Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
None whatsoever.

And even if we did, that isn't even the issue.

1. His manager diverted from standard by signing a release before the Dragons completed their medical

2. Dragons had him training before being registered - against the RLPA agreement

3. Dragons promoted the signing before completing their due diligence

All of these stuffed Ronnie more than anything else
Warriors literally noted his shoulder in the medical...

If it’s between the two and an SJ wants to play on having a season like the last, I think it’s an easy decision. Personally not seeing a halfback replacement for SJ in Metcalf so we’d need to go to market potentially. A lot hinges on where they see CHT? If SJ retired next season and Metcalf stayed, we’d potentially have 3 five eighths and no tried halfback. As it stands we’ve got 1 halfback in SJ this season and 3 five eighths in TMM, Metcalf and CHT.
CHT was a 7 for Samoa world cup final

If it’s between the two and an SJ wants to play on having a season like the last, I think it’s an easy decision. Personally not seeing a halfback replacement for SJ in Metcalf so we’d need to go to market potentially. A lot hinges on where they see CHT? If SJ retired next season and Metcalf stayed, we’d potentially have 3 five eighths and no tried halfback. As it stands we’ve got 1 halfback in SJ this season and 3 five eighths in TMM, Metcalf and CHT.
For me, I don’t think there’s any question that CHT will be starting at 6 alongside SJ within a few rounds, more complete player than both Metcalf and TMM.

Metcalf has a lot to offer with his acceleration, anticipation and backing up, but to me he is not a playmaker and has barely adequate defence. Same as his kicking game. TMM has a more all round game imo.
the his
What will Webster want from SJ's Hallves partner. I think defense iis his priority. That puts CHT up there. He has combined with SJ before and has a good left boot.

A defensively solid Halves pairing has a lot going for it with SJ, TMM/CHT

Still waiting to see what others see in CHT, hope to be proven wrong but don’t think he usurps either of this years other half options on what I’ve seen from him
Two words. Jackson Ford.
Under Webby, I’m expecting CHT to go a couple of levels higher than his prior experiences. Short kicking game and distribution especially.

Personally I see him as a Cam Smith style hooker expect roughing it in defence rather than wear a dinner suit.

My pick? Start ahead of Egan for 20 at hooker before going playing a utility role. Egan might also slot into 13 at periods in games as well.

I’m expecting loads more potency due to our ability to switch and change players and positions in the middle of games.

Two words. Jackson Ford.
Under Webby, I’m expecting CHT to go a couple of levels higher than his prior experiences. Short kicking game and distribution especially.

Personally I see him as a Cam Smith style hooker expect roughing it in defence rather than wear a dinner suit.

My pick? Start ahead of Egan for 20 at hooker before going playing a utility role. Egan might also slot into 13 at periods in games as well.

I’m expecting loads more potency due to our ability to switch and change players and positions in the middle of games.
Geez I’m happy to take a wait & see approach on CHT, if he gets anywhere near the expectations of some of you then I’ll be happy, however comparing him to Cam Smith????? Totally absurd.

One of the things that worried me particularly at the back end of the season last year was how we responded to adversity.

Yes, we had the change of tempo once Walker came on about the 20 minute mark that worked effectively, but I felt like we weren't able to respond to what teams were doing and change up our style of play.

That last stretch of games where we won a bunch against lower ranked teams - Dragons, Tigers, Titans, Manly - yes we won all of those games but we did it the hard way. I'm not sure if it was the long season we had and we were tired.

We nearly had our pants pulled down a few times and I really wanted to see our team change things up. We're struggling up the middle? Let's try and hit the edges. The opposition is muscling up up front? Kick early a few times and turn them around. We never really switched things up and kept the game plan quite simple. I still feel like we looked to SJ exclusively for that, which isn't a great tactic.

I'm really hoping that's something weve looked at in the offseason and that were able to be a bit more responsive to what's going on in front of us

Unemployed and facing surgery and significant rehab outside of a club environment.

He's been absolutely rooted at this moment.
My understanding from the article is that he will have an income and be able to pay the rent.

Looks like Volk is back. Via mark mahi man insta story

(Edit) that could be Morgan graham Taufa probably
B785CE0B-A409-4179-A1FF-F3A60F9C096D.jpeg

TMM has a more all round game imo.
What is TMM actually better than CHT at though? Genuinely asking.

Albeit it will take him some time shake the rust off, imo CHT is a superior version of what TMM offers.

The only wildcard is Metcalf showing what he's capable of with his speed, which obviously CHT doesn't have. But I still think CHT is a more complete all round player than Metcalf.