Weno

Weno

Waikato (Ngaruawahia) up in here.
Penrith man before 95.
Hearty Warriors since .

Reactions: 1 users
Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

Grew up in Tokoroa, now live in Whakatane but work in New Plymouth. Travel is a bitch.

Back in the 60s/70s we all played union on a sat and league on a sunday. Retired from playing early as I couldn't see and we couldn't afford contacts. Still one eyed today lol.

Followed and coached union on and off but always had a team in the Winfield/nrl switching between Canberra and Balmain. Warriors since 95 along with the rest of the family (we're rollercoaster junkies) except for the friggin dog who seems to support any team playing against the Warriors.

I'll post pics of the bite marks later.

• Haha

Poihakena

Waikato (Ngaruawahia) up in here.
Penrith man before 95.
Hearty Warriors since .
Most people I ask who they supported before 95 from NZ say Penrith. Not sure why that is, did they have a few Kiwis or something? Well before my time so I wouldn't know.

Freddie Futler

Freddie Futler

Tauranga based Warrior fan here, but as a very transient person have lived all over NZ and Australia.
Supported Warriors since day one and never missed a game live for the first few years when I lived in Auckland.
Prior to that I lived in Bondi in the early eighties and was a member of Eastern Suburbs League Club, so The Rooters are my second team.

Reactions: 1 user
Groucho

Groucho

I went to the first game v broncos. I had organized a bus from Edgecumbe and booked 24 tickets for me and my mates. Some how there was a screw up and I got sent (and paid for) 48 tickets. It took just less than two minutes in the somoko room to flog off the extras.
Now live in Papamoa, there are heaps of warriors fans in the WBoP.
I get up to Mt Smart for a few games each season. The only thing that would stop me going to games would be a shift to eden park.
I have sworn off the warriors so many times I can not count. But I am always back watching them the next weekend.

Reactions: 2 users
Weno

Weno

Most people I ask who they supported before 95 from NZ say Penrith. Not sure why that is, did they have a few Kiwis or something? Well before my time so I wouldn't know.
For me,it was when i met Greg Alexander after playing a Waikato V Auckland game.

But in the mid to late 90s i only remember Gary Freeman, Faasu Afoa and Morvin Edwards wearing the Penrith jersey.
Feed me more on that Warriors.

I just think it was there reggae jersey that would of won the Kiwis bro,lol

Defence

Defence

I was a bears fan originally coz they had mark graham and Clayton friend but they missed the finals in 89- penrith were a bit of an underdog but there was some hype around a 17 yr old brad fittler so I jumped on their bandwagon.

Boats n Hoes

Boats n Hoes

Rotovegas born n bred.

Pre Warriors a Broncos fan hard. That opening match tho I was still unsure who I'd support right until kick off.....Warriors ever since. My love for the Broncos died off once the Langers, Renouf's, and Hancocks moved on.

Man I'd love for an Aussie club to use the Rotorua International stadium as a base for a home game v the Warriors ala Bulldogs and Hamilton. An actual competition game (not a trial) would just max out imo.

Eva

Eva

Hutt Valley/Wellington fan here. I've supported the Warriors for about the last 15 years or so! I would LOVE a second NZ NRL team to be based in Wellington because firstly, I love league and would probably get a season pass to the home games, just to support the local team and again because I love league. But the Warriors would be and will always be my number 1 team!! I support the Warriors through thick and thin. And also have a few other teams - Roosters, Rabbitohs, Bulldogs - that I will support/take interest in whenever they aren't playing the Warriors!

Reactions: 1 user