General New Halfback - Stacey Jones!

LordGnome_old

Does Skinny just write crap to annoy people, or does she really believe it?

Maybe she is from Sienfelds Bizzaro World, and that is why she thinks backwards?

Nah mate, she's just a retard.

Last edited by a moderator:

LordGnome_old

Anyway, I can't hang around here all day, I have to go to the polling booth and throw dog shit at people sporting blue rossettes.

Tyrael_old

What I find is you guys don't like Rav's a lot, but instead of (with exception of Jesbass) commenting on what Rav's is commenting, you are all attacking her personally. Which I think is pathetic.

What I think is pathetic about Rav's comments is that all her comments were negative, she said nothing positive except every now and then she would say, oh experience...but oh experience isn't everything.

I think if Jones as a signing, would be playing every now and then would be a great help, but if the other halfback's are so out of depth that Jones has to play 80% of the games and 100% of the crunch games, then it is a set back.

I know he has stated that he won't be playing all of the games and that he does need to do a lot of work on his fitness etc, but that is all just pre-season talk.

Is it possible to see a 2 back 2 forward interchange with the new 10 interchanges per game rule? If it is possible (we do have 2 80 minute backrowers in Mannering and Luck) then I would like to see Stacey on the bench more often but not starting and playing more then 60% of the games.

LordGnome_old

I think the personnal attacks on Skinny are because she has been babbling crap for YEARS now.

None of them are meant to offend her, I am sure, but its a forum so people speak their mind.

Jesbass_old

haha
i was just playing jes.
it def has been a complete blindside.
ivan and warriors management did a pretty good job keeping this under wraps. there were no hints even after the all golds game.

Haha, yeah, I know, mate. I was caught so off guard. I found out via text, when I usually find out from the club itself. I though it was a p!sstake, but I'm stoked that it isn't.

Cheers to Stacey! :tea:

LordGnome_old

Ok.

No offence is ever intended, but its hard to convey irony, humour etc on a forum.

PB_old

What I find is you guys don't like Rav's a lot, but instead of (with exception of Jesbass) commenting on what Rav's is commenting, you are all attacking her personally. Which I think is pathetic.

People have discussed her comments regularly in the past but have just given up. If logic and reason haven't been able to be learned and applied after 20,000+ posts it reaches a point where there's no benefit to playing the tolerance game. This isn't to say SR82 doesn't contribute to the forum, because she definitely does, but some people have a breaking point. Is it pathetic that they do and react or is the person that drives them to that point pathetic? Probably both, but it's human nature to express frustration and it takes many forms - not all are pleasant, nor should they be.

LordGnome_old

You wanna try talking politics with NU mate, then you find a lack of logic and reason!

bigstuboy_old

Thurston, Tallis back Jones' NRL return

Current Test halfback Johnathan Thurston and former Australian captain Gorden Tallis have endorsed Stacey Jones's shock decision to come out of retirement and play for the Warriors next season.
He's a quality player and he'll certainly bring some direction to the club," said Thurston, keyed up to play for Australia against PNG in front of his home crowd at Dairy Farmers Stadium on Sunday.

"He's right up there. He's played for his country and been a great players for the Warriors for a long period of time. I always found it tough going up against him."
Tallis, who said most players wished they could play forever, backed the comeback by his one time rival at club and Test level.

"He was a champion player," said Tallis who jokingly suggested Brisbane would have to trot out its champion No.7 Allan Langer against him next season.

"I played with Allan Langer at 37 and Stacey is the New Zealand version of Alfie. I would never write him off.

"If he plays at 80 or 90 per cent and gets the Warriors around the park, that's what they've struggled with at times, getting the ball in the right place at the right time.

sebastian_old

First of all welcome back Stacey, we will all support you next year. However my personal opinion is this is a mistake, Stacey's form was getting worse during the last 2 years at the Warriors, some games he was just terrible. This has shocked me in the sense that our plan was to give Liam & Moon a chance in 2009 or keep the Witt & Fien combination who did get us one game away from the grand final till 2010 where we go for the big play for a classy 7 or at least a promising one such as Peter Wallace. I too fear this could backfire on Stacey & it could turn into a joke, which as legend he doesn't deserve. I like the Seinfield rule, go out on top. I will support stacey & wish him nothing but success just a bit wearily incase it doesn't work out.

Tyrael_old

Current Test halfback Johnathan Thurston and former Australian captain Gorden Tallis have endorsed Stacey Jones's shock decision to come out of retirement and play for the Warriors next season.
He's a quality player and he'll certainly bring some direction to the club," said Thurston, keyed up to play for Australia against PNG in front of his home crowd at Dairy Farmers Stadium on Sunday.

"He's right up there. He's played for his country and been a great players for the Warriors for a long period of time. I always found it tough going up against him."
Tallis, who said most players wished they could play forever, backed the comeback by his one time rival at club and Test level.

"He was a champion player," said Tallis who jokingly suggested Brisbane would have to trot out its champion No.7 Allan Langer against him next season.

"I played with Allan Langer at 37 and Stacey is the New Zealand version of Alfie. I would never write him off.

"If he plays at 80 or 90 per cent and gets the Warriors around the park, that's what they've struggled with at times, getting the ball in the right place at the right time.

99% of NRL players will be PC and just endorse other players. They are never going to bag other players in the comp, they will instantly become dick of the day/week and become bigger news than the Stacey signing, if they disagree with it, they will be VERY PC about it..

As for others bagging Ravs, the excuse of that she has been rambling the same BS for X years and her not learning from it should not give people the permission to attack her personally. An opinion is just an opinion. If her opinions are skewing facts, then attack her false facts.

If she really does just annoy you so much, why don't you ignore her comments?

Kid-Dynamite_old

I reckon it's a great signing! Ivan Cleary saw him dong a bit of work during the All Golds period and obviously thinks he is worth the risk! I mean players like Orford and Kimmorley are of the same age and are two of the best halfbacks running round! So age is not a problem! IMO fitness is. NRL has got so much faster since Stacey has played, and plus he has had a year of pro rugby league completely! A big off-season/pre-season is required!

If he can get his fitness up, I think he will be our best option at halfback and will be a regular in next years team! With Fien as cover!

Also the signing is great as it brings a mentor player for our young and up and coming halfbacks in Liam Foran and Isaac John!

Great news! The little general is back, and like I said, if he can get his body into shape, I have no doubt he still has the skills!

Can't wait to see Stacey putting away the likes of Kemp, Manu and McKinnon next year! Man am I excited! :D

GO THE WARRIORS!

Jesbass_old

99% of NRL players will be PC and just endorse other players. They are never going to bag other players in the comp, they will instantly become dick of the day/week and become bigger news than the Stacey signing, if they disagree with it, they will be VERY PC about it..

As for others bagging Ravs, the excuse of that she has been rambling the same BS for X years and her not learning from it should not give people the permission to attack her personally. An opinion is just an opinion. If her opinions are skewing facts, then attack her false facts.

If she really does just annoy you so much, why don't you ignore her comments?

That other 1% would be MG! :lol1:

On bagging other users, my personal experience is that one can cop personal abuse, often in private, to genuine attempts at constructive criticism. Sometimes people respond in public to what they've received in private. The battle for the staff, as always, is to try to pin down that ever changing line between what's beneficial to the forum and what isn't.

Jesbass_old

A thought that only dawned on me after the signing...what was Stacey doing in Auckland? Hasn't he been signed up as part of the Kiwis' mentoring team? I would have thought that would involve him being with the squad...?

daj3_old

Maybe he was, and he rejoined the team around the 28th minute of the game last night?

See what an impact he can have on a team? Even when he's not playing!

:)

blain91_old

yeah, im gonna assume what daj said lol

imagine what hes going to do with the warriors!! :)

Iafeta_old

There's an article in the paper suggesting Stacey is on $220,000 base + $4,000 per game.