General Match fixing in Fox Memorial

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Just aquick update. Arl have cited Pt Chev for bringing the game into disrepute. Also an injunction has been placed on the compitition and will be heard on Wednesday.
Great news. Hopefully Marist get a citation as well. Hope Pt. Chev have to play what will obviously angered Papakura team and get a belting. Dont let it be a fine or a slap on the hand because if Pt. Chev win the comp then they wont give a crap.

The Pt Chev top side was getting on the piss laughing their heads off when the game was on. Ever since stacey has finished playing i've realised he's a grub. ARL are releasing a verdict on the issue on the topic. Not only should they be taken out of the finals, they should be relegated to Sharman and have the Marlins stay. Absolutely shameful. Grubs.

The Pt Chev top side was getting on the piss laughing their heads off when the game was on. Ever since stacey has finished playing i've realised he's a grub. ARL are releasing a verdict on the issue on the topic. Not only should they be taken out of the finals, they should be relegated to Sharman and have the Marlins stay. Absolutely shameful. Grubs.
we aren't thinking of the same Stacey are we?

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
We are indeed. He is a manager at the club. Attends every game, would have known what was happening.
Yeah old Stace and Awen set about reviving the club in 2010 when the Pirates faced bankruptcy and were regularly getting whipped in Aucklands third division in 2009. They had both played most of there junior footy there and was the reason they were such close friends at the Warriors. Awen Guttenbeil was coach and Stacey Jones, Monty Betham, Wairangi Koopu and Karl Te Nana all played that year. They kicked ass and won the Phelan Shield easy.

Buck777

Lot of history at that club. My old man played there with Shane Varleys dad. Produced a few Auckland and Kiwi players. Stacey did good reviving the club but if the allegations are true then he's undone all his good work.

Lot of history at that club. My old man played there with Shane Varleys dad. Produced a few Auckland and Kiwi players. Stacey did good reviving the club but if the allegations are true then he's undone all his good work.

True that. I probably shouldn't jump the gun but it sounds pretty true. I'm a Northcote man so it doesn't directly affect me but it's not what we like to see. If other clubs did this sort of thing they could almost choose who is relegated.

Christ if it's true how in hells name did they think they were going to get away with it. Are there any rules in place to cover such an issue, and what penalties would be imposed.

I agree its was a rubbish move and a from a coaching perspective a dumb move too.
I wouldnt mind to see them dropped from the finals.

As for putting it on stacey, he isnt even the coach or manager this year and calling him a grub....quite laughable.
He actually works for Auckland Rugby League as a development guy, running the kids tournamnets etc promoting league.

Im pretty sure he wouldnt get paid squat diddly.....doing it for the love of th game
So to label him a grub....is a bit rich.

As for hating on him...for putting some effort and professionalism into his junior club.
A lot of other clubs are just jealous and run terribly.
If your a northcote man....didnt you guys lend him a few players too

Im a south aucklander. . . and go to the odd papakura game.
I watched a tv game where papakura killed pt chev a few months back.

I would also put this on auckland league admin .....Pt Chevalier actually named their side prior to the game.
You can check on auckland rugby league website.
They named clearly a weakened team . . .yet nothing was said to them.
Funny one of the players is former jnr warrior Henry Chanting.

One thing for Pt Chev favour..... is that normally they would promote reserve players but the reserves had a must wing game to progress.

As for Manurewa .. .. . there is no way they deserve to stay in fox...they are a shambles.

Yeah tbh I dont know if we can put it on stacey
He has no official role with the club...im pretty sure they have a new coach this year. neither him or awen etc are coaching.

Im glad it appears to be an independent appeals panel...as Auckland Rugby League have history of favouring certain clubs.
Depending on the people that work there or the chairmans etc.

Clubs been handed out favourable or just str8 making up the rules to keep them safe of relegation.

PolarBob

Im glad it appears to be an independent appeals panel...as Auckland Rugby League have history of favouring certain clubs.
Depending on the people that work there or the chairmans etc.

Clubs been handed out favourable or just str8 making up the rules to keep them safe of relegation.

I'm not convinced Maxwell is that independent, Sa. But here's hoping.

Just had the coach from Pt Chev on Radio Sport denying match fixing.

Its funny how on Maori t.v on Saturday that they even heard Pt Chev were fielding a reserve grade side against Marist.

We are indeed. He is a manager at the club. Attends every game, would have known what was happening.

Wrong.

He is no longer playing or managing any teams at the club. He left to take up a position at the ARL and wasn't even at this game and had no say in team selection.

Get some facts before talking rubbish about one of NZ's greatest ever players.

Wrong.

He is no longer playing or managing any teams at the club. He left to take up a position at the ARL and wasn't even at this game and had no say in team selection.

You can't tell me that he has nothing to do with what is going on there. He's at all their games hanging round their bench and coaching staff. Ok here's a fact, he promotes Instant finance which is a company that scabs money off the poor.

You can't tell me that he has nothing to do with what is going on there. He's at all their games hanging round their bench and coaching staff. Ok here's a fact, he promotes Instant finance which is a company that scabs money off the poor.

Thats clutching at straws. Promotes a finance company therefore fixes club footy games. Turn it up.

Wrong.

He would still have some level of say. .. lets not be ignorant.
They just release statements like to protect ARL.
They would of swept under the carpet if Papakura didnt go to the media right away.

But tbh halve of the coaches in the fox would rest players in such situations.
Obviously not to the same extent.

But officially he aint the coach or manager so the buck or responsibility still doesnt fall with him.