I've done worse, most of us probably have..

Back on topic though, he's a world class player who will add greatly to that Tongan side if they can put their national pride before their own..
Yes, but do you have hundreds of thousands of followers who could be affected by what you post on social media? Bit different when it's an every day joe compared to the highest profile rugby player in Australia.

I don't care if he's a good rugby league player. If you go around vilifying people based on their sexual orientation, race, gender etc you should not be accepted back into Rugby League so easy, especially when he is not showing any remorse whatsoever.

It's 2019, take your bigoted b.s somewhere else.

I don't care if he's a good rugby league player. If you go around vilifying people based on their sexual orientation, race, gender etc you should not be accepted back into Rugby League so easy, especially when he is not showing any remorse whatsoever.

It's 2019, take your bigoted b.s somewhere else.
Was his view illegal or do you just do not liked what he was reading from the bible?

It’s not his view, it is his religious belief. Are therefore all christians not allowed to play league?

Is it not disrespectful to forced your views on to the Tongan RL?

Bigoted is an intolerance towards other people’s views or beliefs... this sounds like you...

I don’t support his views personally but support his right to free speech where it does not break the law...

Was his view illegal or do you just do not liked what he was reading from the bible?

It’s not his view, it is his religious belief. Are therefore all christians not allowed to play league?

Is it not disrespectful to forced your views on to the Tongan RL?

Bigoted is an intolerance towards other people’s views or beliefs... this sounds like you...

I don’t support his views personally but support his right to free speech where it does not break the law...
There's nothing wrong with him practising his religion, it's when he continues to vvilify minorities without remorse is what I have a problem with.

I have no problem with any religion. As you say he has every right to his views, and I have every right to believe his views are bigoted.

Mr Frank White

Contributor

What Bible verse was it?

A religious belief is a personal view

Bigoted is an intolerance towards other people’s views or beliefs
Hence the tolerance paradox

You only have a right of free speech against the state. He hasn't been arrested, he hasn't persecuted by the state.

Unless you're advocating that people can say what ever, to whom ever, with zero consequences ever??!

He has the right to express his opinion under Australian Law, as long as it is genuinely his opinion.

Just like you have the right to express your opinion to him that he is a hate filled imbecile that believes in fairy tales told by a guy who buried gold on his land and then pretended to find it to prove he was telling the truth, so he could take peoples money (assuming that is your genuine opinion).

It was a paraphrase from Corinthians but it wasnt far off the mark from what is written, so if you are a believer its probably your truth.
I find it hard to condemn the guy over it because it is ridiculous to me that people believe that. If you read what he wrote (and whats in Corinthians) then just about everybody is going to hell if they have been drunk, lied or had sex. The media and social media just want a frenzy so focus on the fact he condemns homosexuals, make it all about that and keep giving it more oxygen (yeah I know I am now one of them).
I am not a believer so it doesnt worry me that he thinks I am going to hell and if I was a believer then I would probably know that already because I would have read it.

It was a paraphrase from Corinthians but it wasnt far off the mark from what is written, so if you are a believer its probably your truth.
I find it hard to condemn the guy over it because it is ridiculous to me that people believe that. If you read what he wrote (and whats in Corinthians) then just about everybody is going to hell if they have been drunk, lied or had sex. The media and social media just want a frenzy so focus on the fact he condemns homosexuals, make it all about that and keep giving it more oxygen (yeah I know I am now one of them).
I am not a believer so it doesnt worry me that he thinks I am going to hell and if I was a believer then I would probably know that already because I would have read it.

Yeah its interesting that they are adamant he cant play the game again, yet Matt Lodge is rumoured to be the Broncos captain next year

Billy Teets James

interesting that he has already been turned down by the NRL. this role if it happens in the international game, has to be a one off. Why hasnt he buggered off to Japan by now to make his money. His lawyers could handle everything here and they are racist and sexist in Japan at a level most of the world wont tolerate, he should fit right in there. Oh btw its not black people they hate, its anyone who is not Japanese.
Never experienced any of that in Japan. I've been there on my sneaker missions & they're the most polite & courteous people I've ever met.

Last edited by a moderator:

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
sio like everyone else you see it from your own perspective as stupid and funny, but dont care that other people would see it differently.
I think your right that the media do want a frenzy, thats exactly why aussie rugby told him not to do it. He even agreed not to do it. Then he did it.
Honestly imo it should. He is preaching intolerance in a world that needs as much as it can get. The more there are like him in the world the worse it will be. Arent there enough real issues out there we could focus on, instead of hate being preached by celebrities. Personally I really hope he gets spanked when he goes to court. Then he can go off and run his tin pot church with his daddy and hate everyone with no one caring.

gREVUS

Contributor
Yeah its interesting that they are adamant he cant play the game again, yet Matt Lodge is rumoured to be the Broncos captain next year
Matt Lodge, repented and apologised for his actions, worked with the NRL to prove his contrition, and has attended clinics to clean up his issues. Folau insists he is right and that they should apologise to him. Personally i wouldnt have either as a friend but i see the difference

gREVUS

Contributor
Never experienced any of that in Japan. I've been there on my sneaker missions & they're the most polite & courteous people I've ever met.
Yes they are, but there are still drinking establishments where you as a Gaijin can not enter. Its perfectly lawful and very well known. But they really are polite about it. Also they publically shame fat people - its a real part of their culture, have massive issues with anorexia in young woman, because of the rampant sexist ideals that they push. But again they are real polite about it.

BTW whats a sneaker mission?

WA supporter

Contributor
Matt Lodge, repented and apologised for his actions, worked with the NRL to prove his contrition, and has attended clinics to clean up his issues. Folau insists he is right and that they should apologise to him. Personally i wouldnt have either as a friend but i see the difference
You may well be right in saying about M Lodge that he is contrite and done this and that. But to the best of my knowledge he hasn’t made any attempt to pay the family he terrorised. Therein lays the problem!

Billy Teets James

Yes they are, but there are still drinking establishments where you as a Gaijin can not enter. Its perfectly lawful and very well known. But they really are polite about it. Also they publically shame fat people - its a real part of their culture, have massive issues with anorexia in young woman, because of the rampant sexist ideals that they push. But again they are real polite about it.

BTW whats a sneaker mission?
Sneaker enthusiasts talk for sneaker shopping lol.