General New Halfback - Stacey Jones!

Jesbass_old

Just thought about the $ factor, I know I wont be driving up from Palmerston North every weekend to watch Rovelli play, but I beat you Stacey Jones will get people through those gates, great move by the club to cash in on thier long term investment the old general

Yeah, our first home match will likely have a boost of attendance from this news alone, whether or not he actually plays.

Jesbass_old

I'd act surprised, but...

https://warriors.sitesuite.ws/plugins/newsfeed.cgi?rm=content&plugin_data_id=25655

Sunday News today apologised to Stacey Jones and the Vodafone Warriors for a story it published last week about the halfback’s new one-year contract to play for the club in the 2009 National Rugby League competition.

After Jones’ signing was announced last Friday (November 7), Sunday News ran a story on November 9 which carried alleged details of the contract he had agreed to.

The paper will publish a correction and apology in its edition this Sunday (November 16) which will read:

Correction and Apology – Stacey Jones – Warriors

“Last week we (Sunday News) published details of what we were told the Warriors had agreed to pay Stacey Jones next season.

“The Warriors’ management have contacted the Sunday News to tell us, and we accept, that our information was incorrect and that our figures were significantly overstated.

“The Sunday News regrets the error and apologises for any embarrassment it caused to Stacey Jones or the Warriors.”

Esoj_old

just like they say there is two sides to every story there is 2 sides to the sunday news in regards to league. one writes trash while the other is on the sleeve of the national team. I applaud the latter but despise the former.

Jesbass_old

just like they say there is two sides to every story there is 2 sides to the sunday news in regards to league. one writes trash while the other is on the sleeve of the national team. I applaud the latter but despise the former.

Well said, Esoj, although I'd hasten to add that there's often more than just 2 sides to every story. ;)

Good on ya for pointing out the sponsorship, though, because I'd let it slip my mind! :D

Kid-Dynamite_old

I've heard Peiter Leitch (The Mad Butcher) say Stacey coming back was never about the money! And I can honestly say I firmly believe that! He won't be on much, but that's not what it's about!

He has answered a call for a club that he loves and cherishes! That's all I believe his re-signing was about! The Sunday New obviously didn't understand that!

garyhobson_old

He wouldnt have come back to the Warriors if he knew they werent a chance of reaching the GF next year.

2big2strong_old

In the Courier Mail here in Brisbane this week, they had a NRL players poll. 53% said that Stacey Jones won't only guide the Warriors to the finals next year, but take them straight to the GF! That's a pretty big wrap from your peers if ever I saw one.

Jesbass_old

In the Courier Mail here in Brisbane this week, they had a NRL players poll. 53% said that Stacey Jones won't only guide the Warriors to the finals next year, but take them straight to the GF! That's a pretty big wrap from your peers if ever I saw one.

Far out. Just goes to show how much respect players have for him, notwithstanding the idiots texting abusive messages to Radio Sport.

KeepingTheFaith_old

Shows that the other NRL players think the same as most Warriors fans. Strong forwards, deadly backs, just need a half with a good head on his shoulders who knows the right option when he sees it.

David James_old

Right, we shall see. It's easy to make your predictions when nothing's happened

Actually, it's easier to make predictions when something has happened.

Hence bets being made before a horse race rather than during the final turn.

I'd rather read 100 posts with theories on what could happen next year than 5 posts saying, "hold up, the season hasn't started yet, let's not get crazy".

We have a long off season, lets at least use it to think about what could be next year.

That is what makes the first game of the season so magical, nearly 6 months of "what-if's" waiting to be answered.

LordGnome_old

Talking of pubic hair, has anyone else notice the proliferation currently being sported on the top lips of various idiots around the country for Homovember?

Fanuary is a much better idea in my opinion.