General May lose Tate now

Northern_Union

I heard somewhere that they going to heavily back load Gasniers contract.

Iafeta_old

No you're both right, i wouldn't turn down three times my current wage but as i had said i have and i would turn down larger offers and better conditions to remain loyal to my current employer.
By the way Iafeta, i hope stress levels have decreased for you with your job. I ment to say that in another thread but never got around to it.

They're good N. I've just had to change my priorities and not put so much of 'myself' on the line to get the business moving forward if others around me don't want to put in also. It's kind of an interesting time for me, due to everything that happened I am transitioning into another role and the people they have recruited to be trained up are walking failures waiting to happen.

Yea, I remember that comment. But I also remember at least a decade prior when league was taking union players, Kirwan, Ellis, Botica etc.

Gallager, Innes, Schuster, Timu... some good talent there. How bad though was the move to go after Mark Carter?! If you think that's bad though, how about South Queensland going after Garrick Morgan?!

Broncos have said they're not talking to Tate about coming back.

Good news, although it was interesting to read that Tate's agent had basically been whoring Tate around to anyone who would listen, rather than say that clubs themselves had driven the interest.

Im predicting that Brent Tate will stay at the Warriors. Its likely. The Broncoes wont pay over 400k for an unjury prone centre in his late 20s, unless he has the same profile as Greg Inglis or Falou, even Gasnier. Thats who the Warriors should be thowing their money at if they want to sign a centre - Mark Gasnier. Brent Tate to stay at the Warriors, hes already settled here, and they are offering him big money, i cant see any other nrl club offering him over 400k, unless he goes to rugby union which is unlikely, i see him staying at the Warriors if hes to keep playing in the nrl.

Dean Whare was great last week at centre, he was another who i suggested last year on the forum that the Warriors should sign, he ended up going from the Dragons to Manly, smart move anyway.

Whare looked good. I wasn't entirely sure of him watching NYC. He was a Dragon, wasn't he? I'm fairly sure he was, and there was a bloke there called Linnane who is a winger/centre, a big bloke who I reckon has a great future. If I was looking at 'Kiwi' outside back talents, I'd be very interested in looking at Duffie.

Coincidentally, I'm led to believe that the Cowboys are also after Tate.

sebastian_old

Good news, although it was interesting to read that Tate's agent had basically been whoring Tate around to anyone who would listen, rather than say that clubs themselves had driven the interest.

Coincidentally, I'm led to believe that the Cowboys are also after Tate.

From the sum of these news releases, I get the feeling either Tate really wants out of the Warriors/move back to Australia or his manager is trying to get us to up our offer.

Lego_Man_old

Well my feeling is that Tate wants to leave, and is struggling to find a club who will match his currently paid coin (not surprising).

If no club made a higher offer, and he really wanted to stay with us, he would have re-signed already.

sebastian_old

Well my feeling is that Tate wants to leave, and is struggling to find a club who will match his currently paid coin (not surprising).

If no club made a higher offer, and he really wanted to stay with us, he would have re-signed already.

He may just want more coin from us before he re-signs. If no other NRL club is prepared to pay him what he wants he may be forced to re-sign with us or go to the ESL. Who knows maybe his manager is already hiting up ESL clubs.