General NAFE SELUINI - to leave the Warriors

playdaball_old

Rumour:

I just heard Allen Mac on Radio Sport say that Nafe Seluini has signed a 2 year contract with Penrith.

The old saying that the Warriors can't keep 'em all was mentioned but he should have been a priority.

Perhaps he'll do a Steve Rapira and return to the club after some 1st grade experience?

Last edited by a moderator:

insulinboi_old

Id love to see a rotating hooker combo of Nafe and Mara with the Fish at the back. I hope this is only a rumor.

Magic Stick_old

Absolute madness to let Nafe go....and keep a rubbish journeyman in Heremaia

Spence_old

That will be a terrible, terrible shame if Nafe goes. He has some development left, but I think he has a huge future ahead of him - I hope it's with us. How spot on is Mac usually?

blain91_old

Yeah I have heard this in a few spots, Mac is pretty much always right. Cant keep them all??? WTF!!! How many are going this year and who have we got?? We have plenty of cash. Dumd decision warriors.

Jesbass_old

Yeah I have heard this in a few spots, Mac is pretty much always right. Cant keep them all??? WTF!!! How many are going this year and who have we got?? We have plenty of cash. Dumd decision warriors.

He isn't always right. He, along with everyone else (including Adam Blair) thought Adam Blair was going to join us, until Greg Inglis did a U-turn and ruined everything, haha.

And yeah, we can't keep them all. What's to say that the Panthers didn't offer him more than we thought he was worth, or more than we could afford? Obviously we have a good war chest for the top side, but I'm not sure how that translates to the NYC side. As I understand it, that's a different salary cap, except for players like Bill Tupou who are on full time contracts but still eligible for the NYC side.

I have no idea where Seluini fits into the scheme of things in this regard.

Ryan_old

He isn't always right. He, along with everyone else (including Adam Blair) thought Adam Blair was going to join us, until Greg Inglis did a U-turn and ruined everything, haha.

And yeah, we can't keep them all. What's to say that the Panthers didn't offer him more than we thought he was worth, or more than we could afford? Obviously we have a good war chest for the top side, but I'm not sure how that translates to the NYC side. As I understand it, that's a different salary cap, except for players like Bill Tupou who are on full time contracts but still eligible for the NYC side.

I have no idea where Seluini fits into the scheme of things in this regard.
I'm in your boat.

I'd rather Nafe stayed, as opposed to him leaving, but I can not accuse the Warriors for bad management without the data to support that view. There are many dynamics to the recruitment/retention system, and it's natural that players will come and go.

Warrioraholic_old

To be fair, we dont own any player and we cant just buy any player. I know it sux but we cant just blame management. It sometimes is a case of Penrith might have been his favorite club as a kid or he has family there etc, sometimes players make the calls and management cant do a thing about it.

On the other hand, if management told him he wasnt in the big picture then you stupid dumb ****ing idiots, hes a game breaker!!!

Iafeta_old

Go and get f'd, Warriors. Seriously, if this is the case then I would say Dean Bell is turning into a friggen laughing stock. We lose two of our best, if indifferent, outside back juniors, our best prop junior, and frankly, our best junior full stop?

Next thing we'll hear is Glen Fisiiahi, Sebastine Ikahihifo and Shaun Johnson are on their way elsewhere too.

Seluini should be the first of the Juniors to be tied to a long term deal. Absolutely disgraceful if true, and IMO, if it is true, for all our crowing that this season has been successful because of what the U20s have done, to lose the most likely superstar out of that lot says to me that the front office, which has criminally been our undoing since day dot with Ian Robson is still a load of bollocks.

Magic Stick_old

Go and get f'd, Warriors. Seriously, if this is the case then I would say Dean Bell is turning into a friggen laughing stock. We lose two of our best, if indifferent, outside back juniors, our best prop junior, and frankly, our best junior full stop?

Next thing we'll hear is Glen Fisiiahi, Sebastine Ikahihifo and Shaun Johnson are on their way elsewhere too.

Seluini should be the first of the Juniors to be tied to a long term deal. Absolutely disgraceful if true, and IMO, if it is true, for all our crowing that this season has been successful because of what the U20s have done, to lose the most likely superstar out of that lot says to me that the front office, which has criminally been our undoing since day dot with Ian Robson is still a load of bollocks.

Couldnt agree more....gamebreakers like Nafe dont come around often. Dean Bell has balls up big time here

Iafeta_old

I personally thought once we settled on just three newcomers (Inu, Mateo, Rapira) at the expense of Price and Tate in particular, and given there was still talk about Blair before that was ruled out, I would have thought that the club would do absolutely everything to wrap up its top 5-6 juniors...

There's no way in my mind that any of Johnson, Ioane, Ikahihifo, Fisiiahi or Seluini should have been raided. It galls me a bit that we helped Ioane on his way. It's nice and all, but being nice doesn't win you premierships. I would have rated Seluini is priority number 1.