General Mark it down

Pop_old

I'd like to see the Warriors with ALL NZ boys, and a NZ coach. Whilst there doesn't appear to be any team disharmony on these grounds, it's noticable that they play much better in Tests than club play, and I don't think you can give Bennett all the credit for that. Maybe it would create and us against them mentality which doesn't exist now. I realise that contracts exist for the next few years, but this would be a long term goal. Surely there are, or will be, enough good young NZ players to permanently fill another 5 or 6 spots in the team, and I wouldn't be signing ANYBODY over say 29, Steve Price or no Steve Price. You'd build a team with a 3-4 year, and onwards, goal.

Spence_old

While I like the idea of having mainly NZ players, I love what players like McKinnon and Price bring to this club. If there is a good aussie that wants to come over, I say welcome him with open arms. But if we are tossing up between a journeyman Aussie and a journeyman New Zealander, I hope we get the later.

romel_old

And STILL they talk like Stacey Jones may get resigned for next year. We found out in 2004 that the ageing process had set in, he stopped being able to run the ball then and yet 5 years on we are still undecided??!?!!!

That's one of the major problems with this club. We just don't learn. We keep selecting the same **** week in week out because we're faithful to our underperformers. We bring back Swann and Jones because we're faithful and they're club heroes. We take forever to drop perenial salary cap eaters and underperformers like last year with Ruben Wiki.

I want the coach to get a nutsack and make some ballsy decisions. Surely the operative goal is to win f***ing football games. How the f*** can you win with Stacey at halfback walking like an old pensioner, Kemp on the wing running around like a headless chook, Ropati in the centres who has NFI, McKinnon at the back who is like playing Grand Theft Auto on a Commodore 64, Lillyman who was the worst ever selection for State of Origin running around with his mate Luck both of whom are the slowest backrowers with the worst ball skills in the competition... ARGHHH!!!!

It's enough to make you want to scream. The problems are glaringly obvious (*cough* everything *cough*). I can only imagine the devastation and the time lost in pre-season training with the Fai loss, but I'm pretty sure he'd want them to have a crack. It's time for some of the young blokes, it's time for a culture change. It's time to change the culture at the club from a culture that says 'I'll wait 12 weeks for you to get your **** together because we are loyal' to a culture that say 'I don't care what your name is, if you aren't performing I'll put in some bloke who will have a crack.'

I'm absolutely devastated, I cannot believe these blokes who are performing like 1974 Datsuns. It's like watching an old cowboys and indians movie at the start where you see a big ole steam locomotive coming out of a tunnel in the middle of nowhere USA, with about 20 cowboys with guns and lassoos waiting outside and stopping the train... you know whats going to happen (the motherf'n train is going to get its **** robbed) and you can't stop it. At least back on those days some of the train hands would have a crack and try and fight back. These blokes are timid, they're weak, they're slow and they lack ability. Look at your bloody shirts, Fai's signature is right there above the logo. If that isn't enough to inspire you then piss off and get the hell out of my club.

AHHAHAAH i feel you brada im sharing the same pain couldnt help but crack up to everything u have posted was extactly my thoughts LOL

romel_old

I'd like to see the Warriors with ALL NZ boys, and a NZ coach. Whilst there doesn't appear to be any team disharmony on these grounds, it's noticable that they play much better in Tests than club play, and I don't think you can give Bennett all the credit for that. Maybe it would create and us against them mentality which doesn't exist now. I realise that contracts exist for the next few years, but this would be a long term goal. Surely there are, or will be, enough good young NZ players to permanently fill another 5 or 6 spots in the team, and I wouldn't be signing ANYBODY over say 29, Steve Price or no Steve Price. You'd build a team with a 3-4 year, and onwards, goal.

ur spot on keep it kiwi the way our club is meant to be. i was all for having aussies play for us but now i see the damage it is causing our development.we are better off in the long run to develop our own kiwi players for our nz team and of course our beloved warroirs. if they want the game to expand in nz we need to have ALL kiwis in the side. the more nrl kiwi players we have with experience the better.

but bennet for coach :p

Last edited by a moderator:

garyhobson_old

I can really only think of 2 nz coaches qualified enough to coach this Warriors team. Brian McClennen and Stephen Kearney. Both would be great. If Kearney was to coach the Warriors i would want him to step down from the kiwi coaching job, for him to 100% concentrate on the Warriors.

Ive never been a fan of Ivan Cleary as coach, his conservative approach, and his player selections. But your never going to make everyone happy with player selections. But i cant bag him, hes done a good job, hes got the Warriors into the top 8 two years in a row. Repaired the damage from the 2004 exodus of players, and 2005 Tony Kemp campaign. I still have faith that he can get this team to the top 8 this year too.

As for aussies in this team. I dont mind, aslong as they are players the calibre of Brent Tate or Steve Price. Or are young, potential, and clearly have a long term future in the nrl and can add something to this side, for example PJ Marsh in 2002. We do not need players like Aidan Kirk, or Michael Luck, we can find these sort of players in the Bartercard Cup or rather use our Vulcans or nyc side to select these type of players.

Positions 1,6,7,9 I would like them to be all new zealand players.

Last edited by a moderator:

romel_old

I can really only think of 2 nz coaches qualified enough to coach this Warriors team. Brian McClennen and Stephen Kearney. Both would be great. If Kearney was to coach the Warriors i would want him to step down from the kiwi coaching job, for him to 100% concentrate on the Warriors.

Ive never been a fan of Ivan Cleary as coach, his conservative approach, and his player selections. But your never going to make everyone happy with player selections. But i cant bag him, hes done a good job, hes got the Warriors into the top 8 two years in a row. Repaired the damage from the 2004 exodus of players, and 2005 Tony Kemp campaign. I still have faith that he can get this team to the top 8 this year too.

As for aussies in this team. I dont mind, aslong as they are players the calibre of Brent Tate or Steve Price. Or are young, potential, and clearly have a long term future in the nrl and can add something to this side, for example PJ Marsh in 2002. We do not need players like Aidan Kirk, or Michael Luck, we can find these sort of players in the Bartercard Cup or rather use our Vulcans or nyc side to select these type of players.

Positions 1,6,7,9 I would like them to be all new zealand players.

yeah why didnt we pick up Brian McClennen hes an awesome coach?

Kearney would be soo valuable being under bellamys wing too

Jesbass_old

ur spot on keep it kiwi the way our club is meant to be. i was all for having aussies play for us but now i see the damage it is causing our development.we are better off in the long run to develop our own kiwi players for our nz team and of course our beloved warroirs. if they want the game to expand in nz we need to have ALL kiwis in the side. the more nrl kiwi players we have with experience the better.

but bennet for coach :p

Do you honestly feel that having Price in the Warriors has been detrimental to the way league is perceived in New Zealand? I think he's had the opposite effect.

Pop_old

Steve Price has been good for the Warriors, on and off the field. I'm generalising about importing Australian players. Take the Aussies out of the team.There are any number of good NZ players, playing in the same positions as the Aussies,but in other NRL teams. The salary cap $ saved by not signing the Aussies would surely have enticed some of those to stay in NZ.

Iafeta_old

I doubt if Ivan will make many changes. It is not in his nature.

If Stacey get's an extension, this club is a joke.

Unfortuneatly, he is some of the cause of our problem.

How come Newcastle can find a replacement for the greatest halfback ever, yet we cannot find a replace for one of the Kiwis best ? Except himself past his due date.

The holding on of Ravs for 3 years is really starting to haunt us.

You know the great thing about Newcastle, Swanley? They didn't just replace Andrew Johns.... they replaced him in triplicate manner. Dureau, Mullen and Walsh would all be starters here by the length of my Johnson, and that's a long long way.

Warrioraholic_old

If we have an all NZ team I will support someone else, probably the rabbits as they have a few kiwis in there. Its the Vodafone warriors people not the New Zealand warriors, get over it