Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Or maybe in a year when Labours polling halved, the hard left media went down with them… people decided they weren’t going to be sheep anymore 😉

You will note Newstalk ZB has performed strongly with revenue only down by 1% while TVNZ crashes and burns… And that’s because you include digitally streamed in the internet age 😉

However: ‘while ZB thrives, the (hard left) RNZ total audience slide has been notable over the past three years. In 2020, it topped all the commercial stations with 703,000 weekly listeners in 2023 it had 532,400 in 5th place in the market.’ That’s like the Panthers going to wooden spooners over 3 years!

Keep that tinfoil hat over your eyes so you 🐑 can denying a swing away from the left 🤣
This is the dumbest thing you posted in a while Wiz

Terrestrial TV is dead as is radio. Not sure Radio has any revenue to lose mate.

Remember all the theories about John Key’s government getting cozy with the CCP because Crusher’s husband is a Chinese Samoan….. and now China is “disappointed” that Collins and Winnie are talking about closer defense ties with Australia. Now, we should be worried because of family links to tobacco companies.

Just shows why I could never enter politics….people would think I was a plant for American Big Business because my wife has worked for the NZ division of a Dallas based fortune 100 company for over 30 years….. even though she‘s been working for them for longer than we’ve been married.
Sigh.

Crusher Collins used her position to further business interests. The Chinese are rightfully pissed because western politicians love taking Chinese money in private and talking shit in public.

Sigh.

Crusher Collins used her position to further business interests. The Chinese are rightfully pissed because western politicians love taking Chinese money in private and talking shit in public.
Sigh…. firstly it got proven she had not used her position to further her business interests which was why her portfolios were reinstated. And, why would she now “risk” her business interests by pissing off the Chinese? Absolutely no logic at all to what you’re saying. But, of course, you’re entitled too your opinion.

I don’t recall you posting against Nanaia Mahuta and the goverment contracts given to her husband.…I guess your opinion is based on political leanings and which parties are involved and not on facts.

Sigh…. firstly it got proven she had not used her position to further her business interests which was why her portfolios were reinstated. And, why would she now “risk” her business interests by pissing off the Chinese? Absolutely no logic at all to what you’re saying. But, of course, you’re entitled too your opinion.

I don’t recall you posting against Nanaia Mahuta and the goverment contracts given to her husband.…I guess your opinion is based on political leanings and which parties are involved and not on facts.

Resigned after a series of controversies according to this.

Or maybe in a year when Labours polling halved, the hard left media went down with them… people decided they weren’t going to be sheep anymore 😉

You will note Newstalk ZB has performed strongly with revenue only down by 1% while TVNZ crashes and burns… And that’s because you include digitally streamed in the internet age 😉

However: ‘while ZB thrives, the (hard left) RNZ total audience slide has been notable over the past three years. In 2020, it topped all the commercial stations with 703,000 weekly listeners in 2023 it had 532,400 in 5th place in the market.’ That’s like the Panthers going to wooden spooners over 3 years!

Keep that tinfoil hat over your eyes so you 🐑 can denying a swing away from the left 🤣
I think ZB's most popular hosts are Hosk (right-wing shock jock) and Marcus Lush at night, he's a bit of a lefty, and young Jack Tame, the nanas love him.

Lot of Nats and ACT party shills phone in to push the agenda. Good platform for them, pretty big audience in the rest homes and retirement villages of the land, almost a captive market.

Last edited:
I didn’t “post” about Collins, i replied to one. And only because i lived in NZ at the time that the whole thing broke.

I have no fucking clue who Nania is, NZ politics are largely irrelevant so only really aware of what makes it across here.

Remember all the theories about John Key’s government getting cozy with the CCP because Crusher’s husband is a Chinese Samoan….. and now China is “disappointed” that Collins and Winnie are talking about closer defense ties with Australia. Now, we should be worried because of family links to tobacco companies.

Just shows why I could never enter politics….people would think I was a plant for American Big Business because my wife has worked for the NZ division of a Dallas based fortune 100 company for over 30 years….. even though she‘s been working for them for longer than we’ve been married.

Not to mention who’s actually responsible? Costello says there’s parts she didn’t write and doesn’t know who did. For such a non event, there seems to be a lot of scrambling. Interesting after so much has been spoken about the topic in recent times that it’s only today come to light the prime minister’s sister in law works for a tobacco company, something I’d have thought you’d front foot? Seems like with the likes of Bishop that there’s a few ties to the tobacco industry. I’d front foot that too mike if you’re looking for a future in politics, don’t want anyone thinking trump or biden have brought you off.

Any shoplifting apart from that one bag of chips? Or did it grow into a black market illicit chip cartel, better to be up front about it now than risk it all coming out when you're PM Mike. How do we know you're not getting paid off by big chips?

Last edited:
Someone give me the 60sec rundown on The Corruption of Narnia
Four kids are sent to live with an Uncle in the country in England. Lucy, the youngest child discovers an enchanted land which can only be accessed through a magic Wardrobe. The portal to the enchanted land (which is called Narnia) in the Wardrobe comes and goes.

Lucy tells her siblings about Narnia, however when they check the Wardrobe the portal is gone, Lucy is then ridiculed - the one who gives her the most grief is her entitled brother Edmund.

The corruption begins when Lucy's brother Edmund follows Lucy into the Wardrobe and indeed discovers there is an enchanted land called Narnia. While in Narnia he meets the wicked White Witch. (Edmund has been thoroughly corrupted through eating enchanted Turkish delight which has similar effects to nicotine) he is promised more product if he does what he is told.

Lucy tells her siblings that Edmund has seen Narnia too - Edmund lies by continuing to deny Narnia exists because it turns out he is an Act Party supporter....and he simply enjoys being a C***

The rest of the story is Christian allegory and makes multiple references to the Bible.

You will be pleased to know that the Christ figure (represented by a talking Lion) wins the day in the end with the help of the Children, even Act party Edmund see's the light in the presence of the furry Jesus.

It is a really good yarn, as are the other six books in the series the Chronicles of Narnia.

Highly recommended reading for kids and other people like Christopher Luxon who believe in magical men that come back to life.

Last edited:

Resigned after a series of controversies according to this.
She resigned before the investigation which then cleared her. I’ve mentioned before that an ex brother in law of mine was in the National Party. He was on National’s Electorate committee for Collins’ electorate for a number of years Including during that period. According to him, she was set up by senior people within the party who felt she wasn’t toeing the “party line” and they started releasing misinformation on her.

And before people think I’m defending either Collins or him, because he was reasonably up in the National party was one of the reasons I haven’t voted for them since 2007. If they would allow a prat like him up that far in their organisation, I don’t think they have earned my vote.

She resigned before the investigation which then cleared her. I’ve mentioned before that an ex brother in law of mine was in the National Party. He was on National’s Electorate committee for Collins’ electorate for a number of years Including during that period. According to him, she was set up by senior people within the party who felt she wasn’t toeing the “party line” and they started releasing misinformation on her.

And before people think I’m defending either Collins or him, because he was reasonably up in the National party was one of the reasons I haven’t voted for them since 2007. If they would allow a prat like him up that far in their organisation, I don’t think they have earned my vote.
You may be privy to some info like that but politics is all about the optics and her resignation shows guilt in most people’s eyes. She’s been known to stoop to what most see as gutter politics, which is why she took national to their biggest defeat.

Last edited:
Not saying she’s corrupt, but she 100% advanced her families business.

One News reported that while Ms Collins was in China last October she visited the offices of Oravida, a New Zealand company which exports milk products to China. Her husband, David Wong Tung, is a director of Oravida and the company later put up a photo of Ms Collins claiming she had tasted and endorsed their products.

One News reported that while Ms Collins was in China last October she visited the offices of Oravida, a New Zealand company which exports milk products to China. Her husband, David Wong Tung, is a director of Oravida and the company later put up a photo of Ms Collins claiming she had tasted and endorsed their products.

Sounds corrupt to me

I wipe my butt with products produced by the company my wife works for….. guess I’d be considered corrupt as well because for over thirty years, we haven’t had a rivals toilet paper in our house.

Back