General More roosters rumours??

Sirpartyman_old

To be honest Fish should be playing NRL, but he's behind Locke here so he may have to look elsewhere to get a start. I feel sorry for him I mean its great for the warriors to have all this depth but it sucks for him if he's stuck in the Vulcans for another 2 years

Couldn't agree more.. It's a tough one,being selfish I want the fish as lockes back up because he's the man! But at the same time the fish should be staring in the nrl now..
Invent a new Claus,the roorters can have him on loan but he can't play against us & if Locke goes down then we have the fish on speed dial.
On the flip side I can see Locke moving to the halves in the nek couple of years.. So are we crazy to let him go? Another question is Omar? Similar boat? Must be veddy tough trying to keep
All our stars that our conveiabelt that is the jnrs keep producing

bigstuboy_old

fish was signed up by the warriors before he even started playing fullback for toyota cup he started off on the wing then went to fullback the warriors had signed him up before his breakout year in the jnrs. he had offers to join the dogs but the club didn't want to release him

Fazz_old

Eh...hurts our fullback depth but that's about it. He's horrible at any other position and failing a Locke injury, he's not going to be playing NRL so this isn't catastrophic or anything. If he can get a gig with some other team good on him (Watch Fish score a hat trick any time we play him though)

HD_old

Eh...hurts our fullback depth but that's about it. He's horrible at any other position and failing a Locke injury, he's not going to be playing NRL so this isn't catastrophic or anything. If he can get a gig with some other team good on him (Watch Fish score a hat trick any time we play him though)

You can't let go of people with cool names, ever. To give The Fish free-reign to sign elsewhere would be tragic.

Players with nicknames that good don't come along everyday. We need to UnLocke The Fish

Spence_old

Locke seems to pick up a niggling injury every other game - it's only a matter of time until he's actually injured. If we let Fisiiahi go, where are we? Omar at the back? Meh. Then we've gone from the best spine in the comp to an average spine. Keep Fisiiahi, if his head is in the right place he'll break into the team sooner or later.

Beeteejay_old

You can't let go of people with cool names, ever. To give The Fish free-reign to sign elsewhere would be tragic.

Players with nicknames that good don't come along everyday. We need to UnLocke The Fish

Tag and release.

Spence_old

By horrible at any other position do you mean he was poor in one game on the wing?

N.B. assuming you are not judging him on his concussed performance in round 1.

wallacenz_old

i hope this is true, id love to see fish carving up in the nrl.

hes going to make more money playing fullback than wing so it would be in his best interest to move on imo

Fazz_old

By horrible at any other position do you mean he was poor in one game on the wing?

N.B. assuming you are not judging him on his concussed performance in round 1.

He wasn't exactly doing well from the get go tbh. If you want to bring injury into this then by all means, lets do so...50% chance of him getting injured based off his first few games. Not exactly ideal if we're choosing him over Locke (since that's what it comes down to essentially)

Long story short, I rate him but not over Locke and it would take a lot to change that. One flashy game against the Sharks is not enough to justify keeping him over a current international.

Spence_old

He wasn't exactly doing well from the get go tbh. If you want to bring injury into this then by all means, lets do so...50% chance of him getting injured based off his first few games. Not exactly ideal if we're choosing him over Locke (since that's what it comes down to essentially)

Long story short, I rate him but not over Locke and it would take a lot to change that. One flashy game against the Sharks is not enough to justify keeping him over a current international.

I agree, being concussed in the first tackle is less than ideal for a debut. I very much disagree that it is a case of Locke v Fisiiahi, there's room in the 25 for both of them (in my books anyway). I can understand you not rating him on the wing - but one (or two if you would like to include his debut) game(s) is hardly a large enough sample to determine anything, in my opinion.

Agreed on the injury point though, that's my main concern with him. However Locke is much the same, even more reason to have both of them on the books.

Last edited by a moderator:

wallacenz_old

current international means stuff all imo, if hoffman wasnt injured locke probably wouldnt have got a run.

lockes playing great atm so i wouldnt complain about him staying but fish might be kiwi fullback in a year if he got some game time. if he does tear us apart playing for the roosters i would be disappointed especially if the warriors dont give him a run to see who is better.

miket12_old

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Unleash the Fish, Locke has no drive

surfin_old

i hope this is true, id love to see fish carving up in the nrl.

hes going to make more money playing fullback than wing so it would be in his best interest to move on imo

I don't get that kind of thinking, the Warriors finally start getting decent depth and you think it would be a good idea to release one of their best players because he isn't in the starting line up for the first game of the year. I wish I had as much faith as you that there will be no injuries or form loss that may require cover over the next 7 months.

wallacenz_old

I don't get that kind of thinking, the Warriors finally start getting decent depth and you think it would be a good idea to release one of their best players because he isn't in the starting line up for the first game of the year. I wish I had as much faith as you that there will be no injuries or form loss that may require cover over the next 7 months.
where did i say he should be released immediately because hes not getting the first game?

he has 2 or 3 years left on his contract after this year.

Fazz_old

where did i say he should be released immediately because hes not getting the first game?

he has 2 or 3 years left on his contract after this year.

4 isn't it?

Also, Spence, it's not that I don't rate him at all, I do. It's just that i would rather we hold onto Locke since he's not sitting on the sidelines after half of his games. (I'm not even talking about NRL either, pretty sure he's had to go off in more than a few lower grade games due to injury)

Where would you put them too if there's room in our squad? I doubt either will want to rot in the Vulcans and don't mention Locke to 5/8th either. It's too soon and he may not be any good there. I don't think Locke should have to move for Fish unless he's willing to try it over the offseason.

The obvious solution is wing you'd think...I still don't know why Bluey wouldn't try and have Fish train on the wing. He's more naturally gifted than Tupou, he just needs to learn the nuances of taking bombs and defending on the wing.

Spence_old

I'd have him in the Vulcan's as back cover. I see the Warriors at a 25 man team, not a 17 man team. He's still doing his part.