Pick Your Team Storm v Warriors - Round 2, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

Preferred halves partner to SJ?

• Luke Metcalf

• TMM

• CHT

• Undecided???

Results are only viewable after voting.
IMG_7925.jpeg

Injured his groin by slipping in the shower?

I still think Ford will be surpassed by Halasima by mid year but Webster will continue to pick Ford for at least the next 3 weeks. What interests me is if Capewell has trained exclusively on the right side? He's experienced enough to switched to the left to accommodate Laban in the short term but if I'm right & Halasima in the heir to our left edge then Capewell would need to revert back to right edge then.

Last edited:
I still think Ford will be surpassed by Halasima by mid year but Webster will continue to pick Ford for at least the next 3 weeks. What interests me as if Capewell has trained exclusively on the right side? He's experienced enough to switched to the left to accommodate Laban in the short term but if I'm right & Halasima in the heir to our left edge then Capewell would need to revert back to right edge then.
Definitely think we need some youthful exuberance in the team and as it stands Leiataua and Laban are the most deserving at the moment for me. Maiu’u available again against raiders though Ale couldn’t make the field from the bench either

I don't think Webb will ring the changes unless he has to. I reckon he'll keep the same guys (though bring in Laban/CHT if Capes and Egan are gone). Even if we go 0-2 (likely) but the performance isn't awful, I suspect he'll stick again for the Raiders. If we go 0-3 we'll see a couple of tactical/form changes, with Niukore an automatic return regardless.

Maybe I’ve missed something where has all the anti metcalf come from? Was it from
Last night or just in general?
Metcalf was part of the starting line up that was stronger than the Sharks and went 12 nil. And he made up for half of our tally.

Under Webster, when his first picks are available we are top four quality.

Last edited:
What I think they may go with based on injuries.
1. Tuaupiki
2. DWZ
3. Berry
4. RTS
5. Montoya
6. Metcalf
7. Johnson
8. AFB
9. Lussick
10. Afoa
11. Ford
12. Barnett
13. Tohu

14. Walker
15. Ale
16. Laban
17. Roache/Jazz

If Egan and Capewah are fine then they would start but basing this team on https://www.nrl.com/casualty-ward/?competition=111&team=500032
Jazz looked like he might have picked up a niggle too in the nsw cup game? Agree with the rest though based on who could be unavailable

Metcalf was part of the starting line up that was stronger than the Sharks and went 12 nil. And he made up for half of tally.

Go figure.

Fans have this fault of thinking they can pick better line up than qualified coaches that are around players 24/7.

Well, if that floats your boar fine, but under Webster, when his first picks are available we are top four quality.
Could be just a case of it being a forum and people stating their views? That’s me personally anyway, that’s why I try to acknowledge by saying I reckon or I think or personally or my view etc

I dont get all the anti metcalf hate tbh. Based off last year TMM was quite average, non existent at times and just fails to do anything of substance.

Ford for me was really average, two handling errors momentum killers.

As for lineups, dont see too much change, other than forced injuries.

Storm game @ 9:35pm NZT?

They really taking the p with these late starts aye. Thank you for your services NZ… 😬

1709978907468.jpeg

We can gang up on him with Barnett + AFB this time, need a JWH type bully play, toobad Marata is injured

I was ok with Tauapiki at the back, but I think it’s an obvious choice Roger needs to be fullback until charnze is back.
If Taine was our regular fullback he would be ranked last, no line breaks no try’s or assists.
while Leiataua has the potential to be one of the best centres in the game.

It’s similar at the Titans, they have Kini at fullback who is better than Tauapiki, but they have a much better option in Brimson who they’re playing in the centres.

Back