General Mark Tookey

patty_old

I was reading in the newspaper that mark tookey is coming back to australia and is going to play queensland cup. i havnt heard much of this guy during his time in england but with our props stock being pretty low and the left over money from faumuina i though we could at least TRY and offer him a contract...even he he does throw it up in our face.

warriorfaithful*_old

Yeah tookey is the man! :) But i think we pretty much have the propping positions covered and herefore i dont feel we need the big fella.

-Dr.J-_old

HAAHAHAHHHAhAHaHhhAHHAhA

*breathes*

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAAHAHHHHAhAHAHaHah

*gasp*

BWAHAHAHHAAHAHhahhAHhAhAhAhaHahahaHa

*urinates down leg*

warriorfaithful*_old

-Dr.J- said:
HAAHAHAHHHAhAHaHhhAHHAhA

*breathes*

*gasp*

*urinates down leg*
What!? :?

*~*Fa'AhVaN*~*_old

-Dr.J- said:
HAAHAHAHHHAhAHaHhhAHHAhA

*breathes*

*gasp*

*urinates down leg*

hahahahaha :lol:

*~*Fa'AhVaN*~*_old

patty said:
I was reading in the newspaper that mark tookey is coming back to australia and is going to play queensland cup. i havnt heard much of this guy during his time in england but with our props stock being pretty low and the left over money from faumuina i though we could at least TRY and offer him a contract...even he he does throw it up in our face.

i reacon we could do a lot better than him, i thought we were tryin to sign sbw wernt we :?

warriorfaithful*_old

*~*Fa'AhVaN*~* said:
patty said:

i reacon we could do a lot better than him, i thought we were tryin to sign sbw wernt we :?
He comes of contract next year. Wether or not we go for him.. i duno.

Jesbass_old

patty said:

Lol! It's the thought that counts! ;)

Tookey is going to the Queensland Cup for a reason. He hasn't been in great form over in England, and he's far too long in the tooth for us to be recruiting.

Add to that the fact that prop is one of our most covered positions, and our need for a back rower, and Tookey remains in Queensland.

warriors4life_old

No way is Tookey up to NRL standard anymore, he was mediocre at best for us just before he left and struggled to make the side. Since then he hasn't improved on his game so the Warriors management would be foolish to even suggest signing him.

Also, we do not need another prop for now. Steve Price and Ruben Wiki will remain the starting front rowers with Tuimavave off the bench and Rapira another who can play well there. And we have young guys like Russell Packer who need first-grade experience and game time before we even think of looking at a guy like Tookey.

Jesbass_old

warriors4life said:
No way is Tookey up to NRL standard anymore, he was mediocre at best for us just before he left and struggled to make the side. Since then he hasn't improved on his game so the Warriors management would be foolish to even suggest signing him.

Also, we do not need another prop for now. Steve Price and Ruben Wiki will remain the starting front rowers with Tuimavave off the bench and Rapira another who can play well there. And we have young guys like Russell Packer who need first-grade experience and game time before we even think of looking at a guy like Tookey.

Don't forget about Lauaki, who can also play there and alternate between there and the back row. I've even seen Hohaia at prop for a scrum! :lol:

blez_old

I don't think Tookey would fit into the Warriors squad (pun INtended)

I'm sure I read in another thread about the Warriors depth in the props department aswell.

warriors4life_old

Jesbass said:
warriors4life said:

Don't forget about Lauaki, who can also play there and alternate between there and the back row. I've even seen Hohaia at prop for a scrum! :lol:

I suppose Lauaki can play prop but I see him more as a second rower, that's where he has started for the Warriors before.

Also, in the match against the Panthers last year at Mt Smart the Panthers dropped the ball just before halftime about 20 metres out with about 15 seconds to go and the Warriors were trying to pack the scrum so quickly that Stacey went into prop. But the ref called time off and the Warriors scored off that play through Skinny Byrne anyway so it all turned out OK, but we did lose in the end.

moonfire_old

If we resigned Tookey I would not require a christmas present this year.... That said it would be a bad signing lol. He may be my faviourte player but he wasn't that brilliant in any other year but 2002.

2big2strong_old

anyone packs into anywhere in a scrum because if one team is trying to stall, the ref can't call time off until one team is ready for a scrum. In the Newcastle v Manly final a couple weeks back Joey Johns packed in at lock and George Carmont was prop, Kurt Gidley was hooker, and Brian Carney was feeding the scrum, it was messy but Rugby league scrums are as useless as tits on a bull anyway, bring back the contested scrums i say.

*~*Fa'AhVaN*~*_old

2black2strong said:
anyone packs into anywhere in a scrum because if one team is trying to stall, the ref can't call time off until one team is ready for a scrum. In the Newcastle v Manly final a couple weeks back Joey Johns packed in at lock and George Carmont was prop, Kurt Gidley was hooker, and Brian Carney was feeding the scrum, it was messy but Rugby league scrums are as useless as tits on a bull anyway, bring back the contested scrums i say.

warriorfaithful*_old

*~*Fa'AhVaN*~* said:
2black2strong said:
I think the scrums are good the way they are. I mean the opposition has a chance to get a tighthead if they want to contest. And besides i feel the reason for a scrum is to provide an opportunity to set an attacking play within the backs.

2big2strong_old

warriorfaithful* said:
*~*Fa'AhVaN*~* said:
2black2strong said:
I think the scrums are good the way they are. I mean the opposition has a chance to get a tighthead if they want to contest. And besides i feel the reason for a scrum is to provide an opportunity to set an attacking play within the backs.

not really, i mean, all you have to do is throw it behind your own locks foot and its play on.