General Marshall injured

MarkW_old

Just watched the Tigers v Cowboys game, and Marshall came off one minute before full time clutching his dodgy shoulder that he had surgery on over the off season.

Let's hope it's not going to keep him out of the Kiwis AGAIN!

Awesome game from the Cowboys too - they really dealt to the Tigers, especially in the forwards .. oh and Thurston was on fire - it's a shame he isn't interested in a Kiwi jersey.

IanR_old

MarkW said:
- it's a shame he isn't interested in a Kiwi jersey.

Not that it really matters, given he's ineligible.

Devastating to see Benji crying in the sheds after the match. Really feel for him, especially because the match was already done and dusted.

MarkW_old

IanR said:
MarkW said:

I thought Thurston was eligible for the Kiwis but declined a while back - he hasn't played for Oz yet has he? Oh well, he's still not going to put on a Kiwi jumper either way.

Yeh, I feel for Benji, that guy has some crappy luck with injury.

Etern0L_Warrior_old

Why does our young superstars always get injured? fark... i saw the game too and it looks 5 weeks at least. Can the Kiwis do it again without Benji and SBW? Whats Khunts decision now that Benji can't play..

edguy_old

well now we got no 5/8 and no half back ........great !!!!
lance has got to come back into the warriors team ....for the kiwis sake ,,,

IanR_old

MarkW said:
IanR said:
MarkW said:

I thought Thurston was eligible for the Kiwis but declined a while back - he hasn't played for Oz yet has he?

He was eligible but played for Queensland last year.

warriors4life_old

Benji has the worst luck, let's hope he can get back into it again early with confidence, like coming back from his broken jaw.

IanS_old

Bad luck for Benji as you know how much he wants to play for the Kiwis, but I'd rather see him out for the ANZAC game than the tri-series.

warriors4life_old

IanS said:
Bad luck for Benji as you know how much he wants to play for the Kiwis, but I'd rather see him out for the ANZAC game than the tri-series.

Yeah, 1 game is not much compared to 4 or 5 important games at the end of the year.

IanS_old

warriors4life said:
IanS said:

Yeah, 1 game is not much compared to 4 or 5 important games at the end of the year.

Yep. Winning the tri-series is much more important than the ANZAC test where we don't have access to all our players.

AliN_old

shame for all concerned. Being placed on report for the high shot in the first half may have got him 1 or 2 weeks on the sideline but being out with injury would be hard for him to accept I'm sure.
Did they rush him back into the competition too fast? or was it solely his decision

warriors4life_old

AliN said:
shame for all concerned. Being placed on report for the high shot in the first half may have got him 1 or 2 weeks on the sideline but being out with injury would be hard for him to accept I'm sure.
Did they rush him back into the competition too fast? or was it solely his decision

He would have had some say unto when he would return for the Tigers. Obviously, he felt he was match fit and his jaw was OK to play, but the shoulder injury is completely different to the jaw. I suppose he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

*Kimmy*_old

Man that sucks. I feel sorry for him :( and the fact he cant play for the kiwis again!!

madbaz_old

https://www.nrl.com/News/Latest/NewsArticle/tabid/76/NewsId/729/Default.aspx

The playing future of talented young Wests Tigers star Benji Marshall hangs in the balance after he dislocated his right shoulder during his side's 32-12 NRL loss to an unbeaten North Queensland.

Marshall will miss up to eight weeks, including playing five-eighth for New Zealand in the May 5 Anzac Test in Brisbane.

It is the latest in a string of shoulder problems, raising the spectre of a premature end to his bright career.

Marshall missed New Zealand's historic Tri Nations series win over Australia in Great Britain last year to have his left shoulder surgically reconstructed.

That was already his third such operation in four years and he still is only 21 years old, while other injuries include his recent fractured cheek bone.

Fortunately Marshall's right shoulder went back in again this time after popping out from the force of an attempted tackle on powerhouse Cowboys prop Carl Webb in the closing minutes of Friday night's game, sparing him further surgery.

The young pivot left the field immediately, looking downcast and he broke down in tears on reaching the Tigers' dressing room, realising he faced another extended period on the sidelines less than two weeks after returning from his cheek injury.

Marshall is set to have tests on his shoulder but at best will not be back on the field for at least six weeks and possibly not for another two months.

By then the defending NRL premiers could be well behind the eight ball.

The Tigers appear to rely on their dazzling five-eighth as much as, if not more than, Newcastle depend on champion halfback Andrew Johns to get them over the line.

Their winning record without him is poor and, despite coach Tim Sheens' efforts to play down his loss, it's a savage blow for the Tigers whose only two wins from five games have been when Marshall played.

"I really feel for the kid," Sheens said.

"It's part of footy. Our medical staff will take care of it (Marshall's shoulder). I can't sit here and cry about it and neither can he, he knows that.

"I not trying to be cold about it, I'm just saying don't ask us to stop and cry about it because we've got a season in front of us and we've got to get on with."

Sheens also kept a lid on his feelings regarding referee Steve Clark's performance with the whistle after the Tigers came out on the wrong side of a heavy 14-8 penalty count.

Sheens said he would take his grievances with Clark to higher officials in a bid to "thrash out" problems the side seemed to have with the referee.

"Our discipline and our penalty count with the referee is obviously an issue for us," Sheens said.

"I've got an issue with him (Clark) ... against Canterbury it was the same thing so we're going to thrash it out in the right channels which I will be doing."

Must be hard for the poor kid. All our top players at the mo are so injury prone

corey_old

this sucks hopefully this will be the last injury, i want to see him around for another 10 years yet.

*Kimmy*_old

Man...*sigh*

Now he's more injury prone...when Sonny Bill comes back he'll be the next 'superstar' and the media will love him again. Or they'll turn to some other young kiwi