Post Match Storm v Warriors - [Round 2, 2024]

Rate the game?

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F#[&!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
At a guess, if SJ isn't injured, I'd say it's Webster trying to give Metcalf some responsibility to get him more involved in the game in the hope he gets more involved in general play.
SJ definitly going to be managing his quad/groin issue till he retires.

Quad/groin issues you can kick with almost full range of motion, but goal kicking motion really pings it for some reason. Don't think it's any deeper than that.

Great game and yes we should have won it but not many players could score a freak try like that at the end.Its only game 2.Nxt week will come our first win of the season.
if DWZ had just stayed right in front of his man,we'd be pretty happy now lol..js

SJ definitly going to be managing his quad/groin issue till he retires.

Quad/groin issues you can kick with almost full range of motion, but goal kicking motion really pings it for some reason. Don't think it's any deeper than that.
SJ kicked goals last week. I was only guessing. It wouldn't be a bad move as a coach to give a player who he thinks had what it takes some responsibility to try and bring him in to the game more. Wouldn't be the first time it's happened. But like you say, it could also be managing SJs niggles for the season

it was my 18th birthday yesterday and i wanted nothing more than a warriors win @ aami park (last time warriors beat the storm i was in yr3 and now im finished school). That shit hurts my soul yk, i came back from a night out to watch the game with my nan and i really thought we had the game won but when coates scored, i started to cry yk. To me personally, a warriors win against the storm means more than any other team in the comp. farrr so close

I knew I should have extended my bike ride this morning out to another lap around the lake. Got home just as my father in law was visiting. They are standing there just as my kids were watching the end of the game. So I walked in as they were watching the replay of the last try.

Man talk about bad timing.

The start of the season is pretty weird. Every year getting the first win, supporters get anxious waiting for the first win. Getting down to 0-2 isn't great. Even next week is tough so 0-3 is a possibility. Seen comments around about how bad it is for the season.

Every year at some point teams lose a few. Remember last year we lost 3 in a row at one point.

Last week was a bit of a reality check. This week we didn't start well and managed to turn it around. It will give them confidence. But also a reminder that it is an 80 minute game..

Yeah he does but defensive decision making isn't his strong suit. I think he has improved and having Rocco playing well will help.

Maybe my own bias

But he lets in more tries in that corner than I’ve had hot lunches!

If the Storm did their homework on him then it probably was a set move

Looked like Metcalf was impeded but it happened in a flash so I will watch again.
Wont change the result but not a busy Sunday
I thought he was on Metcalfs outside shoulder not the inside where Paps cut through. Metcalf also wasn’t blowing up after because he went for the wrong man and got fooled. It was a bad read by him

I thought he was on Metcalfs outside shoulder not the inside where Paps cut through. Metcalf also wasn’t blowing up after because he went for the wrong man and got fooled
Okay thanks for your take.
I will go back later and see.
You could be right. Only saw once on my phone. I will look on the bigger screen.
Cheers mate

View attachment 6248View attachment 6248
but for as good as DWZ is on attack he hasn't a clue in Defence WTF was he going for Berrys guy(berry great defender 1 on 1) then being slightly off angle he run at Coates late ....

View: https://x.com/TightFive_Rugby/status/1768950818022060047?s=20

Storm knew which edge attack ... View attachment 6240

no fucking way that try would have happened on the left edge.... Montoya would have smashed him into last week

this is not a tackle .... had DWZ actually gone for his opposite body on body not hand tap ..look how far back berry tackle ended up ... DWZ was a weakest link and will continue to be

Never understood why some can only focus on what happens at the end of the chain instead of following it all the way infield to see where the chain actually broke in the first place.

It was a 4 on 3 overlap once Paps had got on the outside of Barnett (which was always going to be the case) this meant that entire edge from SJ, Rocco, and DWZ couldnt just drfit straight out onto their man or the ball carrier wouldve just waltzed through. They had to hold to allow the line time to recover then chase out. Which they actually did brilliantly.

The only criticism i could cast DWZ way (which tbh is just waay too picky ) is that he shouldve known Coates only option was to go high and his target area was probably too low.....but fuck me thats harsh to a absolute freak of a play.
Screenshot (1).png

Back