Player Nathaniel Roache

Last thing I can find is an article from early July which said he had just started running after four months out following his surgery in late February.

It said in six weeks he would visit the surgeon again to see how he was progressing and then maybe ramp up his rehab if all went well (so that would have been about a month ago).

Not sure how the players deal with such long time frames for getting back on the field, must be such a struggle mentally.

Did he just have a slipped disk or some lumbar injury? That's not severe especially for a rugby player as all thats required is rest and recovery. These injuries are more common for cricketers with the repetitive motion of bowling putting huge amounts of pressure on the spine. Spinal or disk fusion is last resort if it still persists but the success rate is quite high and nothing to worry about

Reactions: YeahNah 4020

bruce

Contributor
Hookers are not big guys and get through a lot of tackling so are high risk for injury. If you look at Damien Cook, now 27 years old and been through three clubs I think patience is a virtue.

Reactions: TripleL

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
I was trying to remember how he went last year;
From the Warriors site; "A torn Achilles ended his 2017 season while he also had a hamstring complaint, limiting him to nine appearances" - He started two of those nine.

Probably rehashing others comments here;
Two pretty serious injuries as far as mobility/pace and ability to participate in S&C with the back and ankle.
You'd think it would take quite a while for him to reach a decent level of fitness/conditioning, let alone full game fitness after a disrupted 2017 and not playing for the entire 2018 season.
A ton of pressure if we lose Luke*. God i hope Jazz isn't their stop gap.

* Fark, Luke goneee.

Last edited:
Reactions: bruce
Can’t wait to see him play again. He had some good moments last season. Strong defensively and has real flare on attack.

That line break and inside ball to Johnson vs Titans @ CBus last year Got me super keen. He got KO’d in the process too. He’s a tough kid by all accounts.

Edit - that play by Roache may have been in 2016. Honestly can’t remember.

"When I heard the rumours [he might be leaving], I went and talked to him and said, 'all us hookers still have so much to learn off you'," Roache told NRL.com.

"I was just making sure he was OK with everything. Me and him are very close off the field, not just as footy players.

Im not convinced on ROache yet. Also what did Lawton get the games last year which is was pheneomenal in and scored each time yet unwanted this year? He has blinding speed due to being an outside back originally and he likes to take the dummy half run like Luke. Meh

Im not convinced on ROache yet. Also what did Lawton get the games last year which is was pheneomenal in and scored each time yet unwanted this year? He has blinding speed due to being an outside back originally and he likes to take the dummy half run like Luke. Meh
barring any more serious injuries..i think Roache is going to be the future Kiwi hooker js

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor

Think fitness is Lawton’s problem, he’s a good impact hooker but the quality fades a bit if he’s on too long, Roache is less flashy but can maintain the intensity longer