General New Halfback - Stacey Jones!

Kid-Dynamite_old

I think Fien is growing into a very accomplished half! I'm not comparing him to a Thurston or a Scotty Prince, but for the most part of his career he has played hooker, and it was this season that he got to consistently play in the halves week in week out, and I think he has grown immensly in the position! He proved on Saturday he can play at international level! That's pretty much as high as it gets!

Now with the experience of Jones, I honestly think a Fien/Jones pairing, with the linkings of the likes of Denan Kemp, Manu Vatuvei, and Wade McKinnon, could win us a grand final!

Spence_old

I think Fien is growing into a very accomplished half! I'm not comparing him to a Thurston or a Scotty Prince, but for the most part of his career he has played hooker, and it was this season that he got to consistently play in the halves week in week out, and I think he has grown immensly in the position! He proved on Saturday he can play at international level! That's pretty much as high as it gets!

Now with the experience of Jones, I honestly think a Fien/Jones pairing, with the linkings of the likes of Denan Kemp, Manu Vatuvei, and Wade McKinnon, could win us a grand final!

Agreed that Fien has been playing well at halfback, but I think he lacks the running ability to be a good 6. I think that if we went with Fien/Jones we have two good distrubuters and not much running. We need either Fien or Jones at 7, not one or the other 6.