TeamList Warriors vs Titans - [Round 8, 2024]

Just containing him will be huge achievement, I don't expect Jake to outplay Fifita in first starting game, let's be realistic. Could happen though Wrighty.
When I was trying out for rep age group cricket you start getting the better coaching and told the IP they keep in the top cookie jar for good players. We were told to go to bed at 7:30pm and sleep a massive amount the night before and your reactions will be 10% quicker the next day. It worked on the days I tried it but requires discipline to go to bed that early. This is the game of his life. And I hope he heeds that advice on Wednesday night. He needs to eat well with the recommended game diet and prepare his body and mind for the game. Don't worry about any more skills practice. Too late for that now. Just be ready young man. I believe in you Jacob.

When I was trying out for rep age group cricket you start getting the better coaching and told the IP they keep in the top cookie jar for good players. We were told to go to bed at 7:30pm and sleep a massive amount the night before and your reactions will be 10% quicker the next day. It worked on the days I tried it but requires discipline to go to bed that early. This is the game of his life. And I hope he heeds that advice on Wednesday night. He needs to eat well with the recommended game diet and prepare his body and mind for the game. Don't worry about any more skills practice. Too late for that now. Just be ready young man. I believe in you Jacob.
I'm getting nervous for him now, it is the biggest moment of his young career, we'll be right there alongside him when he runs out to meet his destiny on Thursday. Hope he gets a good night's sleep as you say wrighty. He's almost like a son to us in way, isn't he.
Who's actually marking Fifita when he comes on anyway, Jacob or Ford?

Let's be realistic here. I'm hoping for a solid performance from Laban. If he can get through anywhere near 60+minutes of playing his role I'll be happy. Expecting a 19 year old in his first start who still has a lot of filling out to do, to outplay Fifita is nonsense. The kid is going to put up a good showing but let's not get carried away.

Let's be realistic here. I'm hoping for a solid performance from Laban. If he can get through anywhere near 60+minutes of playing his role I'll be happy. Expecting a 19 year old in his first start who still has a lot of filling out to do, to outplay Fifita is nonsense. The kid is going to put up a good showing but let's not get carried away.
Will be interesting to see how they shuffle the deck.

Walker I guess allows Tofu to move prop, Barnett to move edge, Laban to bench for a break and possibly back on late depending on the balance of game.

Something of that description, as nothing else really lines up.

No one said that. Am saying that the game hinges on him to put in the solid showing you describe in this post above.

Thrilled we have named the team and probable bench on tuesday rather than cloak and daggers slipping Zyon Maiu’u in at the last minute.
I don't think the mystery was helping us in anyway as no opposing coach would bother preparing a counter strategy for a debutant playing 15 minutes anyway. All of the defensive preparation goes on to our star players,
Question as I am still new to league and have always wondered this

Warriors Ins

Warriors Outs​

Why are there numerically more ins and than outs? How can this be possible? Sorry for the Noob question but would appreciate an explanation if my question makes sense. You would think mathematically if 5 new players go in then 5 other guys must be coming out?
Here’s some more on that

The only thing that worries me, is the titans being winless
Prehaps we can get the army to do a 21 gun salute if the titans get a try and then have the match ball delivering air force chopper to hover over the end of pitch if they don't get the message.
Navy already done their bit getting Foran drunk the night before and "forgetting" him and Fifita are locked in the brig.

Is SJ lame?
Thrilled we have named the team and probable bench on tuesday rather than cloak and daggers slipping Zyon Maiu’u in at the last minute.
I don't think the mystery was helping us in anyway as no opposing coach would bother preparing a counter strategy for a debutant playing 15 minutes anyway. All of the defensive preparation goes on to our star players,
Question as I am still new to league and have always wondered this

Warriors Ins

Warriors Outs​

Why are there numerically more ins and than outs? How can this be possible? Sorry for the Noob question but would appreciate an explanation if my question makes sense. You would think mathematically if 5 new players go in then 5 other guys must be coming out?
More ins are listed for the reserves. (Players outside the 17 selected) this is to cover any injuries or some rookie debuts in a game. A reserve player can slot in up to 24 hours to cover anyone that may need to drop out of the 17. The reserves are all cut once the 17 are locked in. 18th man can come into a game if any foul play causes a player to be taken off the field.

Wow, young gun Laban starting…..good time to throw him in. Pretty excited for him, hope he keeps a cool head and grasps measured opportunities. Great to have Walker back too…..gotta expect TMM not to over play his hand and remember he’s in a team….no “I” in team but unfortunately theres a “ME” in team too. Wish Marata was back to aim up against Fifita. Let’s go boys.

This is make or break for everyone asking for our youngsters to be given a go.

Despite results, the Titans are playing well

And it's a must win game on a big occasion...

Another banana skin game for me.
Despite being down on troops, short turnaround, desperate opposition, and a potential banana skin, this is simply a must win if we want to get anywhere near the top 4 this year.

Good teams find a way to win. I could not give a shit if it was an ugly performance as long as we have one more point than the Titans at full time.

All that matters is the two points tomorrow.

Back