General Match fixing in Fox Memorial

Just talking about it on radio sport. Veitch said he had an anonymous call this morning from one of the players saying it was all organised friday night, that the entire squad would miss the game and that the senior B's would play.

What a joke. He said its put there club back 50 years in terms of integrity

Buck777

We often look down our noses at Union for having the boys club 'decide what we want behind closed doors' mentality. But if we're honest we're not too much different. McGhan,Todd and in this case Monty, Guitenbiel possibly Jones. It really smacks of elitism and doing what we want because we're famous and our crap don't stink.

We often look down our noses at Union for having the boys club 'decide what we want behind closed doors' mentality. But if we're honest we're not too much different. McGhan,Todd and in this case Monty, Guitenbiel possibly Jones. It really smacks of elitism and doing what we want because we're famous and our crap don't stink.

Please they dont even compare ......
yes, it happens but nowhere

Guttenbeil doesnt have really anything to do with the club, neither does monty
they are busy men..
It has nothing to do with being famous. . . arrogant yes, but famous no

However ARL definately have a bad history of that, warriors are kidding if they think they are a viable partner to run the first 13 competition.
Warriors should take over running the vulcans aswell.

Buck777

Please they dont even compare ......
yes, it happens but nowhere

Guttenbeil doesnt have really anything to do with the club, neither does monty
they are busy men..
It has nothing to do with being famous. . . arrogant yes, but famous no

Ok, it's just that Monty and Guttenbeil have leaped to the defense of Pt Chev this morning tweeting that papakura didn't win enough games to put destiny in their hands, and generally doing a big moan over the decision so I presumed they were still involved. My mates son plays some games for them so I'll get the goss because he is as honest as the day is long.

Buck777

My Pt Chev source admits it wasn't too flash what they did but points out that Mt Albert did the same to pt chev two weeks ago. So maybe it's more common than we think

Resting your top players - fair enough.
Not particularly busting a gut to win - fair enough.
But 0-102? Didn't they think someone would go "Holy crap! What the bloody hell happened in that match?"?

It's a bit like the 8 badminton players who've just been expelled from the Olympics. I think they deserve to be punished partly because they manipulated their results so incredibly obviously - hitting balls into nets, etc....

Reactions: PolarBob
My Pt Chev source admits it wasn't too flash what they did but points out that Mt Albert did the same to pt chev two weeks ago. So maybe it's more common than we think

Your pt chev source. ..is in denial like many other pirate supporters.
Mt Albert have only lost 2 games all year....neither by 102 points lol.
They lost to howick...but just and howick were fighting for survival.

Mt albert are different they rotate players because they have unrivalled depth.
Many of whom who are on decent money and were bought with big transfer fees of the head.

I.e they sign quality players ....so the coach would actually need to try different combinations.

Buck777

Your pt chev source. ..is in denial like many other pirate supporters.
Mt Albert have only lost 2 games all year....neither by 102 points lol.
They lost to howick...but just and howick were fighting for survival.

Mt albert are different they rotate players because they have unrivalled depth.
Many of whom who are on decent money and were bought with big transfer fees of the head.

I.e they sign quality players ....so the coach would actually need to try different combinations.
lol. I've played many years for the lions so I could get stewed up but I think what my source is saying (btw my sources son plays for the pirates lol) could be this...Mt Albert went soft on Howick resting a few players and losing to them ( the only loss this year I think to the lions). This loss had a neg affect on pt chev but in the end didn't matter. This is the only logical thing I can take from my source as my Albert thrashed pt chev two weeks ago which doesn't indicate resting players.

lol. I've played many years for the lions so I could get stewed up but I think what my source is saying (btw my sources son plays for the pirates lol) could be this...Mt Albert went soft on Howick resting a few players and losing to them ( the only loss this year I think to the lions). This loss had a neg affect on pt chev but in the end didn't matter. This is the only logical thing I can take from my source as my Albert thrashed pt chev two weeks ago which doesn't indicate resting players.

Yeah once again in denial...Sheldon brown doesnt play for Pt chev (unless he plays reserves).
But seriously Mt Albert might of been arrogant but they had a super strong stacked team against howick regardless of rotation.

Not third graders ...who were playing to lose a la pt chev.

Good farken Job.

I have Ties to both Clubs have respected both for most of my life Kura has and will always be my number one team and PT Chev No 2

Now I know why Pt Chev are My 'number twos'

Dropping some news I got told the other day , Stacey Jones has gone back to coach Pt Chev topside after this season's "match fixing " allegations ,the club sponsors threatened to walk out if he isn't back at the helm. He has also or will resign from ARL to coach them.

Buck777

Yeah once again in denial...Sheldon brown doesnt play for Pt chev (unless he plays reserves).
But seriously Mt Albert might of been arrogant but they had a super strong stacked team against howick regardless of rotation.

Not third graders ...who were playing to lose a la pt chev.
Sheldon is still with Pt Chev but has been injured, in fact they were trying to get him back early, too early and Sheldon said no. He's just seeing who's coaching next year. Might go back to Richmond.