General Lynnmall terrorist attack

DavidMcKay1974

DavidMcKay1974

Heyzeuss spare me :wtf: :wtf: ...this useless bitch is pissing me off just as much as Cindy...are they really the best women we can find for the jobs??? Just asking like...

Judith Collins told Kim Hill on RNZ’s Saturday Morning that she was in “absolute shock” after yesterday supermarket terror attack.

Having previously been the Minister of police she was grateful the man had been under constant surveillance.

She said last night she had texted the PM about the Anti Terrorism Bill, and said the National Party would support them in getting it through with urgency

“We’ve got some mechanisms in place, and this Bill would be dealing with the gaps in the law. This man will not be the only person the authorities are keeping an eye on.”

She would also be supporting a change in the Immigration laws, to have people’s citizenship revoked if they committed crimes.
She had to get on the bandwagon or risked getting attacked for not supporting what the Police had to do and in that fact what the Government was trying to do with the laws. IF she moaned about what happened there would have been a public backlash for sure. So she had to say what she said.

DavidMcKay1974

DavidMcKay1974

I just saw that the guy has lost name suppression and that his family has been given a short amount of time to seek further name suppression. I hope they don't or I hope it doesn't get approved.

Reactions: Akkerz and bruce
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

They have to be careful with ricochets too.

From the sounds of it they all hit which is commendable from that point of view.

However it sounds like he was in the act of stabbing people as well, that seems to be the case from the film clip so they were really in a tight situation.

Like the Commissioner said, well done, he is a cops cop, he knows.
Still pisses me off, hollow point rounds were banned for the Police in the early 90's from memory. Yes they cause more damage, which is actually an advantage, but the main reason they were used was because they disintegrate, not ricochet..

Orifice

Orifice

Ironically, he tried to leave to join up with ISIS and we stopped him at the airport 🤯

The man reportedly told a worshipper at his mosque he planned to join Isis in Syria, then was caught at Auckland International Airport after booking a one-way ticket to Syria in May 2017.

Quote newshub
This is so stupid! Why not let him go join and stop him when he tries to come back here to live? And here is aunty Jacinda letting a known lady isis fighter come back here and live, what is happening here!

Dixpat

Dixpat

In Andy we (have to) trust
Contributor
Hmm actually there is some debate about whether the new law would have applied with PM JA saying it is speculative.

"The new bill amends the Terrorism Suppression Act 2002 and Terrorism Suppression (Control Orders) Act 2019 and expands offences that can be categorised as a terrorist act."
The telling quote out of the article in my opinion is

However, ACT leader David Seymour stood in opposition of the bill. He said “change the law is a smokescreen”, as it was a failure of Government agencies that resulted in the Christchurch attack.

And this is the pollie who a lot of the country think is the next Messiah - he is good for a sound bite but not much else as he just opposes for the sake of it.

Beastmode

Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor
Has anyone asked the real question, are there more they are currently watching, and are do you have enough resources for this?
You worried they’re watching you ?

Let’s just say there’s a shit load of them out there. What next ?

BiggerD

BiggerD

In Australia if you are deemed an ISIS supporter, there is a good chance you will end up in Prison for quite a few years. From what I believe, the NZ Court system allowed this Terrorist supporter to roam free. He should have been deported back to Sri Lanka years ago.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
And this is the pollie who a lot of the country think is the next Messiah
I know...how depressing...but way back when Winston was making big news I said I would emigrate if he ever got into power...and presto he picks Cindy :rolleyes:

DavidMcKay1974

DavidMcKay1974

I know...how depressing...but way back when Winston was making big news I said I would emigrate if he ever got into power...and presto he picks Cindy :rolleyes:
And once again she has done a pretty good job where if he had gone with National we'd be in the shite right now.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
He said the attacker had a large knife on him and was repeating 'Allah, Allah'...
nice one Cindy...it had nothing to do with religion...did it?:rolleyes:

Reactions: wizards rage
DavidMcKay1974

DavidMcKay1974

5029f8a1-aa94-4b82-839b-2af96a1fe573_800.jpg

Stuff has this guy's photo up here with a gun but his face has been blurred until name suppression has run out.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
To be fair I think she was more an ISIS rootbag
Teenagers are very susceptible to indoctrination, especially if there is personal upheaval in their backgrounds.

So although she was getting screwed by the morons I would hesitate to call her a rootbag.

Much like then motorcycle moles in the old days, they usually had problems.

wizards rage

wizards rage

Journalists start from the position that they don’t believe what politicians are telling them. All they are doing is repeating the question in the hope that they’ll find an inconsistency of answer that they can jump on.
Politicians - the art of playing with words to answer how you want, not what the question asks. Example from this week:

Robertson to Collins - it’s too dangerous to make parliament staff work over lockdown

Collins to Robertson - rubbish, you had your staff working at parliament during lockdown

Robertson - I object to that allegation and demand she retracts it. My staff have not working in my office the whole of lockdown.

Collins - but they have been working at parliament, we have seen them at the press conferences in tv.

Robertson shuts up…

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: snake77 and bruce
Beastmode

Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor
Politicians - the art of playing with words to answer how you want, not what the question asks. Example from this week:

Robertson to Collins - it’s too dangerous to make parliament staff work over lockdown

Collins to Robertson - rubbish, you had your staff working at parliament during lockdown

Robertson - I object to that allegation and demand she retracts it. My staff have not working in my office the whole of lockdown.

Collins - but they have been working at parliament, we have seen them at the press conferences in tv.

Robertson shuts up…
That’s not art. That’s verbal diahorrea…