NRL Teams Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

Wasn't there talk of Fonua-Blake wanting a release? Wouldn't blame anyone from wanting out as the club has been a basket case the last few years. Hasler is a well known coach so can understand guys wanting to play under him or at least feel the club will turn around.

A shame though he wouldn't of been a bad pick up with some of the cap space we have freed up.

One of the biggest packs. He had a monster pack at the Bulldogs to. These two along with Marty Taupau, Lloyd Perrett and Toafofoa Sipley is a fair bit of beef if he can get the best out of them.

Reactions: diehard and Defence

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
I thought they were the big underachievers this year.
Mean middle with dce running the show and the freak tommy turbo at the back. That's decent. Mind u it's hard to find a poor squad looking around.
Such a great competition.

I know a couple of people involved with the club that have told me training was lax and unstructured under Barrett but the boys are getting thrashed and are looking cut under Hasler.

I know a couple of people involved with the club that have told me training was lax and unstructured under Barrett but the boys are getting thrashed and are looking cut under Hasler.

Apparently Barrett is more worried about picking up chicks than winning footy games.
Too immature to be a head coach.

Apparently Barrett is more worried about picking up chicks than winning footy games.
Too immature to be a head coach.
He isn't to successful at one what's he like at the other?

He's been talked up as one of the best up and coming coaches. Sounds like he'd be better off as an assistant for a little longer.

Also sounds like giving up some of the perks from his playing days is a bit hard. I'm guessing he's recently split up. If so most guys would want to play on some different fields, just they aren't in a job that pays 400,00 plus on the low side.

A cushy number at the moment paid to stay at home.

Reactions: Defence
They are now claiming their decision is cultural… this could get messy.

Culture (religion) vs homophobia

2 diametrically opposed world views and I wouldn’t want to be the one to offend a side and try to resolve this one.

I would ditch the rainbow and recognise it in other ways. The NRL is sort of using the players to represent views and make statements that they may be personally opposed to which in itself isn’t very inclusive. Let the NRL make statements in other ways rather than the players personally.

One of the Manly players have family here, teaches at a fundamentalist charter school... The family member world a "make america great again" cap to the black lives matter protest in Aotea Square.
Has to be one of the seven surely.

• Sad
Reactions: J_P and Noitall
They are now claiming their decision is cultural… this could get messy.

Culture (religion) vs homophobia

2 diametrically opposed world views and I wouldn’t want to be the one to offend a side and try to resolve this one.

I would ditch the rainbow and recognise it in other ways. The NRL is sort of using the players to represent views and make statements that they may be personally opposed to which in itself isn’t very inclusive. Let the NRL make statements in other ways rather than the players personally.

Maybe next year all the gay players will refuse to wear the indigenous jerseys?

Is this any different to where we see sponsors names fudged out on jersey's, race cars, horses and even the pitch depending who the feature of the day is.

If there is anything in the NRL contract/charter that says clubs/players will wear or advertise as directed then they should do what they're contracted to do. Otherwise, wear what you feel is appropriate

Interesting times and I guess Manly will be a few players light this weekend.

We have a rainbow pedestrian crossing down here which is being contested, as it doesn't comply with the definition in the road code. Go figure.