General Mad Butcher taking heat on Facebook

Here's the post from the start:

Attachments

• IMG_0378.PNG
    IMG_0378.PNG
    93.2 KB · Views: 2
I don't know her or her family... but ac13 minute video? Can you say attention seeking...

I do know the butcher though. Met him for the first time nearly 20 yrs ago. Sensitive soul he is not. But nor is he racist.

And if anyone wants to hunt me down for saying that, pm me and I will send you my address on white man's island... ;)

I'd suggest SPL Mike like to ditch his PR lady. She's a fuckin numpty!!!!

She's barely coffee-coloured - Sir Peter Letich spokesperson
6:00pm, Wednesday 4 January 2017
Prominent businessman, Sir Peter Leitch has tried to defuse a recent racial spat by saying that his comments about Waiheke Island being a “white man’s Island," which upset a young Māori woman, was only light-hearted banter.

But a spokesperson for Leitch told Māori Television that his remarks were not racially targeted because the woman was “barely coffee coloured” and says she only came forward because she wanted to be famous.

Lara Wharepapa Bridger, 23, says she was at a vineyard on Waiheke Island earlier this week with her mother. Leitch, famously known as The Mad Butcher, approached the group about not drinking and driving. He doubted that they were locals, which sparked Bridger to tell him she was born on the island. This promoted Leitch to make the comment – which he describes as light hearted banter but Bridger took as a racist taunt.

The exchange upset Bridger, who posted an emotional video on Facebook last night to express her emotions.

"He said specifically to me, 'this is a white man's island, you need to go. You need to acknowledge that this is a white man's island'," Bridger said on the video She told Māori Television she has since deleted the video because she was receiving death threats and was warned about getting sued for defamation. She says that she apologised to Leitch and didn’t mean him any harm.

In a press statement, Letich says he “apologised unreservedly” when he discovered that Bridger was offended by his comment.

“There is no way I can ever be accused of being racist,” he says.

But Letich media spokesperson Michelle Boag, says that his comments can’t be racially targeted because Bridger is “barely coffee coloured” referring to her being a light-skinned Māori. She also claims that Bridger has come forward because she wants to be famous.

Bridger denies these claims, saying that she was genuinely upset by being a target of racism.

“When you’re feeling a certain way it triggers an emotion. I didn’t do it for the attention,” she told Māori Television.

Bridger says she contacted Leitch to arrange a meeting to apologise. She says he wished her a Happy New Year but did not commit to a meeting.

kiwi's 13-6

Well true story time about 20 years ago 2 of my mates went up to Auckland one Cambodian the other mixed Samoan/Pakeha cutting a long story short they ran into a crazy meat purveyor and wanted a photo Crazy meat distributor told Samoan "piss off darkie"...

anyways im sure butchers not a total racist just has an un PC offensive sense of humor... anyways my mates still remember that incident!

Mr Bob

Contributor

She's barely coffee-coloured - Sir Peter Letich spokesperson
6:00pm, Wednesday 4 January 2017
Prominent businessman, Sir Peter Leitch has tried to defuse a recent racial spat by saying that his comments about Waiheke Island being a “white man’s Island," which upset a young Māori woman, was only light-hearted banter.

But a spokesperson for Leitch told Māori Television that his remarks were not racially targeted because the woman was “barely coffee coloured” and says she only came forward because she wanted to be famous.

Lara Wharepapa Bridger, 23, says she was at a vineyard on Waiheke Island earlier this week with her mother. Leitch, famously known as The Mad Butcher, approached the group about not drinking and driving. He doubted that they were locals, which sparked Bridger to tell him she was born on the island. This promoted Leitch to make the comment – which he describes as light hearted banter but Bridger took as a racist taunt.

The exchange upset Bridger, who posted an emotional video on Facebook last night to express her emotions.

"He said specifically to me, 'this is a white man's island, you need to go. You need to acknowledge that this is a white man's island'," Bridger said on the video She told Māori Television she has since deleted the video because she was receiving death threats and was warned about getting sued for defamation. She says that she apologised to Leitch and didn’t mean him any harm.

In a press statement, Letich says he “apologised unreservedly” when he discovered that Bridger was offended by his comment.

“There is no way I can ever be accused of being racist,” he says.

But Letich media spokesperson Michelle Boag, says that his comments can’t be racially targeted because Bridger is “barely coffee coloured” referring to her being a light-skinned Māori. She also claims that Bridger has come forward because she wants to be famous.

Bridger denies these claims, saying that she was genuinely upset by being a target of racism.

“When you’re feeling a certain way it triggers an emotion. I didn’t do it for the attention,” she told Māori Television.

Bridger says she contacted Leitch to arrange a meeting to apologise. She says he wished her a Happy New Year but did not commit to a meeting.

Coffee coloured?!

I hate coffee.

Love chocolate though. If only she was chocolate coloured....mmmmmm

Now she's getting death threats.. Man there are some shit people out there on social media. Storm in a tea cup.

Some things should be kept off the public arena, SPL isn't racist, sounds like he made a racist comment which is not good, but he's an old bugger with no off switch. The bloke has a heart of gold. There are better ways to deal with this than crying out to the entire world. It just pisses everyone off and is troll/dumbass gold.

My own example:
Coffee coloured?!

I hate coffee.

Love chocolate though. If only she was chocolate coloured....mmmmmm

"Turn out coffee coloured people by the score"...

Now, tell me, brothas and sistas, since that is a prominent line in the song "Melting Pot", does this not make "Melting Pot" the Single. Most. Racist. Song. Evahhhh!!!?? Since it suggests only coffee coloured - ie brown - people are good for the world? Oh, and the song lyrics don't mention milk/cream/sugar so it's dark coffee. Sorry, Mr Liberal, but gotcha there, bitch!

Next time you see any of the women who were in "When The Cats Away", who's cover of this song is the biggest thing to happen to that song IIRC, you tell them Yo Waayycist!

'Specially that Annie Crummer.

my Dad used to upset my Mum's friends because he's got quite a good line in sarcasm - straight face, no smile, twinkle of the eye etc - so they'd take a lot of his jokes quite seriously and were quite offended.

Sarcasm/irony can sometimes only come across well if the joker and the jokee know each other well enough or know the atmosphere of the discussion is sarcastic....

Dreadful grammar.

I blame the mammar and pappar, but if you know the young boy's grammar, I bow to your superior knowledge of the situation. Unless it's the granppar's fault??

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Bob
Now she's getting death threats.. Man there are some shit people out there on social media. Storm in a tea cup.

Some things should be kept off the public arena, SPL isn't racist, sounds like he made a racist comment which is not good, but he's an old bugger with no off switch. The bloke has a heart of gold. There are better ways to deal with this than crying out to the entire world. It just pisses everyone off and is troll/dumbass gold.
That's exactly right. No good comes of making these claims on social media. You can't take anything back once it's out there!!

I managed to piss off a gaggle (is that even a word?) of feminists today who posted something on twitter about Tony Veitch sexually assaulting her friend. She apparently gave him a right hook and and kick to his chest. After it had been retweeted a hundy or so times, she puts up a message saying that nobody is to use this info except for sharing on twitter as the 'friend' doesn't want to take this further. She had a few media enquiries about it too. (vultures)

I forwarded it to Veitch so he could at least respond and the feminists all lost their rags over that. Apparently it's ok in their minds to make accusations of sexual assault without the person being aware of it.

Veitch is a prize cock, but that shit is not fair in my mind.

bruce

Contributor
Michelle Boag is a true blue National Party person i.e. well connected and very right wing. My guess is the people who might know something about this girls family e.g. the Police would have given a nod and a wink that maybe the family have a history of sorts, and this is a bit of a setup. I would expect more to creep out about this.

Had a run in with Sir Pete and by today's standards his comments were racist. I don't necessarily like the Butch but I respect the man a great deal. Won't say he's racist but he's, ummm, old school.

Truth is we are all racist to some degree. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves...
Totally agree with that last sentence toko!!!

Butcher ain't PC at all - TBH he's gotten away with it to often over the years in different social settings, he thinks it's the norm for his image IMO. Has anyone known him to be sexist???

Had a run in with Sir Pete and by today's standards his comments were racist. I don't necessarily like the Butch but I respect the man a great deal. Won't say he's racist but he's, ummm, old school.

Truth is we are all racist to some degree. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves...

- I agree. That and personally the more I read about this online the more that it sounds like to me, more than this being a race or gender issue, she's one of those bitches you occasionally confront in life who can say anything she likes to you, but the moment you decide to call her out on it, or put it back onto her, you're immediately made out to be asshole for bringing it up. Seriously this shit is beyond me ...

Also speaking about racism I just got sent this from a black guy I used to live with and had to share.

Looks like we all now know who's to blame for Donald Trump. Milton-Bradley ... ;)

• Haha
Reactions: dean and bruce
And this is why things like Brexit and Trump being elected surprise the media and the keyboard warriors of Facebook and Twitter, anyone who doesn't agree or fit into their very narrow world view is shot down, labeled a racist, a fascist, ignorant or a redneck. When this happens people start keeping their opinions to themselves or at least offline, and pretty soon all the pretties left on FB and twitter are talking in a vacuum where all they hear are like minded twats stroking egos and probably enjoying a good game of soggy biscuit.
It's great to see but shouldn't come as any surprise that the Warriors are standing beside the Butch.