Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Other

Votes: 49 79.0%

• Total voters
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Saw a couple of posts from the origin thread about wether or not people outside Auckland gave a rats arse about the Warriors which got me curious.

Personally grew up in Hawkes Bay and Wellington and have supported the Warriors from day 1 back in 95. Yes union is more than likely more popular in those parts but I was always surrounded by plenty of Warriors fans.

So are we Truely the NZ Warriors or are we still the "Auckland" Warriors? Vote away!

tajhay

tajhay

🏉
Might be worth noting that majority of the traffic to this site comes outside of Auckland.

Reactions: 1 user

stacky18

Grew up in Invercargill, as kids we all played union but loved league. Always with a group of mates that love the warriors.
Now days were spread around the world but we all keep the faith and every weekend when the warriors are on we msg and keep in touch. The warriors have probably kept us as mates and helps us keep in touch with NZ.

Reactions: 5 users
Harlz

Harlz

Grew up in Te Awamutu, been following the warriors ever since i was a boy

Raurimu Massive

Raurimu Massive

Whangarei here. Anything that gets a bit feral is enough to excite us.

eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Wellington, by way of Rotorua and Christchurch, have a theory you might get more 'online' support for the warriors outside of Auckland as they are unable to see as many games, or hear the rumours, or go see Konrad doing silly things in the club on a Saturday night, so they need outlets such as this?

Reactions: 2 users
Defence

Defence

Wellington, by way of Rotorua and Christchurch, have a theory you might get more 'online' support for the warriors outside of Auckland as they are unable to see as many games, or hear the rumours, or go see Konrad doing silly things in the club on a Saturday night, so they need outlets such as this?

Also most jafas are illiterate

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

drake83

Born in Palmy moved to Aussie in 94 at the age of 11 no way was I supporting the cowbous heard about the warriors in 93 and knew that was who I was going to support.
Never got to see a warriors game ti super league year but always listened to the radio to find out scores.
Moved back in 03 and have split time between welly and palmy warriors have always been my team but the real question is if NZ got another team which team would you support in a local derby?

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
But the real question is if NZ got another team which team would you support in a local derby?

Often thought about this eh. Could never go against the Warriors so could only support another NZ team as my second team (would still want one though).

Reactions: 1 users
way2sharp

way2sharp

Whanganui atm but Wainuiomata hard.
Was at the first game and will support to the death.

drake83

Often thought about this eh. Could never go against the Warriors so could only support another NZ team as my second team (would still want one though).
Even if it was based in the town that you lived in id support both but hmmm when it came to derbys id be undecided maybe indifferent like origin.

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Even if it was based in the town that you lived in id support both but hmmm when it came to derbys id be undecided maybe indifferent like origin.

Yeah its a tough one, when the Orcas bid was in I would have supported them and gone to most of the home games (hell probably would of been a member) but I still dont think I would have been able to support them against the Warriors.

drake83

Yeah its a tough one, when the Orcas bid was in I would have supported them and gone to most of the home games (hell probably would of been a member) but I still dont think I would have been able to support them against the Warriors.
Yea think id be indifferent but then id know id have two games id have to watch every weekend.
Imagine if they got in some of the players they could have had like Matulino, Mannering, Sika Manu etc

eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Yeah, even if the orcas were real, i couldn't turn away from the worries, but it would be nice to have a second team.

Its like the super 12, i supported the blues as a kid, and though i dont care about them much these days, have never jumped onto the chiefs or hurricanes bandwagon.

Last edited:
Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

I am a typical Aucklander - born overseas and don't understand the national obsession with rugby.

way2sharp

way2sharp

I am a typical Aucklander - born overseas and don't understand the national obsession with rugby.

Have been thinking about this a fair bit. Is there a national obsession with rugby or do we have a media industry based around rugby and a population that take what is put in front of them?
I work in a school and we have the whole range of Waynes jerseys regularly worn, I couldn't tell you when I last saw a rugby jersey.

Reactions: 1 users