Internationals New Zealand -v- Australia *SPOILER*

Jesbass_old

:nono: Tsk tsk...you're normally quite an astute watcher of the game JB, you missed Hohaia's customary high ball shocker? When both he and Perrett went for the ball, and both ended up missing? To be fair, they should share the blame, but I'd put money that Hohaia was more in the wrong given that Perrett it now an established NRL fullback.

Yeah, I admit to not being that astute this morning. I was teaching our English guest the ins and outs of the game, and missed a few bits from time to time. My bad!

Viking_old

Oh, that pass - not the one to Inglis? I'd have to have another look.

How the Smith try was supposedly off a 1m forward pass is beyond me, though.

I saw it again on the news and it was the Smith to Inglis pass which was marginally forward but not as bad as I first thought. The English commentators had convinced me that it was a meter forward. Still, if it had been the difference between winning and losing, we'd all be crying in our beers.

Jesbass_old

I saw it again on the news and it was the Smith to Inglis pass which was marginally forward but not as bad as I first thought. The English commentators had convinced me that it was a meter forward. Still, if it had been the difference between winning and losing, we'd all be crying in our beers.

Of course we would, but not based on that try. We'd be lamenting our goal kicking even more than we are now.

The 1m forward pass was apparently the one from Inglis for Smith's try. It looked diagonally back (and thus fine) to my (already established non-astute) eyes.

Northern_Union

In actual fact i thought it should have been a penalty for a deliberate forward pass.

playdaball_old

Aussie have got to work out how they can get the ball to their supersatrs in the backline. They do of course have to win the battle up front

Northern_Union

Thats where they'll struggle a little i think. The Kiwis, Enagland have the forwards to match the aussies, hell even the French have a big mobile pack this time around. Whats Sheens got up his sleeve to combat this i wonder? Who knows but he needs to get the ball to his backs more.

Jesbass_old

In actual fact i thought it should have been a penalty for a deliberate forward pass.

Which one are you referring to, NU? The Inglis-to-Smith pass for Smith's try? Or the Smith-to-Inglis pass or Inglis-to-Morris pass for Morris' try?

Kaiaua krusher_old

I clearly heard Lance call for the ball. Perret has a hearing problem and that's why he didn't hear someone chasing down a kick against the Kiwis on that disaster tour to the UK awhile ago. Remember he just stood there and watched the Poms score.

And, what about Billy Slater, the best Fullback in the world - didn't he miss 2 tackles that led to tries? - Lance beat him all ends up and Frankie boy dusted him off -10 points to the Kiwis pilgrims.

I will bet anything that Lance will continue to make the odd blooper in every game he plays and I'll also bet Billy the Slug will continue to do the same. Doesn't Kearney already know this???

I do like comparing apples with apples

The last time I saw the perfect game from anyone was when JC played Fullback for the Israelites!!!!

Swanley_old

Lance has always been dodgy under the high ball.

But he knows how to really chime into the backline.

No changes for me.

I think we need to beat France as much as possible.

2big2strong_old

Leuluai was a passenger the entire time he was on the field, if Inglis had of caught his silly kick backwards that he ultimately fumbled, nobody would of caught him and we'd all be calling for his head. Thanks to a rare error from Inglis Frank scored shortly after. I'd put Hohaia at interchange hooker and oust Leuluai, put Locke at fullback, I don't care how green he is he ALWAYS attacks the football and hit's it at pace. People doubted JWH and he was unlucky not to be named man-of-the-match yesterday. Hohaia has shown he still slots into a fullbacks attacking position when playing hooker, look at those two brilliant tries he scored in Rd 1 against Parramatta, the second one was identical to the 2 he's scored in his last 2 tests against Aus off the scrum. Locke is super safe and a real gamebreaker, I can't see him being a liability at all, look what he did with an average team around him at the Warriors this year, imagine him running off of Frank Pritchard or FPN's hips, always sniffing for a run away try.

kiwi's 13-6_old

dam good game.

but the ref was poor.

lance hohaia man of the match must have been because he got gypt of the man of the match in world cup final last year! he had a mixed game.

12,000 crowd was poor seeing as the last time nz an aus played in london it got 16,000 at another venue. should have been played in nz!

issac luke is the man! but dont let him do the goal kicking! jared warea- hargraves 7 nrl game an was smashing aussies all day! marshalldecent job as capitan of the side. dudes like jr sau who ive never seen play before were awesome. kearney seems to get a lot out of players like leuleuai an fien who seem unispiring at club l;evel but go up a gear for test matches!

id like to see foran, locke, inu and eastwood get a run against the french so they can attempt to force thier way into the team. and also so they are ready if someone is injued or suspended and have had game time with the squad. we should beat the french comfortably but saying that a badly coached injury depleted 2007 kiwi's side only just beat france!

aussie will make a few changes an are starting flat compared to us as we had a warm against tonga. theyll be better should we meet them in the final! so we need to improve.

warriors4life_old

Lance has always been dodgy under the high ball.

But he knows how to really chime into the backline.

No changes for me.

I think we need to beat France as much as possible.

Agreed, if through some weird circumstances England beat both us and Australia then it will come down to points differential and we need to stay ahead.

Magic Stick_old

Leuluai is crap...id throw him out

Interesting with all the players we have out with injury...I would only take Manu

Northern_Union

What about Asotasi and Smith? I'd take them any day of the week. Sika Manu, Mannering?

warriors4life_old

Leuluai is crap...id throw him out

Interesting with all the players we have out with injury...I would only take Manu

Tuiaki, Mannering, Asotasi, Smith and Rapira would all probably walk into the side if they were fit...

Blake_old

No Asotasi. Guy has been down the last couple of seasons. Perhaps coincided with him being given the captaincy?

Watched a replay of the game - how come it has taken them so long to throw the ball deeper into the backline.

Pritchards try is a perfect example. Simply brilliant stuff, started by Fien then a brilliantly run decoy and cut out pass out behind the player to Pritchard.

Where has this been all these years? Sure their backs might not be as good as the Aussies but with dominant forwards and the ability to play deep in the backline certainly evens up the playing field.

Geez their forward pack is soft when you compare how dangerous their backline can be.

How much can the coaches of each team learn from this display? What weakness will each be looking to exploit?