Interesting listening to Brown, noticed how he said to Cameron George and Robinson “you’s decide what you want me to do for the rest of the year”. With all his praise for them would he stay on in another role that he could do from afar? He’s contracted for next year as well so it would be a good way to utilise him as a coaching consultant for the next coach. Definitely seems like no animosity.

It was tho.

Our failed compressed edge defence leaving a short defensive line has been getting exsposed since last season is so obviously a coached structure or policy.

Now Brown had attack and defence coaches who absolutely should fall on the sword as far as im concerned, but as head coach and seeing these things happen week after week after week without taking control and addressing them....in the end the buck stops with him.
I agree on the compressed edges also the getting out of trouble. Tactics. We see Panthers wings 3 quarters interchange between one off and scooping drom Dummy half. One off usually occurs away from the try line.

Our centres are out of their depth and also there is no comms between the experienced inside players and them. They often held too long or rushed exposing the edge.

Everyone plays one in from the wing compressed Defence. We are just the worst at executing it.

Compared to a Koula who is same age as Vailea with less games and looks more polished as a defender.

Yeah the assistants shouldnt evem have to be asked. They should know they performed poorly and go too.

Well we’ve never hired a successful, proven nrl coach before so I’d like to try that just once so flanno for me.
Green has had success too but had a tough last couple years, flanno was still in charge of a top 4 side when he lost his job- and that was after taking over a bottom four side.
He built that club- literally- even tiled the joint in the off season.
Plus he’s a plumber by trade so good at cleaning up shit.
Apparently we made a big play for him a few years ago and he was close to coming so if he was considering it then when he already had a job, u would have to think there’s an even better chance now he’s unemployed?
He would be the most expensive option though…
Outside of him woolf could could be a good fit and Ryles is an interesting one.

Can we now please stop talking about Brown please. He's gone. Move on.

Whether or not it was the decision with his kids that's it. He's gone.

I hate to see you guys continue to bag him. Any which way.

Stop the hate.
Isn’t most of the chat about who we replace him with? This decision is critical to our future. I’m hopeful of Flanagan even though it’s probably highly unlikely.

Can you imagine me and Mount Wellington as shareholders.

He would sign the whole MMT squad and I would not want any Poms near the place
And that doesn‘t include pulling down the odd hotel and car park to move the Warriors to a freshly rebuilt Carlaw Park.

Back to the coach, could John Ackland be talked into leaving Papakura to be HC for the rest of the year?

• Love
Reactions: bruce
This club continues to deliver us shit sandwiches. Honestly, what the actual fuck?

The Brown interview stinks of taking the easy option to explain him leaving. How many times has someone resigned from a job or broken up with a lover because of ‘personal reasons’… FFS. So you haven’t got the stones or the hunger or the heart to turn this around. You just haven’t got it Nathan. You never have? You just want to be everyone’s mate. Coaching is about developing culture, work ethic, improving skills and getting the most out of every player, every week. You have to be a mad man that lives and breathes this shit. Our boys need someone who inspires them and scares the crap out of them. Someone a la Bellamy would turn this club into a beast. Flanno to me is the closest one to it. Throw in Madge as a defence assistant (he is the bloody kiwis coach and the boys know him) and we have something to build on. (I know I know - Madge is polarizing, but how would those two go together?)

How long has Brown been disinterested? Certainly hasn’t been ‘the last two weeks’… if it has been from the start of the season, no wonder we’ve fallen off a cliff. No wonder he can’t get these guys up for games - if he himself has been phoning it in, no wonder the players have been too. It smells like everyone just can’t be arsed. And here we are a fortnight from coming home. So much for the ticker tape parade after the long OE.

Our club need a hard taskmaster with excellent man management skills. We need someone who can stand up to Mohawk and have the mana to tell him to fuck off and focus on paying the bills only. To tell Cameron George to stay out of the football department. And to tell Morgan to pack his bags as his defensive structures are shit.

I just want to see some mongrel, some desire and for these blokes to stop playing like under 10’s with their STUPID mistakes. Play warrior ball FFS.

Right now Flanno would be a great option.

Nathan, thanks for coming in when no one else would and being there through COVID in challenging circumstances. But good call on ending your head coaching career. You just didn’t have it mate.

Onwards.

This club continues to deliver us shit sandwiches. Honestly, what the actual fuck?

The Brown interview stinks of taking the easy option to explain him leaving. How many times has someone resigned from a job or broken up with a lover because of ‘personal reasons’… FFS. So you haven’t got the stones or the hunger or the heart to turn this around. You just haven’t got it Nathan. You never have? You just want to be everyone’s mate. Coaching is about developing culture, work ethic, improving skills and getting the most out of every player, every week. You have to be a mad man that lives and breathes this shit. Our boys need someone who inspires them and scares the crap out of them. Someone a la Bellamy would turn this club into a beast. Flanno to me is the closest one to it. Throw in Madge as a defence assistant (he is the bloody kiwis coach and the boys know him) and we have something to build on. (I know I know - Madge is polarizing, but how would those two go together?)

How long has Brown been disinterested? Certainly hasn’t been ‘the last two weeks’… if it has been from the start of the season, no wonder we’ve fallen off a cliff. No wonder he can’t get these guys up for games - if he himself has been phoning it in, no wonder the players have been too. It smells like everyone just can’t be arsed. And here we are a fortnight from coming home. So much for the ticker tape parade after the long OE.

Our club need a hard taskmaster with excellent man management skills. We need someone who can stand up to Mohawk and have the mana to tell him to fuck off and focus on paying the bills only. To tell Cameron George to stay out of the football department. And to tell Morgan to pack his bags as his defensive structures are shit.

I just want to see some mongrel, some desire and for these blokes to stop playing like under 10’s with their STUPID mistakes. Play warrior ball FFS.

Nathan, thanks for coming in when no one else would and being there through COVID in challenging circumstances. But good call on ending your head coaching career. You just didn’t have it mate.

Onwards.
To be honest not many warriors would know madge. How many warriors are in the kiwis?

Onwards.

Onwards.
Well said Teeps... feel much the same...

I would add that the 360 crew interview came off more as a back slapping affair on a career well done, that let Brownie off lightly... the stuffing up of several clubs and that he is leaving the Warriors club in better shape? FFS

and the only compliment you did concede to Brownie... well there were others putting their hands up!