LordGnome_old

Any female forum members interested?

Any female forum members interested?

Attachments

• Fanuary[1].jpg
    Fanuary[1].jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 19

Jesbass_old

Actually, it's easier to make predictions when something has happened.

Hence bets being made before a horse race rather than during the final turn.

I'd rather read 100 posts with theories on what could happen next year than 5 posts saying, "hold up, the season hasn't started yet, let's not get crazy".

We have a long off season, lets at least use it to think about what could be next year.

That is what makes the first game of the season so magical, nearly 6 months of "what-if's" waiting to be answered.

I think someone's just upset that her lover boys aren't considered good enough, (and by and large they're not), to lead us into a Grand Final.

Bring on the "what ifs"! :thumb:

KeepingTheFaith_old

How's this for a "what if"

"What if" Daniel Anderson is made Eels coach as expected.

Round 1 Warriors V Eels

Anderson and Stacey both returning to Mt Smart.

KeepingTheFaith_old

Right, we shall see. It's easy to make your predictions when nothing's happened

Isn't that the ONLY time to make a prediction? If you make it after the event then how can it be called a prediction?

To Predict - Make a statement about the FUTURE.

Jesbass_old

How's this for a "what if"

"What if" Daniel Anderson is made Eels coach as expected.

Round 1 Warriors V Eels

Anderson and Stacey both returning to Mt Smart.

Yeah, back to his original club. Talk about full circle! It would definitely be an interesting match up. Lucky the two teams use opposite stands! :D

LordGnome_old

I predict that we will fall just short and loose to Manly in the GF eliminator in 2008.

Skinny_Ravs82

The Warriors for example could make a play for Cameron Smith, Cam demands about 500k maybe 600k. With the money they bought Stacey Jones, Grant Rovelli, Michael Witt, they could easily put a competitive offer on the table for Cameron Smith.

That rotten bugga??? No thank you, I'm totally fine with our players that play at hooker.

Jesbass_old

That rotten bugga??? No thank you, I'm totally fine with our players that play at hooker.

Lol, he's a rotten bugger, but you squealed with delight when you took a photo of him in a Telly-tubby suit?

Did he know that your thin veil of politeness hid years of anger and emnity?

:lol1:

Kid-Dynamite_old

Last night got me thinking, if Stacey Jones is going to play 7 next year for the Warriors, where is Fien going to play!? Nathan Fien last night proved he is class in the halves, with a superb kicking game and passing game. He just has great all round vision!

He needs to be in the Warriors team somewhere, it'd be a shame if he wasn't!

I was thinking:

6- Fien
7- Jones

And if Stacey can't get back up to the level he needs to be, Fien is a shoe in for the 7 jersey next year!

Either way though, I think we need Fiens skills as part of our team next year! He is growing from strength to strength when it comes to playing in the halves!

Iafeta_old

I think he went a long way to shoring up round 1's number 6 jersey for next year. Great game last night no doubt, but even last night the same old reoccuring problems came up... short grubber game has too much weight on it (cost a certain meat pie), and he's not the best runner of the football, his balance is a bit all over the show. The guys I would irrevocably write off for Round 1 in the halves are Witt, Rovelli, Foran, Heremaia and John. That leaves Jones, Fien and Moon battling it out and I suspect the former two have the eye on the prize at the moment.

garyhobson_old

He's the best hooker in the world at present and you wouldnt want him? Consistant, hardly misses a game through injury, tough, smart, leader, can play 9, 7, 6, can kick, future Qsld captain and australian captain. That goes to show how one eyed you are. I don't think that we are that strong at hooker, Ian Henderson does a good job, we just have a lot of players who can cover at hooker. Lance Hohaia will never be a starting hooker, just a guy who can come off the bench and fill in there, Grant Rovelli whos future at the club doesnt look beyond 2009, Nathan Fien who's a halfback/five eight not a hooker, and the 2 young blokes Arron Pawley and Mara.

Cameron Smith would be good, but I would rather have Robbie Farah, whos also off contract after 2009, and will be 100k cheaper than Cameron.

Last edited by a moderator:

garyhobson_old

I think he went a long way to shoring up round 1's number 6 jersey for next year. Great game last night no doubt, but even last night the same old reoccuring problems came up... short grubber game has too much weight on it (cost a certain meat pie), and he's not the best runner of the football, his balance is a bit all over the show. The guys I would irrevocably write off for Round 1 in the halves are Witt, Rovelli, Foran, Heremaia and John. That leaves Jones, Fien and Moon battling it out and I suspect the former two have the eye on the prize at the moment.

I really doubt that Stacey Jones will be ready to play in round 1. He'll be playing for the Vulcans at the start of the season, then if he's up to it the Warriors. You would have to go with at this stage, Nathan Fien and Joel Moon, Nathan Fien and Liam Foran, or Nathan Fien and Daniel O'Regan.

Iafeta_old

He's the best hooker in the world at present and you wouldnt want him? Consistant, hardly misses a game through injury, tough, smart, leader, can play 9, 7, 6, can kick, future Qsld captain and australian captain. That goes to show how one eyed you are. I don't think that we are that strong at hooker, Ian Henderson does a good job, we just have a lot of players who can cover at hooker. Lance Hohaia will never be a starting hooker, just a guy who can come off the bench and fill in there, Grant Rovelli whos future at the club doesnt look beyond 2009, Nathan Fien who's a halfback/five eight not a hooker, and the 2 young blokes Arron Pawley and Mara.

Cameron Smith would be good, but I would rather have Robbie Farah, whos also off contract after 2009, and will be 100k cheaper than Cameron.

Farah has told Wests Tigers he's going to the market looking for $500,000. He's not worth $500,000. Henderson is a good direct hooker who works well with our forwards. He's another outstanding value for money buy. Hohaia can be explosive out of dummy half. I think that combination would be one of the most potent hooking combinations in the NRL. Not too many teams will be able to inject a guy with the speed of Hohaia into dummy half.

For the record, I also strongly believe in Pawley and Mara. Pawley is a bit like Danny Buderus in that he knows how to put a man over the advantage line. He's smart and picks the right time to take a dart. Mara is another dynamite hooker, very sharp out of dummy half and still has a year on his side in the Under 20's.

I think we're very well served at hooker.

garyhobson_old

Farah has told Wests Tigers he's going to the market looking for $500,000. He's not worth $500,000. Henderson is a good direct hooker who works well with our forwards. He's another outstanding value for money buy. Hohaia can be explosive out of dummy half. I think that combination would be one of the most potent hooking combinations in the NRL. Not too many teams will be able to inject a guy with the speed of Hohaia into dummy half.

For the record, I also strongly believe in Pawley and Mara. Pawley is a bit like Danny Buderus in that he knows how to put a man over the advantage line. He's smart and picks the right time to take a dart. Mara is another dynamite hooker, very sharp out of dummy half and still has a year on his side in the Under 20's.

I think we're very well served at hooker.

I believe Robbie Farah is worth anywhere from 400k upwards. He'll play for nsw next year, and he will be a key member of the nsw team.

If Ian Henderson gets injuried, the Warriors are left weak at hooker. Ivan wont want to play the 2 young blokes at all cost(Arron Pawley & Mara), who I believe are 2 bright prospects, and should be given a go sometime during the 2009 season in the nrl. Nathan Fien plays crap at hooker, which is why the Warriors wanted to let him go, his position is halfback/five eight, and should be left there if he is going to be selected in the side. So basically your left with the dynamic utility bench hooker Lance Hohaia and Grant Rovelli.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iafeta_old

I believe Robbie Farah is worth anywhere from 400k upwards. He'll play for nsw next year, and he will be a key member of the nsw team.

If Ian Henderson gets injuried, the Warriors are left weak at hooker. Ivan wont want to play the 2 young blokes at all cost(Arron Pawley & Mara), who I believe are 2 bright prospects, and should be given a go sometime during the 2009 season in the nrl. Nathan Fien plays crap at hooker, which is why the Warriors wanted to let him go, his position is halfback/five eight, and should be left there if he is going to be selected in the side. So basically your left with the dynamic utility bench hooker Lance Hohaia and Grant Rovelli.

Rovelli, Foran, Fien, Hohaia have all played hooker at first grade level. There is enough depth should Henderson go down. I've said it for a long time that Rovelli is a better dummy half than halfback.

Henderson would be on perhaps $140,000, Hohaia perhaps $180,000=$320,000 for your hooking rotation, and a mighty effective one is much better than spending $400,000 + on Robbie Farah. I also do not believe he is a shoe-in for New South Wales, they have Michael Ennis, Kurt Gidley, Craig Wing, Issac De Gois all pushing for the hooking role, and I'd also throw in the name Henderson as well.

Farah is not worth that sort of cash with our depth at hooker.

garyhobson_old

Rovelli, Foran, Fien, Hohaia have all played hooker at first grade level. There is enough depth should Henderson go down. I've said it for a long time that Rovelli is a better dummy half than halfback.

Henderson would be on perhaps $140,000, Hohaia perhaps $180,000=$320,000 for your hooking rotation, and a mighty effective one is much better than spending $400,000 + on Robbie Farah. I also do not believe he is a shoe-in for New South Wales, they have Michael Ennis, Kurt Gidley, Craig Wing, Issac De Gois all pushing for the hooking role, and I'd also throw in the name Henderson as well.

Farah is not worth that sort of cash with our depth at hooker.

Yeah those are some good hookers you named there. Especially Isaac De Gois. Theres really no position that the Warriors are lacking next season, everything is pretty much covered. Thats a credit to the management I guess. Which is why I believe Warriors will make the top 8 next season possibly top 4, because of their depth if injuries were to occur during the tough season ahead.

But more on the hooking issue here. My personal opinon is that you buy Robbie Farah for 400k because hes a class player, and a proven match winner and leader, hes worth it. Added to that, young players such as Arron Pawley and Mara as your back up if he were to go down, both who will be on no more than 100k each. You would obviously have to release the other guys such as Grant Rovelli, Lance Hohaia, and Michael Witt then. And remember Ian Henderson's contract exprires at the end of 2010, he'll command a lot more than 140k.

garyhobson_old

I think he's pretty much a shoe-in if he keeps up his form, the way hes been playing for the last 4 seasons. I think he will be picked on the back of his consistancy. He's been playing well for the last 4 years, asupposed to someone like Isaac De Gois whos a great hooker, but really has only been a genuine stand out in the last season. Same with Ian Henderson, inexprience player, has had 1 good season of nrl behind him. Cant see the selectors picking him. NSW orgin selectors will be after proven success, playing ability in big matches, which Robbie has winning the 2005 GF, consistancy, and exprience, everything Robbie has. Hes been knocking on the door for years, I think the selectors will reward him for that next season with a call up to the Blues. He's also played for City and outplayed Danny in that game. Those other hookers have a long road ahead if they were to over take Robbie Farah.

Kurt Gidley will be in the 17 somewhere, on the bench or even starting halfback next to maybe Terry Campese or Felti Mateo.

sebastian_old

Unless we finally manage to sign either a Wallace or Thurston, Witt & Fien have been our best halves combo over the last 4 season's. They'll probabally never win the GF, as they lack that extra class but they proved last season they can get close to winning it & until we finally manage to sign a great half that will win us the GF Fien & Witt are better than putting someone too old or too raw at half. I see no reason to change our halves from the Manly game to Rd. 1.