bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
What does it mean to be the best coach at building a roster?
Easy...coach of a top club like the Storm. Like they say up North, anybody can coach Wigan.

That isn't quite true...but I can see their point.

Reactions: Raw Power

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
steal the next qld coaching squad.
cameron smith, billy slater, cooper cronk, wayne bennet.

unlike qld at the moment the warriors have a decent team, for these men they would lift

• Wow
Reactions: bruce and ramps

Burncity warrior

1st Grade Fringe
May 11, 2021
Now that it's confirmed we are staying at Redcliffe, We got a decent shot at Bennett right?
They need to get him on Board for sure in the same way Kearney got him involved with the kiwis. One year deal. Assistant, consultant, whatever his role was at the kiwis, give him the same gig at the Warriors..I mean, why not? I couldn't fathom how anyone would be against that 🤷‍♂️

• Love
Reactions: ramps

ramps

1st Grade Fringe
May 2, 2013
Rarotonga, Cook Islands
You and people like you aren’t worth ~$20m per annum

NRL grant is $13m so NZ is a profit centre
Not sure how you came to that conclusion. Its people like me (die hard league fans) that watch most games whether it be the warriors or not. You singled me out as “people like you arent worth”. Id like to know where your standing is in regards of importance to not include yourself. Dont hate me, i love your podcasts but finally have something i can make a point on.

Its not solely because the warriors are from NZ. Sure, it heavily effects it. But many were watching the NRL and supported other teams long before 1995.

I mean lets go in with a non biased mindset here, how many bandwagon fans would really care if warriors werent in the comp.

Dont get me wrong, i love the Warriors but doesnt end the game of rugby league. Whats 20 mill to the multi millionaires that own the other clubs (nick politis etc.) also dont think sky sports etc would pull out completely. May reduce their money but its not a make or break situation imo.

i see your point and somewhat agree but i feel there is that possibility if we cant get games back home. Especially with talks of team expansions etc.

Last edited:

Burncity warrior

1st Grade Fringe
May 11, 2021
your right but no other decent coach is going to come here. This might be our only chance to get a super coach. Even if its for a year..
I think it's a bloody no brainer to get him involved for a year until he starts with the expansion team, but what do I know lol

Reactions: ramps

Tim burgess

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2012
I cannot see the NRL expanding with the current crisis.

That worries me because Redcliffe might be happy for us to go broke.

Redcliffe Warriors will not be worth what the NZ Warriors are to the NRL.
The Warriors will survive. I can see with some promotion the Warriors could be selling the ground out on a couple of occasions, especially games against if they have home games against Brisbane, Gold Coast.

Reactions: bruce

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 22, 2018
Not sure how you came to that conclusion. Its people like me (die hard league fans) that watch most games whether it be the warriors or not. Its not solely because the warriors are from NZ. Sure, it heavily effects it. But many were watching the NRL and supported other teams long before 1995.

I mean lets go in with a non biased mindset, how many bandwagon fans would really care if warriors werent in the comp.

Dont get me wrong, i love the Warriors but doesnt end the game of rugby league. Whats 20 mill to the multi millionaires that own the other clubs (nick politis etc.)

i see your point and somewhat agree but i feel there is that possibility if we cant get games back home. Especially with talks of team expansions etc.
I am assuming that in the medium to long-term Sky NZ would pay two pinches of nothing for a comp that does not include a NZ side
I cannot see the NRL expanding with the current crisis.

That worries me because Redcliffe might be happy for us to go broke.

Redcliffe Warriors will not be worth what the NZ Warriors are to the NRL.
I am fairly confident Redcliffe will be appointed as the expansion team in not too long

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
The Warriors will survive. I can see with some promotion the Warriors could be selling the ground out on a couple of occasions, especially games against if they have home games against Brisbane, Gold Coast.
They will sell out, and the Dolphins will get used to the takings. That is my worry.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings