I would never wish harm on anybody trying to grow the game in Tonga. However it is a union country, and league is a new thing. If they have to use Australian Aborigines as Tongan players they are on the wrong track, and that is sad for Tongan fans here, but if they like they can get out in their droves and support the Kiwis. Why not?...otherwise I couldn't give a shite.
You have heard that there a humans that are mixed race right?

I was looking forward to this Oceania Cup idea because the tests have been so awesome lately but it's turning into a bigger joke than that week we were trying to find Fiendy's nek minute grandma. Pretty sad really.

Last edited:
Reactions: Defence

bruce

Contributor
I was looking forward to this Pacific Cup idea because the tests have been so awesome lately but it's turning into a bigger joke than that week when we were trying to find Fiendy's nek minute grandma. Pretty sad really.
They were just after the money the Tongan fans would bring in. Was always based on a fallacy. They got what they asked for.

Next they’ll be calling up this toko
163E22EF-2A8C-4FDB-A5D8-9B0318A81A9C.jpeg

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
interesting that he has already been turned down by the NRL. this role if it happens in the international game, has to be a one off. Why hasnt he buggered off to Japan by now to make his money. His lawyers could handle everything here and they are racist and sexist in Japan at a level most of the world wont tolerate, he should fit right in there. Oh btw its not black people they hate, its anyone who is not Japanese.

His lawyers could handle everything here and they are racist and sexist in Japan at a level most of the world wont tolerate, he should fit right in there. Oh btw its not black people they hate, its anyone who is not Japanese.
The Japanese are interesting. I wouldn’t call them traditionally racist - they are very insular and strongly for their own culture rather than particularly against other races. It’s a proud and traditional cultural society rather than a race issue.

This goes back hundreds of year to when Japan was closed to foreigners until the US forced them to open up in the 1800s under threat of war if they didn’t.

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
The Japanese are interesting. I wouldn’t call them traditionally racist - they are very insular and strongly for their own culture rather than particularly against other races. It’s a proud and traditional cultural society rather than a race issue.

This goes back hundreds of year to when Japan was closed to foreigners until the US forced them to open up in the 1800s under threat of war if they didn’t.

This. Japan is so different culturally to virtually everywhere else. What we consider normal western behavior can be very obnoxious and alien to them. When you have that kind of tradition/culture ingrained in society, they will always seem a step (or lots) off from the modern world with equality and understanding. Having said that, I think they understand foreigners are different, and their sexism and other issues are something they mostly battle with internally.

Even hotter off the press the RLIF claim in the SMH headlines that it’s 🐂💩. NRL website also saying it will be quashed
The way I see that the Tongan RL can get around this is to have Folau register with a club in Tonga and therefore become available for selection for their national side. The RLIF can't stop it and the NRL have no derestriction to say who the TRL can or can't register or who they can and can't select.

WA supporter

Contributor
The way I see that the Tongan RL can get around this is to have Folau register with a club in Tonga and therefore become available for selection for their national side. The RLIF can't stop it and the NRL have no derestriction to say who the TRL can or can't register or who they can and can't select.
True dat,but I’m with Pozza there we should be denying the ladies front bottom any oxygen,cause that’s what he’s looking for

Nothing wrong with Izzy, he's allowed to have his beliefs and also to express them but it's the league player that interests me. I only care to watch him play league..
TBH, I think this is more about the TRL trying to get some "positive" traction in the news and get the media away from the corruption within the organization and the potential players revolt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Akkerz and Defence