Internationals New Zealand -v- Australia *SPOILER*

Magic Stick_old

Tuiaki, Mannering, Asotasi, Smith and Rapira would all probably walk into the side if they were fit...

Would still just take Manu

Asotasi hasnt done anything for years now

Mannering and Smith would be tough calls, but i like our mobile pack at the moment,all have quick feet and can promote the ball,and there defense was brilliant

Rapira seems to lift for the kiwis...but i like frank pauls foot work at the line of contact

Tuiaki doesnt interest me at all

warriors4life_old

Would still just take Manu

Asotasi hasnt done anything for years now

Mannering and Smith would be tough calls, but i like our mobile pack at the moment,all have quick feet and can promote the ball,and there defense was brilliant

Rapira seems to lift for the kiwis...but i like frank pauls foot work at the line of contact

Tuiaki doesnt interest me at all

Guess it just depends on your preference. I'd take all except maybe Rapira as FPN has really impressed, and Tuiaki would probably miss out to Perrett if Manu was back.

kingkole_old

kearney and the coaching staff got our team right in terms of what they had on offer, I like the pack theY selected and with the selection of pettybourne adds a bit more mongrell as well.
if you compare our team to the roos its no doubt there back line is fantastic but ive always thought there current pack is overrated barring smith they have a lot of fine fit atheletes but the they lack the foot work and ball playing skills of our boys.
guys like brett (talk my self up) white anthony (defensive lapes)watmough
sam ( Dont run at JWH anymore)thaiday are all good players ,but compared to our boys and what they did to them on the weekend made them look like possums in headlights (scared), the key to winnning this thing is utilising guys like junior sau this guy takes 4 defenders every time can you imagine having vatuvei sau an inform matai and tuiaki all on the field at onetime chuck in pritchard runnning on the flanks thats pretty frightning for anyside to try and defend againts but in saying all this the rust is gone beware of the 'ROOS.'

Kav_old

I clearly heard Lance call for the ball. Perret has a hearing problem and that's why he didn't hear someone chasing down a kick against the Kiwis on that disaster tour to the UK awhile ago. Remember he just stood there and watched the Poms score.

And, what about Billy Slater, the best Fullback in the world - didn't he miss 2 tackles that led to tries? - Lance beat him all ends up and Frankie boy dusted him off -10 points to the Kiwis pilgrims.

I will bet anything that Lance will continue to make the odd blooper in every game he plays and I'll also bet Billy the Slug will continue to do the same. Doesn't Kearney already know this???

I do like comparing apples with apples

The last time I saw the perfect game from anyone was when JC played Fullback for the Israelites!!!!

Nice one KK - where have you been? Your humour (and league knowledge) have been missed!!!

Kav

Swanley_old

I think smith is a automatic pick for the Kiwis.

Now, as for Mannering, I think he will be struggling to get a game now.

Asotasi is always injured.

Rapira would be a tough call

Tuiaki - does he want to play for the Kiwis ?

Blake_old

When has Tuiaki played well for the kiwi's? Does he want to play for them? Did Moimoi? Or perhaps the question should be if they could play for any country and still be on the world stage who would it be and in what order.

kingkole_old

yeah ive been along the same lines as kav, quite but keeping up with the play.
I think tuiaki was in career best form this year he was fitter then he ever was previous and this year was pretty close to unstopable,it will be interesting to see where tama tupou ends in tht tigers backline next season considering the amount of kiwis they have and the signing of tuquri,what i hope they dont do is put (TUIAKI) him in the backrow as had been rumored early on in his career.PS ITS GOOD TO BE BLOGGING AGAIN.

daj3_old

I think Rapira would have been in the extended squad for sure had he been fit... and he probably would have been a certain to play every test. You have to remember we are short on props this tour, and I'd probably pick him ahead of Asotasi on current form.

Anyone suggesting Smith wouldn't make the side now has a very short memory/attention span.

As for Mannering and Asotasi, I agree the current kiwis pack on form alone would see these guys pushed out. In reality I think we all know they'll be back.

2big2strong_old

Agreed, what Blair did in last weeks game and got all the accolades for, Smith did in every game last year.

I get the feeling Rapira isn't very highly rated by some posters on here, lucky that they aren't NZ selectors because he was rated by the Kangaroos last year as the person they hated tackling the most. He'd be my first prop picked for sure, I don't know how he goes in the stats but they don't always tell the full story, he drags 3-4 defenders nearly every tackle, unlike Lima who does make quite a few metres and a lot of carries but get's cut down easier than most wingers in the game, if someone goes low on Lima his run is all over, if they go low on Rapira they get bumped off then run over then he offloads the ball. It's far more effective having props that suck the energy out of the opposition forwards by fighting in the tackle like Rapira does, than guys that get chopped down by halfbacks. Petero and numerous other Australians said during the WC last year that they would put everything they had into tackling Rapira and were still getting driven back and bumped off like, 'schoolboys' I believe was the word that was used.

I don't think two massive wingers would be a smart move, Tuiaki and Manu turn around like the Queen Mary and even though they both offer great attack, they can both be a liabilty with fast opposition. Perrett on one wing and Manu on the other, although I'm quite impressed with Goodwin... the only player that made more tackle breaks than he did last week was Inglis, that's a very impressive stat given his opposition.