Post Match Warriors v Sharks - [Round 1, 2024]

Rate the game?

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F-

Results are only viewable after voting.
First 15-20 was amazing, just what we were waiting for.

The rest of the game, absolutely forgettable, and seemed like a bad effort from everyone involved.

Wah 😫

Calming down, reminding myself it’s only Round 1.

Main positive is that they didn’t stop trying as in, good hearty defence throughout the game. Some poor individual mistakes halted momentum.

We looked like world beaters in the first 30 minutes, composed and slick in attack.

We lost composure and our links in the second half without CNK, Egan caused us to lose the game.

Good signs though, not all doom and gloom

Nah fair play...Sharks played well but we didn't make it difficult for them at times.

Plenty of errors, and just couldn't figure it out. Which is super weird after our first 20 minutes were almost a 10/10 for me.

So, plenty of positives but man, let's get our shit together.

Refs - well, probably not great but really, we had more than enough opportunities to take control and let ourselves down. Any one blaming the ref for that is pretty soft tho

A lot to like defensively, that alone will keep us in most games.

Attack? well, don't think I saw any at all.

Very concerning that a simple Jam totally shuts us down - Sharks just gave the whole comp the blueprint and newsflash, it's the same blueprint as last year.

If that's our worst game then we are easy top 4 again but to think we have to win in Melbourne or start the season 0 - 2 is a worry.

Real lack of composure from SJ, a poor showing from him.

Ford was terrible tonight.

Can't play with one half. Metcalf surprised me with a great individual try but you can't ignore the rest of his play. Absolute passenger in the second half with the game on the line. If you want the odd highlight then he is ok.

Disappointed result but not unexpected.

Worst bit will be if Egan's injury is serious.

A bit of a reality check.

The Sharks soaked up the pressure in the first half, sorted out their completion rate and grinded out a win.

I like watching the Sharks more now compared to the Gallen era. A lot more dangerous with the ball. The moved the ball well when they got us under pressure and short on numbers. A shame we couldn't return the favour.

Back