz there will b no broncos fans there, if they no wats good for them theyll stay home, i no i wouldnt go to a game if i knew warriors were goin to lose, but they never lose so i always go :p but if some brisbane fans do go there, there almost certain to leave even b4 half time :)