General Manu Vatuvei Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Decided to create a thread to congratulate my favourite player Manu Vatuvei on his 10 years of service to the club. It will be officially celebrated during the Storm game at Mt Smart this weekend (Sunday, July 28 2:00 PM).

Manu 'The Beast' Vatuvei

Warriors
Stats

Games - 160*
Tries - 111
Points - 444

10 years of Manu Vatuvei

Kiwis
Stats

Games - 20
Tries - 13
Points - 52
2005 Tri Nations Champions
2008 Rugby League World Champions
2010 Four Nations Champions

Manu kiwis

NRL All Stars
Stats

Games -2
Tries - 0
Points - 0

Manu all stars

Career Milestones

• NRL Debut 23 May Round 11 vs Rabbitohs
  • International Debut for Kiwis 16 October 2005 Tri Nations vs Kangaroos
  • Scores 2 tries in 2005 Tri Nations Final vs Kangaroos 24-0
  • 2005 Tri Nations Winners
  • NRL 50th game 7th July Round 17 vs Cowboys
  • Warriors Top TryScorer (16)
  • NZRL World Cup most try record (4) vs England
  • 2008 RLWC Winners
  • International Winger of the Year
  • Warriors Top Try Scorer (13)
  • Represents club for All Stars game
  • NRL 100th game 6th June Round 13 vs Dragons
  • Clubs top try scorer of all time surpassing Stacey Jones 77 in the Qualifying Final vs Titans
  • Top Try Scorer (20)
  • Awarded Warriors Player of the Year
  • Awarded Vodafone One Tribe Player of the Year
  • 2010 Four Nations Winners
Manu vatuvei award 2

• Warriors Top Try Scorer (12)
  • Played in NRL Grand Final loss to Manly scoring 1 try.
  • Represents club for All Stars game
  • Captain debut for club 29th July Round 21 vs Manly
  • 100th NRL try and first ton in Warriors history 11th August Round 23 vs Cowboys
  • 150th NRL game 19th August Round 24 vs Panthers
  • Warriors equal Top Try Scorer (12)
  • 10 Year Testimonial 2nd June Round 20 vs Storm
Manu,

Want to thank you for all your 10 years of hard work and loyalty to the Warriors. You have been a firm favourite of mine for the longest time and you have provided me with many great moments and memories. My personal favourite being the role you played in Witts try in the Qualifying Final of 2008 against the Storm. Also your kick returns or early set hitups are a weekly joy.

Hasnt been easy with injuries and all but you have risen above it all and come out better at the other end. You come across as a very humble person and no doubt your strong faith in God has had a big influence in this and the way you confront your obstacles. You've been an inspiration to all Kiwis and a great ambassador for Rugby League in general. I hope you continue to play for many years to come and even continue as an ambassador for the game when you decide to hang up your hat.

Also want to thank your wife and children for the sacrifaces they have also made in supporting your career and sharing you with us. Thanks Jennifer.

Malo aupito siana...
Manu family

*PS thanks for the thousands you have won me as 1st try scorer over the years. Those winnings are responsible for the bulk of my jersey collection so thanks heaps :D...

Reactions: 28 users
surfin

surfin

Good stuff, and I'm with you there 100%, I'll take the occasional NOOOOOOOOOOO Manu for all the YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Manus I've had over the years.

Reactions: 5 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Should have added that you guys are more then welcome to leave your own personal messages to the Beast. That was the purpose of the thread anyway. Cheers...

Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Manu,

Every so often a player comes along who is instantly recognisable by their one name. That player is admired by sportsmen of all codes and persuasions and adored by fans of all sports and even rival clubs. Names like Benji, Locky, Arthur,... and Manu. Well done for your achievements on the field and the way you have proudly represented your family, culture, club and country. Like the players mentioned you too deserve a Premiership win.

Thank you for the pleasure you have given to a sports loving nation and being a great player and an even greater human being.

Gav

Reactions: 3 users
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Administrator
Manu,

Has it been 10 years already? You've transformed a position and made a career for at least one coach in the NRL through the 'bomb to Manu' play. Through countless injuries, you constantly surprise us all by returning to an integral part of this side. One thing has always been evident however, your passion for the club is un-matched and as a fan there is little more important. With any luck we'll finally pick up that premiership to cap off what has been an outstanding career. All the best for the rest of your career!

Kris

Reactions: 1 users
Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor
Jesus im a little choked up. Manu as to be up there as nearly the greatest warrior of all time.
Stacey still prob 1, but jeez. 10yrs of the hard yards, big hits and cracking tries. Legend.

Reactions: 2 users
mode81

mode81

Impressive career so far, many more chapters to be written yet but I salute you Manu... true Warriors great, the man the myth, the legend continues....

Reactions: 1 user
Miket12

Miket12

Manu, ever since the beast arrived in First Grade, you've been one of my favourites. The tries, the speed, the power, the passion. And the way you have kept coming back from injury is inspirational.

But with all the fame, you've never forgotten the fans, especially the kids. You see, I shop at the same supermarket as you. Even when you're tired and probably just 'had enough', you've still got time for the kids, young and old, to stop, sign things or just acknowledge them when they want to say hi to the Beast.

You Sir, are a Legend.

Miket

Reactions: 4 users
Sup42

Sup42

Hey Manu.

I've Followed the game for a long time and all of my favorite memories are attached to memories of watching games as a family.

Two things come to mind when I think of what you have done for the game

Shock and Awe

Pride

If you were an All Black Keith Quinn Would have lost his Job for all the OH OHHHH OHHHHH OHHHHO MANU !!!! he would have been doing.

Shock and Awe :

I took my little girl to her first league game , unlike her brothers she had to be bribed to come lol

We sat there , she was bored , and then James Maloney kicked long and high to your wing , unlike a lot of 'kicks to Manu ' there was too much ground to cover for any normal player to get there.......My Little girl and I watched you turn on blinding speed and cover too much ground to believe , catch that kick like it was a pass and race in to score

" Whoa .......how did he do that Dad...is that training ? "

" I don't know....it's a gift from god "

Pride

Me and one of my brothers watched a game where every time you got the ball the Winger marking you either ' jumped out of the way ' or fair dinkum ' ran away ' from you.

Never seen that in a professional Rugby league game LOL shot bro made us proud you were wearing the Black and White V.

RobRoyMcCoy

RobRoyMcCoy

Hi Manu,

What you have acheived so far for the Warriors and the Kiwis is the story of a legend in the making.
I also believe that you and the boys can win the premiership this year and I would love to see you hold that trophy aloft.
You are a credit to your family, your community and the club. Well done Manu.

Rob C

Xfactor

Manu,

You are our 'true warrior' bro! You epitomize all that is great about our club. You are the humble, noble, gold-toothed gentle giant that millions amongst the league fraternity have grown to love and respect. The nickname 'The Beast' may be a fair description of your on-field persona, but clearly off the field you are anything but.
You are a tribute to your family, your culture, and your country and an ideal role-model for any young boy!
Thanks for the strength & heart you have shown this club, and for the pride and sacrifice you have displayed for your team.
There will never be another like you Manu.

Woz

SomehowStillKeepingFaith

SomehowStillKeepingFaith

Manu
Congrats on all you've achieved as a Warrior and Kiwi, and thanks for the awesome hairstyles/beardstyles over the years. Unleash the beast on the Storm for us.

Jaded

Congratulations on 10 years at the Warriors Manu! It's been great to watch. Here's hoping for 10 more.

Well, a few more at least.

Also, you should keep the beard. It looks awesome!

Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
(Great work Mt W)

Hey Manu

Thanks for 10 years of memories, no-one's face reflects our club like yours and Stacey's

You have had some great moments and have proven in recent weeks that you still have wheels! But I'd like to thank you most for your faithfulness and role modelling for the people that look to the Warriors for guidance. You can be proud with the way in which you hold yourself and hopefully that will give you great satisfaction when you eventually retire. Thanks for staying faithful and re-signing, hopefully this loyalty will reward you with a premiership ring!

Dan H

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Manu Vatuvei is the reason we watch the Warriors - pride, passion, aggression, skill.

Reactions: 2 users
Warriorholic

Warriorholic

Not to derail but what about some Wopati love, he has served the club well too. Shame his career has been cut short

fanrrior

fanrrior

Vatuvei, since the day I considered myself a fan of this club I have always seen you as the epitome of not only the Warriors as in the team but as a bonafide Warrior as well.

Like the multiple teammates you've seen come and go in your time, you have always been extremely talented and naturally gifted. When you scored a try down the corner or jump high above your opposing winger you made it seem easy, when, deep down, we knew that it truly wasn't.

As such, high expectations have, perhaps unfairly, been thrusted upon you. And yet, when faced with these expectations, you have always tried your hardest to live up to them and then go further beyond. Whilst the first sentence is almost considered typical in regards to a player from the Warriors, it is the second statement that proves why you are infact a Warrior.

Some will remember you for the great times you have given, other will remember you for what you "could" have been, but we, as Warrior fans, should all remember you for the effort you have given when representing that jersey.

It is for that reason that I hope you continue to experience good form for however long your career lasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.