General maloney a bolter for NSW: alexander

• Thread starter Etern0L_Warrior_old
  • Start date

bin fishin_old

I disagree. When the Rabbitohs won, it was because of Sandow. When the opponents won, it was because of Sandow. So in a way Sandow wins games all the time, just not always for his team

here here!... don't get be going!

surfin_old

I disagree. When the Rabbitohs won, it was because of Sandow. When the opponents won, it was because of Sandow. So in a way Sandow wins games all the time, just not always for his team

I think we were saying the same thing, just coming from different directions.

omg_old

Deadly serious, Burgess, Crocker, Luke, Asotasi, Taylor, Inglis, just the ones I can think of off the top of my head, hardly the start of a B grade squad.

I think they were astute buys, but you can't really say he went out and bought a team, he bought in Roy as his first Captain, Isaac was already there, Crocker was thrown a lifeline, Burgess was a relative unknown, Taylor and Inglis were marquee signings but not in the same season.

surfin_old

I think they were astute buys, but you can't really say he went out and bought a team, he bought in Roy as his first Captain, Isaac was already there, Crocker was thrown a lifeline, Burgess was a relative unknown, Taylor and Inglis were marquee signings but not in the same season.

You may have come in a bit late, my original post was inregards to my thoughts that Sandow is over rated, it was then posted by bin fishin that it wasn't Sandows fault because he didn't have quality players around him, I listed those guys simply to back my point that Sandow did have quality around him at the Rabbits. Those guys were just the international players I could think of off the top of my head, it wasn't even counting Merrit, Champion, Pettybourne and the likes. As for Burgess being unknown he had played for England before he came to the NRL, so someone must have heard of him.

surfin_old

how many GFs have they won?

? do you even remember the post I was even replying to. Read the post above. As for how many GFs they have won 20. At what point did I say Crowe was trying to buy a GF, only he was signing quality players, but if you think I meant he was trying to buy players good enough to win a title, of course he is, just the same as every single club.

omg_old

You may have come in a bit late, my original post was inregards to my thoughts that Sandow is over rated, it was then posted by bin fishin that it wasn't Sandows fault because he didn't have quality players around him, I listed those guys simply to back my point that Sandow did have quality around him at the Rabbits. Those guys were just the international players I could think of off the top of my head, it wasn't even counting Merrit, Champion, Pettybourne and the likes. As for Burgess being unknown he had played for England before he came to the NRL, so someone must have heard of him.

IMO Sandow was a massive loss for the bunnies, he definitely has some faults to his game but has had more expected of him than the rest of the team and incredibly he is only 23. The Bunnies had a terrible run with injuries over the last 2 seasons and most of the players you named are the ones that were injured, ridiculously nearly all at the same time and even with his faults he was one of their best players easily.

surfin_old

IMO Sandow was a massive loss for the bunnies, he definitely has some faults to his game but has had more expected of him than the rest of the team and incredibly he is only 23. The Bunnies had a terrible run with injuries over the last 2 seasons and most of the players you named are the ones that were injured, ridiculously nearly all at the same time and even with his faults he was one of their best players easily.

Still doesn't make him worth the money he is said to be earning at the Eels and if he is earning that much, by default he needs to be winning games for them or at the very least help make them competitive on a regular basis, something he didn't do at Souths and at the moment it looks like he's not doing it at Parra either.

omg_old

Still doesn't make him worth the money he is said to be earning at the Eels and if he is earning that much, by default he needs to be winning games for them or at the very least help make them competitive on a regular basis, something he didn't do at Souths and at the moment it looks like he's not doing it at Parra either.

No half in the world could win them games the way that team have been going. He did more than his share at the Bunnies too much really and this is showing this year with having to move Inglis to fullback so he can get his hands on the ball. They had 2 of the most devastating ball runners in the game playing outside of a 5/8 that plays for 40 mins and sleeps for the rest of the game and when he does have the chance to set up his outside, 9 times out of 10 he won't pass the ball.
How much is the top point scorer in the NRL worth?

omg_old

Surprising, but still doesn't change my feelings of him, he's too big of a liability in my opinion.

I understand where your coming from, but IMO a good Coach would do wonders for his inconsistency and for me personally I do love those big shoulder charges of his that have blitzed some of the biggest hardest forwards in the game, which is what I see as his biggest frailty.

Chch fan_old

I can't see how Maloney would be any chance for the Blues to be honest. There's a lot of players that would be above him. Yes he's stood up in the second half in the last few games but he's been very average in the first half of the last couple of games. There's no way that will cut it in Origin. His hole running is great late in the game but I think we need more than that out of our halve don't we. Currently leading the league in missed tackles.

On Mateo, well he's got to be a huge chance!

BigD_old

In todays Sydney Daily Telegraph there is an article about Maloney being Number ONE pick for 5/8 spot for NSW.

see link... https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/james-maloney-in-line-to-be-nsw-state-of-origin-five-eighth/story-e6frexnr-1226317060321

So who will replace him for the Warriors if he is on Origin Duty? ..:st:

JAMES Maloney, once unwanted by Parramatta, has become a front-runner to win the NSW State of Origin five-eighth spot.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal that Blues coach Ricky Stuart contacted Maloney just last week to discuss his form and this year's Origin series.

Stuart was also at Allianz Stadium on Saturday night to watch Maloney and his New Zealand Warriors play the Sydney Roosters.

Unwanted by Parramatta after 2007, Maloney then helped Wentworthville Magpies win the 2008 NSW Cup.

But there is no doubt that Maloney, who will join the Sydney Roosters next season, is locked in an intense battle with incumbent Jamie Soward, Todd Carney, Jarrod Mullen and Terry Campese for the No.6 jumper.

"James is an Origin-style player. He is as tough as anyone in the game," said Greg Alexander, who played six games for NSW.

"He is a courageous hole runner and can play with the ball. He has a good 'dummy and go' and his kicking game is outstanding. He is also rock-solid in defence.

"In regards to his character, he has Origin stamped all over him.

"James has started this season as he left off last year, although it wasn't his best game against the Roosters on the weekend."

The Daily Telegraph approached Stuart regarding the comments from Alexander about Maloney.

"I agree with everything Greg said," Stuart said. "Greg is a person who certainly understands what State of Origin is all about. James is certainly in the mix.

"I spoke to James last week - and to some other players as well - and told him exactly that; that he was in the mix for Origin."

However, Alexander stressed that NSW had a number of form five-eighths vying for selection.

"There are certainly plenty of candidates," he said.

"Todd Carney is entitled to be second just behind Maloney and Jamie Soward has done nothing wrong. Terry Campese is the elephant in the room.

"If he can produce a month of footy like he performed against Wests Tigers last Monday night at Campbelltown, he would be a good chance of selection."

Carney has been solid without being spectacular for new club Cronulla but his class is undoubted.

Soward has been competent and strong in his performances for St George Illawarra this season.

gREVUS_old

So interesting even after this weekends bad performance hes still number 1 pick - nice, honestly hope he gets it for him, and hope he misses it for the warriors chances going forward

Jimmy_old

Im pretty sure Sticky would have contacted the other contenders last week as well.
All he did was say that Maloney was in contention - along with Soward, Campo, Mullen and Carney.
Feliti would be a sho-in though if he declares allegience to the dark side.