Tim burgess

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2012
Interested to see how the partnership works. I defiantly think Brown will get the team on the right track. Hopefully, Brown and Gould will be involved in recruitment and retention of players for next year.

If they get the recruitment right the Warriors could have a reasonable squad for next season

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Brown about to be interviewed on Fox Sport/Sky Sport 4

pompower

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Few things have stuck out to me from his early interviews.

First that he seems to be saying the same as Payten re: the need for a rebuild -- in that we don't need one. He's talked about the good things that have been put in place and that a few tweaks will see us improve quickly. That's good news to me. Still question marks over whether he's the coach to ensure that improvement happens, but I'm glad he sees it that way.

Secondly is that he's mentioned us entering the SG Ball competition as a great step on more than one occasion. At first I thought he was misinformed but now he actually has the job, you'd have to think that the plan for us going forward must be to have junior teams in the top Australian competitions in some form. Definitely odd given what we've been hearing though.

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 22, 2018

First that he seems to be saying the same as Payten re: the need for a rebuild -- in that we don't need one. He's talked about the good things that have been put in place and that a few tweaks will see us improve quickly. That's good news to me. Still question marks over whether he's the coach to ensure that improvement happens, but I'm glad he sees it that way.

Secondly is that he's mentioned us entering the SG Ball competition as a great step on more than one occasion. At first I thought he was misinformed but now he actually has the job, you'd have to think that the plan for us going forward must be to have junior teams in the top Australian competitions in some form. Definitely odd given what we've been hearing though.
I’m assuming it’s one of the concerns he says he expressed to Robbo that robbo agreed to sort out, and he’s making that clear publicly

which is awesome

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
Nathan Brown is an experienced Coach with good contacts and seems to have a good name in the game. My concern, the same one I have had for years is the Coach being undercut by the Commercial side of the Club.

There is an ongoing trend for CG to interfere and there seems to be no clearly defined boundaries. This is where Gould 's experience will help Brown. It seriously impacts on the club and is long overdue.

The hiring of Brown is actually a case in point. After SK got the sack they announced a selection panel for a new Coach, none of who have any Coaching experience. Both Brown and CG say a deal was done after he and Brown spoke on the phone. Fair enough, but where was the panel involved in all this, as unqualified as they were.

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 27, 2016
Kumeu
So you have a panel of "experts" to hire the right guy and then someone rings you out of the blue and you give them the job? Not buying some of this story.

My theory is that the warriors told Brown early he wasn't in the running coz Peyton was #1 pick, but they let him say he wasn't puttng himself forward so it looked better for him, then when they got turned down by Peyton they gave him the panic call.

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2012
Wellington

I know a couple of great posters on here have said SG Team is dead - But if the incoming coach is saying it's all go, I'll believe him over the posters on this forum. I hope that's true.

flying coconut

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 21, 2012
Realistically what were the options
Griffin and Green would not of related to the players at all.

I think Browns a good fit.

Champion bloke, well connected and knows the game.

I think the players will buy into him.

He is good mates with POS and I think they will be able to attract some solid Aussie players.

Horriors2013

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2013
I know a couple of great posters on here have said SG Team is dead - But if the incoming coach is saying it's all go, I'll believe him over the posters on this forum. I hope that's true.
Brown didn't say it was happening. He was reacting to SG Ball being cancelled, inferring he'd have kept it. He was trying to be careful with his words because it's done.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Meh, after listening to Brown I still feel Payten would have been better. Payten seems more passionate with a point to prove. More authoritative in his voice. Looks like a bit of a mean bastard who you don’t want to piss off. My kind of guy.

Brown sounds like a regular joe bloggs at the pub.He’s tasted success but is he as hungry as Payten ? I guess only time will tell..

Wish him all the best though...

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2012
Wellington
Brown didn't say it was happening. He was reacting to SG Ball being cancelled, inferring he'd have kept it. He was trying to be careful with his words because it's done.

No he doesn't - Watch the interview from last night. Goes in length about the SG Ball opportunity and wanting to build on it. Remember, the club hasn't announced they are getting out of the comp.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings