General More roosters rumours??

Shaneo_old

Hmmm I read on the chookpen forum that Fish was spotted at roosters HQ the other day with rumours that we had released him from his contract from next year. Really really hope this isn't true.

Shaneo_old

Sorry mate I may have been paraphrasing. It says it comes via a comment on the fox sports website and says he was spotted at roosters hq meeting with nick politis. I had heard rumours they were chasing Locke still but maybe someone had assumed the wrong warriors fullback. Tbh I had heard the rumour from someone else and I was checking their forums for any info. Wasn't expecting to see anything

Buck777_old

Roosters are losing the plot. I have a mate who's a die hard roosters fan and he's admitted he's embarrassed what's going on. SBW, quade cooper, now possibly raids on our juniors. They are a club that gave list all their junior feeds ( those junior clubs are now feeding souths I understand) and just hope they can pull out the cheque book and buy greatness. It doesn't quite work like that. I've seen a few roosters fans posts of late saying they've had a gutsful.

HD_old

OR could the Roosters government be steeped in genius? With all this potential signing hoopla, is it possible that they're trying to worry and kick into gear their current Roster?

They can't possibly afford all these players they're linked with, I wonder if it's some sort of psychological master stroke? Or whether I should give up the drink!

Est95_old

To be honest Fish should be playing NRL, but he's behind Locke here so he may have to look elsewhere to get a start. I feel sorry for him I mean its great for the warriors to have all this depth but it sucks for him if he's stuck in the Vulcans for another 2 years

HD_old

It's a bloody good predicament to have, isn't it? I would hate to lose The Fish, though. If you ask me, when he has the ball in his hands, he's one of the most damaging runners there could be.

I believe he can find a place in the Warriors set-up, if he can get over the expectation and cut out the nervous errors.

Shaneo_old

I think the only thing holding fish back from being a top class winger is tine in the position. I'd have loved to have both him and locke in the line up. Maybe he just doesn't want to play there. Gutted if it's true.

facefacts_old

To be honest Fish should be playing NRL, but he's behind Locke here so he may have to look elsewhere to get a start. I feel sorry for him I mean its great for the warriors to have all this depth but it sucks for him if he's stuck in the Vulcans for another 2 years

I guess most people dont think he has the ability to make a positional change, or maybe he isnt enough of a
team man to make that change...the general feeling i get from peoples comments is: he's a fullback or nothing.

He certainly has the ability, and importantly the size to play in the line, hopefully he can get over being
the number two fullback, and have a real go at another position...4 more years is a long time to play
NSW cup if he cant take one for the team.

There isnt enough pure speed at our or any club to waste it in reserves.

Jesbass_old

OR could the Roosters government be steeped in genius? With all this potential signing hoopla, is it possible that they're trying to worry and kick into gear their current Roster?

They can't possibly afford all these players they're linked with, I wonder if it's some sort of psychological master stroke? Or whether I should give up the drink!

Lol...with any other club, I'd agree wholeheartedly, but this is the Roosters...they have a bigger salary cap!

In the meantime, don't give up the drink: :br:

1MTDaz_old

Yeah but contracts mean nothing these days. If a player wants out, he'll get his way sooner or later.

Its a pretty selfish:lol club who will hold a player like the Fish back for the duration of his contract when he has the option/opportunity of playing regular first grade and making a heap more coin at another club athis age imo

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Gee_old

Yeah but contracts mean nothing these days. If a player wants out, he'll get his way sooner or later.

Didn't work for Maloney, but did for Ivan. I guess it depends on what plans the club has in place for fish and other players that he could cover as to weather they would release him or not.

Warrior Nation_old

Lol...with any other club, I'd agree wholeheartedly, but this is the Roosters...they have a bigger salary cap!

In the meantime, don't give up the drink: :br:
they have 3 books!! 1 at head office for the audits & secretly 1 in each male/female toilets :m:

donli_old

uggghhh! that would suck losing fish to roosters or any other team for that matter.

krs_64_old

Didn't work for Maloney, but did for Ivan. I guess it depends on what plans the club has in place for fish and other players that he could cover as to weather they would release him or not.

I didn't see anything with Maloney othan then tabloids stirring the pot. If he had done so, and kept Persevering, I have no doubt they'd let him go. It's not good for the team nor the club having a player that isn't happy to be there, and isn't giving it his all. Generally the clubs puts the players best interest as top priority.

Last edited by a moderator: