Player Matt Lodge

Beastmode

Today is a good day ☀️
Contributor
Funny how two of our oddest situations have Moses fingerprints all over them. Payton taking the coaching job then turning it down a couple of minutes later and now this lodge episode has the trademark of trying to make an example of the club.

Moses has his fingerprints on half the NRL.

Our stupid alpha has bitten off more than he can chew, making an enemy of one of the most influential figures in the game. Well done again Mohawk!!

Our stupid alpha has bitten off more than he can chew, making an enemy of one of the most influential figures in the game. Well done again Mohawk!!
Very messy situation surrounding Issac Moses, he’s deregistered but his brother or some family member does all the negotiating with players and it goes back to him. Tyran Smith looks to be an agent the club has a few players at now and previously playing for the Warriors

Reactions: Beastmode

Beastmode

Today is a good day ☀️
Contributor
Very messy situation surrounding Issac Moses, he’s deregistered but his brother or some family member does all the negotiating with players and it goes back to him. Tyran Smith looks to be an agent the club has a few players at now and previously playing for the Warriors

while I am ranting :

The Wests Tigers felt the wrath of his power in 2017 when nephew Mitchell Moses, James Tedesco, Aaron Woods and Luke Brooks all came off contract at the same time. Of the so-called big four, only Luke Brooks remained at the Tigers as the club fell out with the player manager - Isaac Moses.

Look where the Tigers are now 5 years later.

Letting Mohawk in is the biggest mistake of this clubs history.

Rant over!

while I am ranting :

The Wests Tigers felt the wrath of his power in 2017 when nephew Mitchell Moses, James Tedesco, Aaron Woods and Luke Brooks all came off contract at the same time. Of the so-called big four, only Luke Brooks remained at the Tigers as the club fell out with the player manager - Isaac Moses.

Look where the Tigers are now 5 years later.

Letting Mohawk in is the biggest mistake of this clubs history.

Rant over!
He’s got a firm grip on the knights as well now with Adam o brien in his stable. I think this started with Kearney being with Moses and the look of the club being one that Moses has some sway because of it. He’s to be reregistered this year but the nrl have massive reservations around him.

Yeah club got infiltrated by Moses from Kearney originally. Pre Robinson.

Robinson knew that we were being screwed by him. At the time Payten was interim coach, and this was said to the media;

Then Payten publicly turned us down on live TV.

Then we feel into the same trap with Lodge all over again.

Reactions: davo and Cces
For a guy who had time out of the game due to a drunken rampage Lodge has done quite well financially on his return to the game.

He got the Broncos to get him back into the NRL and a decent contract. Moved off to the Warriors.

The Roosters is currently a short-term deal but can see him ending up at a high-profile club that is a contender.

Robinson knew that we were being screwed by him. At the time Payten was interim coach, and this was said to the media;

I get the feeling as time went on with Robinson’s public comments regarding him, he may have come to the conclusion that Peter O Sullivan was a big part of the problem. In that article Ricky Stuart used the Warriors and broncos as examples, two clubs lodge has been with and that article is before him joining us, though it sounds as it was in the works for some time. I know Felise Kaufusi is with Moses, it would be interesting to know how many of the dolphins recruits are with him. Not a great look when Blake Green didn’t even know he was being moved on before that article and I don’t think Payten appreciated it either.

Reactions: Worried2Death
For a guy who had time out of the game due to a drunken rampage Lodge has done quite well financially on his return to the game.

He got the Broncos to get him back into the NRL and a decent contract. Moved off to the Warriors.

The Roosters is currently a short-term deal but can see him ending up at a high-profile club that is a contender.
The roosters are prepared to offer him another contract if it’s a success apparently and the storm were after him too. Hard to say if it’s the player or the cheap deal. Interesting the storm were in the mix after lodge apparently tried to take Bellamy on in the parking lot as a junior at the club I’ve read before but have no idea if that’s fact. Interesting the dolphins didn’t seem to chase him but o Sullivan may have been concerned for the look of nepotism but it hasn’t stopped him with his son joining the dolphins and wasn’t worried about it here.

Dixpat

In Andy we (have to) trust
Contributor
A very close ex-team mate was at the Bowling Club last night when Stacey & Robbo rocked in.
He had a few drinks with them & tried to get the goss but they were both very tight lipped.
Apparently Robbo is very outspoken especially on the turps but no nothing last night.
Am I the only one slightly concerned that Mohawk is getting in the ear of Stacey?

tajhay

🏉
get the feeling as time went on with Robinson’s public comments regarding him, he may have come to the conclusion that Peter O Sullivan was a big part of the problem
It's strange that only this club has problems with staff like Corvo, POS. Moses didn't force his players to this club...who was signing off on it? Who resigned Kearney on a 3 year deal and then fired him a year later?

If Lodge was the problem why was he given a payout for an option he didn't take?

Utter incompetence.

It's strange that only that club has problems with staff like Corvo, POS. Moses didn't force his players to this club...who was signing off on it? Who resigned Kearney on a 3 year deal and then fired him a year?

If Lodge was the problem why was he given a payout for an option he didn't take?

Utter incompetence.
Corvo was shifted on from his last club before joining us though I think it was a huge mistake parting ways with him and I’m not sure Peter o Sullivan is the best example to use after finishing at previous clubs and being suspended by the nrl along with poor tactics recently uncovered in his pursuit of Ponga. Neither of us knows the truth unless you do, or what goes on behind the scenes and you could well be correct as from the outside looking in it’s the logical response but I’m personally willing to see how this plays out and who’s onboard for next year onwards. I’ve said before I don’t condone much of what Robinson’s said but the alternative is to support another club, I’m all for calling it out but I also think he deserves the opportunity to make it better if it can be.

I’m comfortable with Robinson making an enemy of Moses, the guy has been poison for the Tigers, Broncos and Knights. Especially if it means we avoid paying inflated figures for the likes of Blair, Green and Nikorima.

Moses certainly wasn’t doing us any favours.

Beastmode

Today is a good day ☀️
Contributor

Club looking like a real shit house now, 2 years on, so not convinced we got rid of the real problem.

I’m comfortable with Robinson making an enemy of Moses, the guy has been poison for the Tigers, Broncos and Knights. Especially if it means we avoid paying inflated figures for the likes of Blair, Green and Nikorima.

Moses certainly wasn’t doing us any favours.
By all means distance yourself from him, avoid his players, but making him your public enemy is just dumb. It’s a war the club was never going to benefit from. A respectful distancing would have been the right move, but it is less of an alpha play.