Where do you support the Warriors from?

• Auckland

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Other

Votes: 49 79.0%

• Total voters
Defence

Defence

If there was a sth island team I'd jump ship tbh.
I was a panthers fan before the warriors came along but if we folded now and I had to follow an Aussie team again it would prob be the titans- just because I live on the gc.

Reactions: 1 user
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Wellington warrior here...

If there was a Wellington based team I'm not sure I'd jump quickly supporting them... I've invested way too much time since 95 watching the Warriors after switching from Manly to change teams again!

Reactions: 1 users
Sup42

Sup42

Auckland here......

If there was a second Franchise I would give equal attention to that , possibly more in their debut season (all the hype around new signings / coaches..the Launch ah what a rush ) ....thereafter stick with the least shit team of the two LOL

• Haha

Over The Dot

Auckland here......

If there was a second Franchise I would give equal attention to that , possibly more in their debut season (all the hype around new signings / coaches..the Launch ah what a rush ) ....thereafter stick with the least shit team of the two LOL

Or maybe support the most shit team of the two.

You know how we all love the underdogs.....

• Haha

phil.kingston

grew up in christchurch, following the MIGHTY crusaders...First League match I watched was 1998 Anzac Match that hooked me on international league. The allblacks were going through a lean patch and the kiwis beating oz got me interested (I didnt know at that stage that it would be the only Anzac match that we would ever win :arghh:)

Move to brisbane in 2000 got me addicted to league and warriors

Reactions: 1 users
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Born and bred (not inbred before someone tries to correct me) in Invercargill. Only lived away for 3 years.

Obsessed since game 1.

I enjoyed Winfield Cup and Kiwis prior to the Warriors and moved to Rockhampton (Central Queensland) for 3 years until 1993. Got caught up in watching future stars over the fence from home while there, and got caught up in supporting Brisbane, and Queensland. When I came home and found out we were getting a NZ team, I was hooked. I hate Brisbane and couldn't give a stuff about Origin now.

I would support a second team, but only as my second team. I have invested too much time, money and energy into the Warriors to turn back now, and I couldn't bear to see a Premiership after I had given them up. The second team would definitely become number 1 if the Warriors folded. Without the Warriors, I would probably chop and change between Dragons, Bulldogs, Titans and Tigers. I despise NQ, Roosters, Manly, Storm, Sharks (when Gallen is playing) and Panthers (when Cleary is coach).

I have found that the average Southland "rugby fan" can take or leave most televised rugby, but would be less likely to miss a Warriors game. Many people I work with are obsessed with playing rugby, but don't really care too much about NPC, Super Rugby, and to a lesser extent All Blacks. They will watch it if they aren't doing something else, whereas, they won't do something else (if they can help it) if the Warriors are on.

Reactions: 4 users
mode81

mode81

I have found that the average Southland "rugby fan" can take or leave most televised rugby, but would be less likely to miss a Warriors game. Many people I work with are obsessed with playing rugby, but don't really care too much about NPC, Super Rugby, and to a lesser extent All Blacks. They will watch it if they aren't doing something else, whereas, they won't do something else (if they can help it) if the Warriors are on.

Yep got heaps of workmates who play rugby but it's more for the keeping fit and social factor then anything else, they couldn't give a toss about the All Blacks or Super Rugby, there's more banter about which one of their team suffered a win or loss in NRL then there is talk of rugby, rugby bores the shit out of most people, league can be robotic at times but it's far more action packed and fast paced then stop start rugby will ever be.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Auckland here......

Mt Wellington here :D

If NZ got a second team I would love to hate them. Would go to every clash we have here and away. Treat it like a local derby. Make it so much more fun. Still root for them when we arent playing. NZ vs Australia is a no brainer in that sense...

Ref

Ref

I know and know of heaps of people who are in the various league Dream Team competitions who would have considered themselves rugby fans but now pay just as much interest to the NRL.
And I am involved in an NRL picking competition with at least 30 other local Rotorua associates and friends, this is the third year we have done it. We pay $5.00 a week and at the end of each year we give the winner some of the prize money and rest goes on booze and food for a party on the weekend of the grand final. Most of us have the Warriors as our favourite team.
Me and my wife never miss a game, usually on TV ( go to the odd live game) and our 3 sons always come over to watch, and one of our girls has started watching (the Shaun Johnson appeal factor).
I never had a special team before the Warriors and they will always be my team. I would support another NZ franchise but not with the same passion, madness, craziness etc

Reactions: 3 users
Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

The problem with a second NZ team would be that it would divide loyalties of the ex-pat kiwis in Australia (look how many Warriors fans turn up to our away games.)

Navigator

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
Christchurch Born bred and white bait fed, but living in Brisbane,
Kiwi at Heart But Aussie By need,
pay is better here the weather is better here and I got married to a Christchurch chick that I met over here.
Still I would not change my team if a Christchurch or south island team came into the comp.

I have been a Warrior Fan since the first day and I will be till my last.

Onewarrior

Tauranga myself, lived in Hamilton for 10 years, now back in Tauranga for the last 6. Mad passionate Warriors fan since the first talk
of a New Zealand side in the Winfield Cup. If there was a second NZ side in the NRL I would follow their progress and I guess they would
be my second side, but they couldn't come close to how I feel about the Warriors, just wouldn't be the same.

DavidMcKay1974

DavidMcKay1974

Living in Wellington, Porirua to be exact.

Born and bred West Coaster, lived in Alexandra for my late teens.

I consider myself to be a Southerner too.

I'm a sports nut, would watch any sports, and mainly support the All Blacks, and the Highlanders in the Super 15.

I support the New Zealand Breakers in the basketball, and I will always read up about how the Phoenix are doing but I don't support them.

I saw the Warriors from day 1, and have always been a Warriors fan from day 1. And a Manly supporter before them.

Iafetas Kickstand Wang

Iafetas Kickstand Wang

If another team from NZ came in, it'd still be the Warriors for me. The other team I'd be passionate about as well, but I'd massively favour the Warriors. They were the first for me. The only way it would change is something diabolical happened - the Owen Glenn stuff I must admit tested my patience but Cappy's approach is very refreshing.

For me, never lived in Auckland, from the West Coast and now in Sydney. Can be tough when we lose, people in the office know I'm passionate about it and love to lay a sledge or two on. I just want us to win a premiership, that'd be awesome. I reckon I'd be off my face for about a week.

Poihakena

From South Island originally, never been to Auckland in my life. But have followed the Warriors on off since I was a kid in 95. Remember begging my Dad in 98 to take me to a game v Bulldogs at QE2 in Chch. I loved it, bored him to tears haha. Live in Sydney now (as you can tell by my username) and go to as many games as I can when the boys are over here.

Don't think I would support another NZ team before the Warriors, but they would definitely be my second team.

Reactions: 2 users

Perth warrior

Born in wanganui now living here in Perth Australia. Tragic fan, my wife never heard of the warriors when we first met now she's more tragic then me. Can't wait for tomorrow, near sellout (again...). Huge Kiwi base over here so big support for the boys every time they come.

Reactions: 4 users