NRL Teams Melbourne Storm

snake77

snake77

But Cameron Smith is a top bloke. Needs to be mentioned as every time he cheats or does something slightly controversial that's thrown out there as justification. As there is no Aussies he throwing it out there I thought I'd help out.

The Sharks cheating although over a longer period than originally reported is quite different to the Storm cheating. The Sharks self reported, its smaller overall. The Sharks had another company for TPA's the Storm had another set of books and there were reports of boats and cars being delivered to the big stars.

Sure the Sharks penalty is pretty light and I still can't get my head around they cheated all year but Grand Final day they were sweet. But it wasn't on the level of the Storm.

Reactions: mt.wellington
warriors55

warriors55

Interesting info about Croft if true.

Croft a loose cannon

Why are the Storm prepared to let Brodie Croft walk despite his obvious talent as a playmaker?
Storm coach Craig Bellamy runs a tighter ship than any man in the NRL and isn’t happy with the youngster’s attitude. Croft is ‘loose’ off the field but really upset Bellamy one week when he wasn’t selected in the Storm’s NRL team and was set to play for feeder club Sunshine Coast.
For some reason, Croft never made the trip, remaining in Melbourne - and has been ‘off’ ever since.
Expect him to sign with the Broncos soon.

Reactions: mt.wellington
snake77

snake77

I saw a post on FaceBook from the NRL Physio page.

In Cameron Smith’s 430 game career he missed only 15 due to injury, suspension or being rested. Went over 6 years without injury til late 2020. Available for 97% of games over 18 years. Achievements & performance obviously supreme, but one of the best abilities is availability

Those are some pretty unreal stats. 15 games missed and some of them due to injury.

Forget the jokes about salary cap cheating or extra money for now. But you have to admit the Storm got their moneys worth with how often he was on the field. Imagine the other 15 clubs with their key player being injury prone.

This also means we didn't see stats on how bad they were without him like Newcastle without Johns or the Cowboys without Thurston.

snake77

snake77

A few weeks ago NAS elbows Egan smashing his teeth. That doesn't get talked about until about Wednesday on NRL360. It happens to a Roosters player and its the first thing they talk about on Monday.

Rothfield. I wrote an article about it but doesn't want to go hard on NAS he wants to go after the judiciary. Yes they haven't suspended him. But he still has to commit the offence first.

I wonder if these incidents would get off via Gould's good bloke defence.

Worried2Death

Worried2Death

The NAS Egan incident was mentioned again in a Newscorp article today asking why the judiciary is weak and specifically bringing up nas recent history.
NAS will get suspended soon…., so he misses out playing for the Kiwis in the World Cup.
The Kiwis will never win in the elaborate aussie conspiracy against us that is the nrl

mrblonde

mrblonde

The NAS Egan incident was mentioned again in a Newscorp article today asking why the judiciary is weak and specifically bringing up nas recent history.
NAS will get suspended soon…., so he misses out playing for the Kiwis in the World Cup.
My heart bleeds.

Seriously, the NRL has no power over the Kiwis, so I don't see how any suspension affects the Kiwis chances. Admittedly, it lowers the number of games NAS has to prove his worth to Maguire and co (although how being penalised and maybe sinbinned is a positive worth beats me), but Maguire could still pick him.

As Paul Kent pointed out, the money fines are basically like cash that's hiding down the back of the couch. The NRL needs to give up on the monetary fines, which were bought in on what I have always regarded as the totally bogus argument that "The fans don't like seeing players sent off or being banned from games!" What, so Player A who commits an offence gets to play next week "Because the fans want to see their players!", but Player B, the victim of Player A's actions, gets injured to a lesser or greater degree, gets the NRL version of Thoughts And Prayers while he's out for however long. Obviously, the level of injury shouldn't affect the punishment handed out, otherwise there'll be Hollywoods, screaming proclaimations of "Ma, I'm Dying, Ma!" for taps on the shoulder.

Either that, or make the monetary fines a % of the player's monthly salary. And the player's club have to pay a hefty fine as well (whether the player did what the club privately wanted him to do or the player brainfarted, who knows, but that should incentivize everybody to tell the players to cut the crap out of the game).

Reactions: Akkerz