General Matt Elliott Comfirms Simon Mannering As Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.
mode81

mode81

Fantastic decision by coaching staff Mannering deserves to be captain but he has to become more vocal towards his team mates and put a rocket up their ass every time they play like mud! No more serious frowns and steering at the grass, time for some eye contact ,death steers then a vocal bashing to some of our under performers.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Leuluai, Friend, Feleti, Sam Rapira, Manu, Lowrie, Ropati and Lillyman in a shared vice captain/leadership

Mannering can be the captain on the field, talking to the ref etc (hopefully not quite as much tho) but have five or so unoffical captains. TL, Martal and Friend for sure!

Theres not a team in the world that doesnt have their leadership/senior group. Players like Lowrie, TL and Nielsen get automatic entry due to their experiance. Obvious choices from the pre-existing team include Lillyman, Ropo, Rusty, Manu, etc... This system already exists and has done since 1995. Those that are part of that group know who they are. If you've been around long enough then your in. Kevin Locke, despite his minor off field lapses, is part of it. Im against naming 5-8 co-captains. It would serve no purpose other than to inflate a players ego. To put the Rabbitohs success down to the co-captain initiative is grasping at straws.

Im also against having a captain for the backline. The simple reason being that one already exists and thats either going to be TL or Shaun Johnson. Whoever is in charge of directing play is the only person I want to hear in the backline. As chief playmaker it is he who directs the team. Its his voice and his voice only that need carry weight.THats my take on the matter anyway. My argument can be best summed up by the following idiom:

Too many Cheifs and not enough Indians...

Reactions: 1 users
ramraider78

ramraider78

I didn't like the way it dragged out to announce the captain, stupid IMO but I'm a supporter of a senior leadership group in the team that please stays injury free this season, I wonder whop they have lined up to stand in for Mannering if he's Injuried? - Hope i didn't just jinx his season :oops:

Reactions: 1 user
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
I didn't like the way it dragged out to announce the captain, stupid IMO but I'm a supporter of a senior leadership group in the team that please stays injury free this season, I wonder whop they have lined up to stand in for Mannering if he's Injuried? - Hope i didn't just jinx his season :oops:
Ummmm, yeah, ummm good question? My personal choice would be Mateo. Just dont give it to Manu!

Kendrick

Kendrick

Theres not a team in the world that doesnt have their leadership/senior group. Players like Lowrie, TL and Nielsen get automatic entry due to their experiance. Obvious choices from the pre-existing team include Lillyman, Ropo, Rusty, Manu, etc... This system already exists and has done since 1995. Those that are part of that group know who they are. If you've been around long enough then your in. Kevin Locke, despite his minor off field lapses, is part of it. Im against naming 5-8 co-captains. It would serve no purpose other than to inflate a players ego. To put the Rabbitohs success down to the co-captain initiative is grasping at straws.

Im also against having a captain for the backline. The simple reason being that one already exists and thats either going to be TL or Shaun Johnson. Whoever is in charge of directing play is the only person I want to hear in the backline. As chief playmaker it is he who directs the team. Its his voice and his voice only that need carry weight.THats my take on the matter anyway. My argument can be best summed up by the following idiom:

Straws are for pussies bro, drink from the bottle!! The only reason I say that is cause when Maguire was here he was asked what was the main reason for the Rabbitohs success last year and he said it was due to his senior leadership group, which he helped establish and solidify by placing the responsibility of captaincy upon them.

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Kind of ironic that you have Leuluai in the leadership squad when it was rumoured his departure from the Warriors, originally, was in part due to his issues with the arrogance of the senior/leadership group.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Straws are for pussies bro, drink from the bottle!! The only reason I say that is cause when Maguire was here he was asked what was the main reason for the Rabbitohs success last year and he said it was due to his senior leadership group, which he helped establish and solidify by placing the responsibility of captaincy upon them.
Wrong straws! https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/grasp_at_straws

Can you at least cut your list down to 4 co-captains? To suggest 8 players is silly. Bunnies have in Michael Crocker, Roy Asotasi, Sam Burgess, Matt King and John Sutton.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Kind of ironic that you have Leuluai in the leadership squad when it was rumoured his departure from the Warriors, originally, was in part due to his issues with the arrogance of the senior/leadership group.
Do you have a link to that?

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Do you have a link to that?
I tried to search it, but do you know how hard it is to search an old story about Thomas Leuluai and the Warriors? When he has been with the NZ Warriors twice now and the time in between was mostly with another Warriors. Maybe I shouldn't have posted the comment without finding the source first. But, I think I read it in one of the Warriors books. I'll have a hunt when I get time, but won't be today. I'm shifting house today, so will be busy as a MoFo.

Numbnutsnz

Numbnutsnz

Happy Mannering is captain but hope he is more vocal in his leadership. Really fucks me off when the opposition score and he's just stood there having a drink while the Michael Lucks and co give the team a spray.

Miket12

Miket12

Titans have gone the Rabbitohs route and named Greg Bird and Nate 'miss the toilet by' Myles as Co-captains and have named Zillman as vice-captain. In theory (bar injuries) they should always have a captain up front and one out back. Im starting to warm to this shared captaincy idea for the Warriors...

https://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league...d-named-titans-cocaptains-20130122-2d3ly.html

I like this idea - Mutts from the front row, Mannering from the second and Locke at the back. Nobby could be in charge of the transport - then again that's probably not a good idea ;)

Reactions: 1 users
warriors8

warriors8

Mannering aint captain material. Should of given it to someone more quieter......

OMG

OMG

Titans have gone the Rabbitohs route and named Greg Bird and Nate 'miss the toilet by' Myles as Co-captains and have named Zillman as vice-captain. In theory (bar injuries) they should always have a captain up front and one out back. Im starting to warm to this shared captaincy idea for the Warriors...

https://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league...d-named-titans-cocaptains-20130122-2d3ly.html

Campion-Jones 01-02 was pretty successful 8th in 01 and first ever finals for the Warriors and 02, 1st and 1st GF.

Richie

Richie

The more things stay the same, the more things stay the same.

• Haha
Mr Bob

Mr Bob

Contributor
Fantastic decision by coaching staff Mannering deserves to be captain but he has to become more vocal towards his team mates and put a rocket up their ass every time they play like mud! No more serious frowns and steering at the grass, time for some eye contact ,death steers then a vocal bashing to some of our under performers.

Happy Mannering is captain but hope he is more vocal in his leadership. Really fucks me off when the opposition score and he's just stood there having a drink while the Michael Lucks and co give the team a spray.

Yeah, interesting. Roll forward 2 1/2 years and these comments are still applicable!!!!!

By the same fucking people!. Ha!

Mr Bob

Mr Bob

Contributor
he's just stood there having a drink while the Michael Lucks and co give the team a spray.

I dont know why, but when I read drink and give the team a spray, Russell Packer popped into my head...

• Haha
mode81

mode81

Yeah, interesting. Roll forward 2 1/2 years and these comments are still applicable!!!!!

By the same fucking people!. Ha!

Interesting that.. different year same old shit.. different sets of coaches have come in yet Mannering has remained in charge I wish a coach would come in take the captaincy off him to be honest.

Then we have the Captain Mannering camp saying the Kiwis have won bla bla in a row for the first time in yada yada years.. Who gives a flying fark about that.. Kiwis aren't the Warriors..

4 years of no finals footy at club level.. unbelievable. No I don't care about Farah or any other club people wanna compare Mannering to.. I'm interested in our team not other teams problems and for me Mannering is stale as our captain

We ain't gonna win fark all under his captaincy and so it's proved that way for the last 4 years.. better yet, let's just stay insane and keep pulling the same shit year in year out. Mannering captain.. yeah why not, I've gotten use to losing while he's in charge let's just keep it the same.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.