General Manu Vatuvei Is My Homeboy

MarkW_old

Attachments

• Manu_Menshb.jpg
    Manu_Menshb.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 21

DanKokoro_old

I hate that site tho.. they blatantly rip off a number of their ideas from an American brand called local celebrity
www.localcelebrity.com

including that manu shirt..

Last edited by a moderator:

DanKokoro_old

he did look like he had a bit of a chubs face when he had his beard though... but totally, some wrinkles around the eyes and that'd be reuben wiki

MarkW_old

I hate that site tho.. they blatantly rip off a number of their ideas from an American brand called local celebrity
www.localcelebrity.com

Yeah, some of their ideas aren't entirely original. They just tend to Kiwi-fy things.

The Manu shirt is basically a play on (or rip-off if you like) of the Jesus Is My Homeboy concept.
https://www.jesusismyhomeboy.com/

Still, it's cool to see how much the Warriors have become a part of NZ popular culture these days.

☆ИITЯO ßOY✯_old

I'd rather call it a parody than a rip-off :), they should have put a photo of Manu's actual face IMO lol would have been funnier

Lego_Man_old

www.localcelebrity.com

You're just jealous because they're stealing your fashion tastes...

But yeah that's extremely blatant - they even have their own version of "got your tickets" (not as cool, or is it?)

I would wear that Manu t-shirt, although its probably not appropriate for a little white guy like me.

LOL - "auckland - where i lay my mac down"

DanKokoro_old

I'd rather call it a parody than a rip-off :), they should have put a photo of Manu's actual face IMO lol would have been funnier

It would be a parody if local celebrity was a well known brand.. You have to get them delivered from the states. I own a number of their shirts and i've only ever seen one other person in Auckland wearing one.. They're relying on the fact that noone knows local celebrity and has seen any of their prints, and they're pawning them off as original ideas.

Sorry it just really grates me because everyone thinks they're these really funny, hip, original New Zealanders with cool, fresh ideas for T-shirts.. but they're not.

Spence_old

Not really new, I've had one for a year or so. But I agree, they are awesome :D