Player Matt Lodge

Aman

Aman

Feel bad for Lodge and Addin Fonua-Blake.

Our forward pack is good enough to rival any other pack.

Our backline however- absolute thrash

So what's changed? In the past we use to have great backlines and mud packs.

Great defence and shit attack, shit defence and great attack.

Its all the same isn't it? We only do things in halves.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Aman

Aman

Hes been such an enforcer this season. Only bloke who looks like he cares or wants to win.

Reactions: 5 users
jmb_31

jmb_31

He seemed quite well spoken during the post game interview and clearly wears his heart on his sleeve, he never drops his head instead he decides to try smash everyone harder. Honestly I can see why the Broncos considered giving him a captaincy role, if we can convince him to stay we could do worse than give him a leadership role within the team, he's exactly the type of player we need in the squad.

Addin Fonua-Blake to me looks like he's been playing with the weight of the world on his shoulders and that's not surprising given the poor bench prop impact. We 100% need at least one more prop for next season.

Reactions: 4 users
Dixpat

Dixpat

In Stacey we (have to) trust
Contributor
Has been granted an early immediate release

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users
zaggo

zaggo

On one hand, he wasn't part of the future so I suppose not a huge loss. Was also prone to a brain fart or three.

On the other I liked his mongrel and the fact we finally had someone that looked to put on hits and make life uncomfortable for the opposition.

Really hope we're getting someone to replace him immediately otherwise our prop rotation is incredibly thin.

Reactions: 11 users
jmb_31

jmb_31

What exactly did we have to gain from giving an immediate release, we're now even shorter in the position

Reactions: 12 users
Horriors2013

Horriors2013

No wonder Brown played Berry and Vailea round one. He knew we were fucked this year anyway. This is too big a loss. You can't recover from this with the props we have. Addin Fonua-Blake can't do it alone. We now have to blood the Kepus, wait for Ale or turn Murchie or Harris into a prop. Piss poor planning. Why did they not have a star prop on the ready to replace him? It's as if he just left because we're losing and Broncos are on the up.

Reactions: 1 users
Blackdot

Blackdot

Wow, I was not expecting that. When he first signed I was against it, but now I am gutted he is leaving.

Three notes: One, seems like he won't be going to the Dolphins (if he would be playing for another NRL club this season). Two, surely we have someone coming in mid-season, otherwise our propping rotation is fucked for the rest of the year. Three, has there been some big blow up behind the scenes for him to leave the day before a game and not even have a farewell match?

Reactions: 12 users
Up the guttz

Up the guttz

Surely we are getting a huge signing? Otherwise what would be the point, we don’t need cap space unless someone on really good coin is coming in and can’t see that happening this late in the piece.

I’m pretty shocked on this one

Reactions: 1 user

the borg

Oh well I guess we all new this was coming.. Still a real blow losing him so soon.. he played so well for us.. but his choice and respect that.. all the best Lodgey thanks for everything ...

Reactions: 2 users

MXRecord

Why give an immediate release to your best forward, in the middle of the season? There better be something coming up, otherwise it screams incompetence.

Reactions: 7 users

gubbbs

WTF, that's our season done. May as well just sack Brownie now. Hope like fuck someone is getting released to us early to replace him, but I doubt it. Him leaving at the end of the season was absolutely understandable, but mid season right before game day???? Fucks sake.

Reactions: 5 users