Player Mark Tookey

patty_old

Mark Tookey

Mark Tookey 2001 1

I was reading in the newspaper that mark tookey is coming back to australia and is going to play queensland cup. i havnt heard much of this guy during his time in england but with our props stock being pretty low and the left over money from faumuina i though we could at least TRY and offer him a contract...even he he does throw it up in our face.

Last edited by a moderator:

warriorfaithful*_old

Yeah tookey is the man! :) But i think we pretty much have the propping positions covered and herefore i dont feel we need the big fella.

-Dr.J-_old

HAAHAHAHHHAhAHaHhhAHHAhA

*breathes*

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAAHAHHHHAhAHAHaHah

*gasp*

BWAHAHAHHAAHAHhahhAHhAhAhAhaHahahaHa

*urinates down leg*

warriorfaithful*_old

-Dr.J- said:
HAAHAHAHHHAhAHaHhhAHHAhA

*breathes*

*gasp*

*urinates down leg*
What!? :?

*~*Fa'AhVaN*~*_old

-Dr.J- said:
HAAHAHAHHHAhAHaHhhAHHAhA

*breathes*

*gasp*

*urinates down leg*

hahahahaha :lol:

*~*Fa'AhVaN*~*_old

patty said:
I was reading in the newspaper that mark tookey is coming back to australia and is going to play queensland cup. i havnt heard much of this guy during his time in england but with our props stock being pretty low and the left over money from faumuina i though we could at least TRY and offer him a contract...even he he does throw it up in our face.

i reacon we could do a lot better than him, i thought we were tryin to sign sbw wernt we :?

warriorfaithful*_old

*~*Fa'AhVaN*~* said:
patty said:

i reacon we could do a lot better than him, i thought we were tryin to sign sbw wernt we :?
He comes of contract next year. Wether or not we go for him.. i duno.

Jesbass_old

patty said:

Lol! It's the thought that counts! ;)

Tookey is going to the Queensland Cup for a reason. He hasn't been in great form over in England, and he's far too long in the tooth for us to be recruiting.

Add to that the fact that prop is one of our most covered positions, and our need for a back rower, and Tookey remains in Queensland.

warriors4life_old

No way is Tookey up to NRL standard anymore, he was mediocre at best for us just before he left and struggled to make the side. Since then he hasn't improved on his game so the Warriors management would be foolish to even suggest signing him.

Also, we do not need another prop for now. Steve Price and Ruben Wiki will remain the starting front rowers with Tuimavave off the bench and Rapira another who can play well there. And we have young guys like Russell Packer who need first-grade experience and game time before we even think of looking at a guy like Tookey.

Jesbass_old

warriors4life said:
No way is Tookey up to NRL standard anymore, he was mediocre at best for us just before he left and struggled to make the side. Since then he hasn't improved on his game so the Warriors management would be foolish to even suggest signing him.

Also, we do not need another prop for now. Steve Price and Ruben Wiki will remain the starting front rowers with Tuimavave off the bench and Rapira another who can play well there. And we have young guys like Russell Packer who need first-grade experience and game time before we even think of looking at a guy like Tookey.

Don't forget about Lauaki, who can also play there and alternate between there and the back row. I've even seen Hohaia at prop for a scrum! :lol:

blez_old

I don't think Tookey would fit into the Warriors squad (pun INtended)

I'm sure I read in another thread about the Warriors depth in the props department aswell.

warriors4life_old

Jesbass said:
warriors4life said:

Don't forget about Lauaki, who can also play there and alternate between there and the back row. I've even seen Hohaia at prop for a scrum! :lol:

I suppose Lauaki can play prop but I see him more as a second rower, that's where he has started for the Warriors before.

Also, in the match against the Panthers last year at Mt Smart the Panthers dropped the ball just before halftime about 20 metres out with about 15 seconds to go and the Warriors were trying to pack the scrum so quickly that Stacey went into prop. But the ref called time off and the Warriors scored off that play through Skinny Byrne anyway so it all turned out OK, but we did lose in the end.

moonfire_old

If we resigned Tookey I would not require a christmas present this year.... That said it would be a bad signing lol. He may be my faviourte player but he wasn't that brilliant in any other year but 2002.

IanR_old

RS_Dragon said:
IanR said:
Or, we can elect to go for decent players.

Decent players don't play for 3 NRL clubs? or play in a grand final team or play ESL?

4, 5, 6, years ago. I don't remember him doing anything in the ESL either.

He used to be good, but not now.

Northern_Union

Thats your opinion. But then i haven't seen you playing ESL lately or making a GF team;)

tookeytookey_old

IanR said:
RS_Dragon said:
IanR said:

Decent players don't play for 3 NRL clubs? or play in a grand final team or play ESL?

wot u dont like the site of me chrgng onto the ball like a fr8 train? u got somthng agnst bloks who drive minis?

aftr the way u fullas hav treated jonboy im happy 2 b gng 2 the qld cup. iv watchd u fullas giv it 2 fran, jerry, la, awen, frodo, vinne barbarino, toopso, montz, jobo, sullo, coxo, odenryano, henzo, ando boss man, the worlds bst playa jonboy, gorilao - u fullas sit bhnd ur keybrds & hav no ida how hrd it is to play 1st grd fotball. u hv to chng ur diet, i had to go from 12 meat pies a week to 10, u hv to gv up a lot of ur lfe lk hvng 2 trn 4 2 hrs a day is hrd, u hv to mk appntmnts with ppl like mssuers, u hv to get advc frm ppl like finncl plnnrs & tax ppl to kp as mch $$ as poss, u hv 2 hv ur name thruout thngz lk wmans day & tht srt of stff.

ianr u hv bn a cnstnt bain for us plyas. thrs othrs 2. u knw who u r. i lk ppl lk faahvan or skny byrn or ths othrs who thnk we can do no wrng coz whn thy been tlkng to us aftr sgnng thr Telletubbies, Sesme Strt, Mppt Show or Bb the Bldr t-shrts wth thr felt pens thy knw insttly the hrd lfe we hv as fotbllrs. its hard.

jonboy, im not in london 4 mch lngr, gng bck to qld cup, hit me up jono, wll hv sm fun. bars,butchrys,maccas,kebabs, mayb evn get on the net & prtnd wre otha fams ppl and have naive ppl blv us...

ianr, i lay dwn the gtlet, u crtcs me when ppl here stll c me as a gr8 plya (thnks, luv u lots mum) jn a clb in qld cup & ill take u on bro. i may mss u in dfnce a few times, u may get a few tries, but evntlly the tooks mchne wll chrn ova in2 squash mode.

warriors4life_old

tookeytookey said:
IanR said:
RS_Dragon said:
IanR said:

jonboy, im not in london 4 mch lngr, gng bck to qld cup

Na, Iafeta Paleaaesina still has a couple more years left at Wigan.