this is bigger news than Obama.
I've seen you get frustrated time and time again when forum members get frustrated at poor signings. You've said so many times that you're angered that people want the best, when they should be willing to accept the scraps from the table. Now that we've signed the WGHB, (an unabashedly biased and sentimental claim), and certainly the best Warrior of all time, we're celebrating, and you're angry about it! :violin:
1. How is Jones' signing ultimately bad for the Warriors and a step backwards?
2. How is having added depth a bad thing?
3. How is providing the halves of tomorrow hands on experience alongside a legend of the game a bad thing?
4. What are the negatives about having added competition for positions, and more injury cover?
5. How is it that our support of having Jones back in the fold is being interpreted as misguided fan-boy fervour, as opposed to genuine optimism?
6. Would you prefer that we had yesterday's squad, without Jones, essentially saying the he is worse than nothing? If so, on what do you base that view?
He was the 'then' and really not the 'now' and it's a shame if there are those who can't see that
Stacey played 10 minutes of the first half for the All Golds, and they pulled him off because players were getting outside him easily. I hope pre-season training can rectify that. -- I dont know if its a fitness issue or not, but hopefully some of the other more knowledgeable members can fill in the blanks for me.
Who does he think he is? Hulk Hogan? He should be having a nap not taking interviews. Get back to the retirement village Jones, your tea is getting cold.
(Sorry Lord for I have sinned, I will not use blasphemy anymore.)
Keep your disbelief mate, it was downright disgusting. I'm usually on Bsport at work most mornings rather than Telfers golf mornings, but this morning I stuck with it waiting for the big warriors announcement which Telfer called 'jawdropping'. And rightly or wrongly it was sure that!
Anyway, at ten the announcement was made- Alan Mac came on for a while, they took a few calls, then Stacey himself came on for a five min interview.
It was after this Telfer let rip about some of the abusive texts that had come in for Stacey-some too abusive to read out, but very much along the lines of telling the guy to **** off, he's useless, was crap back then and worse now...and worse than that as well.
Telfer challenged a few to have the guts to phone in, none of which did of course.
To me, that is absolutely disgraceful in the extreme. You may agree with the Stacey move, you may not...but personally abusing someone who does not deserve it simply becuase your own holier than thou opinion is all that is pathetic. These will be the same ****wits that'll boo their own team members at a ground, and have the audacity to call themselves 'supporters':fish: