General maloney a bolter for NSW: alexander

• Thread starter Etern0L_Warrior_old
  • Start date

omg_old

Pierce will be half unless injured, One of the things Ricky has put an emphasis on is building a Team culture. He has made very clear suggestions on where Pierce fits into this culture even before he took over the Coaching role and all the selectors love Pierce. Pierce hasn't been playing badly, but his team is, IMO Smith's silly tactics don't help them.
Mullen is now a 5/8 with Newcastle as Bennett believes that is his best position so you would have to put him right in the mix for that position now, especially considering it was his recommendation that Ricky sought when giving Soward the nod. Campese looked very good Monday night and Gallen is talking up Carney big time. TBH I don't think Maloney has much chance of playing Origin but it will be interesting to see who and how these guys get played in the city country game. IMO Josh Reynolds has been one of the better 5/8s around this year and his overall aggression is very suited to Origin.

Etern0L_Warrior_old

Pierce will be half unless injured, One of the things Ricky has put an emphasis on is building a Team culture. He has made very clear suggestions on where Pierce fits into this culture even before he took over the Coaching role and all the selectors love Pierce. Pierce hasn't been playing badly, but his team is, IMO Smith's silly tactics don't help them.
Mullen is now a 5/8 with Newcastle as Bennett believes that is his best position so you would have to put him right in the mix for that position now, especially considering it was his recommendation that Ricky sought when giving Soward the nod. Campese looked very good Monday night and Gallen is talking up Carney big time. TBH I don't think Maloney has much chance of playing Origin but it will be interesting to see who and how these guys get played in the city country game. IMO Josh Reynolds has been one of the better 5/8s around this year and his overall aggression is very suited to Origin.

you made some good points but i don't rate reynolds. he played liked a man possessed last weekend against knights when t-hodge got injured but i think he'll get exposed this weekend. i takes more than aggression and a chuck liddell haircut to be in the mix for origin, he also misses like 10 tackles/per game

bin fishin_old

you made some good points but i don't rate reynolds. he played liked a man possessed last weekend against knights when t-hodge got injured but i think he'll get exposed this weekend. i takes more than aggression and a chuck liddell haircut to be in the mix for origin, he also misses like 10 tackles/per game

Sandow should be half back!

omg_old

Defensive stats
reynolds 109 tackles 21 misses
maloney 66 tackles 26 misses
Carney 62 tackles 9 misses
Campese 73 tackles 8 misses
Soward 51 tackles 4 misses
Mullen 43 tackles 4 misses

Surprised at some of the results really especially Soward and Mullen and they are probably the 2 best kickers and Carney and Campese the best 2 playmakers depending on who your listening to. Looking at these stats Maloney has no chance

wallacenz_old

Defensive stats

Surprised at some of the results really especially Soward and Mullen and they are probably the 2 best kickers and Carney and Campese the best 2 playmakers depending on who your listening to. Looking at these stats Maloney has no chance
wow maloneys missed tackle stats are terrible compared to everyone else

dingleberry_old

I think the maloney missed tackles thing is always overdone.
first of all, when compared to soward, (last season) his ratio of missed tackles is about the same, if not slightly better. the only difference is maloney makes nearly twice as many tackles as soward. so naturally he's going to miss around twice as many.
that said, the warriors missed quite a lot of tackles last season and it was more to do with how the defence ran up... I would love to see missed tackles to line breaks, I think the warriors would actually fare quite well.

Etern0L_Warrior_old

Defensive stats

well, reynolds missed a crucial 1 on 1 tackle that lead to a try last weekend and also i saw some guy on this forum saying he misses a lot of tackles or gives away a lot penalties so that's why i thought he misses 10tackles/per game

oh and plus i don't like him

Etern0L_Warrior_old

i recall posting maloney's wikipedia biography on this forum a few years back before he made his warriors debut and it literally had 3-4 sentences on it.

1 of those sentences was "when maloney is not playing footy, he is a licensed carpenter by trade", i saw this and thought omg what a dud.........nek minit james maloney ftw

Buck777_old

Defensive stats

I disagree. I think those stats tell more of the team around the player than the player themselves. If Maloney had made 26 missed tackles, on top of his 66 tackles- hes making too many. All that stat tells me is that someone who should be doing more tackles isn't doing his job. In 2009, a disaster year, Stacey Jones was tackling his backside off as the forwards didn't do their job. I'm serious, guys like Maloney and Shaun Johnson need to have the energy to slice the gap. If the forwards aren't tackling up the middle, and the little guys are having to do it, something's wrong.

a.c.e_old

It should be interesting the up coming match up, with Pierce on one side and Maloney on the other. NSW selectors will be looking at this to watch both players closely, the boys will put in a great performance regardless.

kingkole_old

nsw has no 5/8's other then maloney campo's just hitting form and the rest are crap.

NZR_old

on current form pearce should not get the 7 jersey and mullen should..

For me mullen/Campo, Carney, Maloney would be my pick this year

sup42_old

Good luck Jimi

State of Origin has never sat comfortably with me, backed lowes Cane toads then reverted to the team all kiwis who claimed benefits / got free education in Sydney should....the BLues

Dilema has always been that my team the Blues has always had more un like able Aussie ' W@nkers ' in it than the other mob

facefacts_old

on current form pearce should not get the 7 jersey and mullen should..

For me mullen/Campo, Carney, Maloney would be my pick this year

Mullen seems to have so much more confidence under Bennett, he's got to be
the form NSW halfback.

Sowards kicking game is the best in the comp right now, and in SOO field position
and the ability to create pressure with your kicking game is all important...add to
that his 85% or so goal kicking and a tidy running and passing game, Maloney
might struggle to push his way in.

surfin_old

Sandow hasn't had the same calibre players like Cronk..
I've seen Sandow turn the game around as much as Cronk imo

Crowe had loaded the Rabbits with rep players, possibly even more than the Storm, Sandow is lazy and has far too many brain explosions. By turn a game around do you mean he loses as many as he wins? Watch him for a whole game and how many failed shoulder charges he attempts, plus watch him after he misses a tackle or the other team has an attacking kick he rarely if ever chases. Over paid waste of space and the number of games won because of him would be minimal.

fanrrior_old

Crowe had loaded the Rabbits with rep players, possibly even more than the Storm, Sandow is lazy and has far too many brain explosions. By turn a game around do you mean he loses as many as he wins? Watch him for a whole game and how many failed shoulder charges he attempts, plus watch him after he misses a tackle or the other team has an attacking kick he rarely if ever chases. Over paid waste of space and the number of games won because of him would be minimal.

I disagree. When the Rabbitohs won, it was because of Sandow. When the opponents won, it was because of Sandow. So in a way Sandow wins games all the time, just not always for his team

bin fishin_old

You got to be joking mate!