General NEW FULLBACK

scotsman_old

JUST HEARD ON EELS CLUB SITE ,WADE HAS SIGNED FOR WARRIORS 3 YRS , COULD BE 4 IF HE WANTS.... :eek:

Northern_Union

Just looked on the parramatta website and there is no news of this there.

scotsman_old

SORRY CHECK THE DATE :oops:

Posted - 18/06/2006 : 4:06:44 PM Show Profile Reply with Quote
Just heard in the warriors gam that wade has signed a 3 year deal with the club with the option of a 4th year!!

And we couldnt even be bothered to give him 3 years aswell. PArra cant even back there own players, no wonder Jaime left us it wasnt his fault its the stupid management ETC

Oh well good luck wade 4 years well done! Carve it up mate

Iafeta_old

It'd be out if it was the case.

I'm growing a bit suspect of this all, I'm having a feeling that McKinnon isn't a signed sealed and delivered deal and may well infact not turn up to Auckland International as expected.

I hope they have a back up plan.

Iafeta_old

scotsman said:
SORRY CHECK THE DATE :oops:

Posted - 18/06/2006 : 4:06:44 PM Show Profile Reply with Quote
Just heard in the warriors gam that wade has signed a 3 year deal with the club with the option of a 4th year!!

And we couldnt even be bothered to give him 3 years aswell. PArra cant even back there own players, no wonder Jaime left us it wasnt his fault its the stupid management ETC

Oh well good luck wade 4 years well done! Carve it up mate

If it happened on 18th June, it'd definitely be in the media by now. Its 3rd of July already and the media is selevating for signing news.

warriors4life_old

Iafeta said:
It'd be out if it was the case.

I'm growing a bit suspect of this all, I'm having a feeling that McKinnon isn't a signed sealed and delivered deal and may well infact not turn up to Auckland International as expected.

I hope they have a back up plan.

Well Greenshields and Turner have both been snapped up so if they can't get McKinnon then maybe it will have to be a young, inexperienced fullback like Aidan Kirk or Patrick Ah Van.

Skinny_Ravs82

I don't think it's a lost cause yet Iafeta, there are probably things to work out. Don't know what. hope to hear something soon whether he does or not.

KeepingTheFaith_old

That's just fan talk on the eels site. We had a thread about it two weeks ago.

sebastian_old

Both parties being quite is a very good sign, it usuall means negotiations are occuring & neither parties want speculation affecting or ruining it.

sebastian_old

scotsman said:
JUST HEARD ON EELS CLUB SITE ,WADE HAS SIGNED FOR WARRIORS 3 YRS , COULD BE 4 IF HE WANTS.... :eek:

Do you have a link or address for this site, cause i'd like to check it out.

Skinny_Ravs82

sebastian said:
scotsman said:

Do you have a link or address for this site, cause i'd like to check it out.

go to the eels official site and there's some fan forum there. the thread's somewhere in that pile. I was there a wee while ago

sebastian_old

Thanks skinny, i think i've been to every eels site except the official one trying to look for the topic. My god i hope its true.

Skinny_Ravs82

Me too, mean I'm not big fan of McKinnion's but we definitely need a 1st grader at fullback. According to stuff.co.nz article writen on sunday we may hear about it soon...this week perhaps.

*taps fingers* I'm still waiting

Swanley_old

Why would he sign for us ?

I would be surprised if we get his signature....

Mo_old

I think we have an excellent chance of signing McKinnon. As I understand it the Eels made him an offer that he wasn't happy with and have told him that they do not plan to revise the offer.

The only other clubs apart from the Warriors that have "expressed interest" are the Bulldogs and Souths. Considering the Bulldogs have Luke Patten and Souths have re-signed David Peachey I think it is unlikely that he would go to either of those clubs unless he was going to be playing in a different position.

If he comes to the Warriors he has the opportunity to play week in week out first grade which I think is an important consideration. Of course being part of the Mighty Vodafone Warriors should be sufficient attraction in and of itself. :)

warriorfaithful*_old

Mo said:
If he comes to the Warriors he has the opportunity to play week in week out first grade which I think is an important consideration. Of course being part of the Mighty Vodafone Warriors should be sufficient attraction in and of itself. :)

To true mo lol