General Luke Metcalf vs Te Maire Martin

I feel CHT is the most rounded left edge player out of the three.

He unfortunately is too much of a Swiss army knife, so TMM is favoured so they can fit the best 17 on the field. Even though I feel CHT has the better left foot kick and right to left pass.
I got laughed at for suggesting this previously but I agree with you. I just wonder how match fit his body is for week to week 80 minutes after his season off. Already off injured for a period. Might be that his best position for the team is that utility role on the bench which leaves TMM and Metcalf as the preferred options at 6. I'm expecting CHT to be back and playing 6 with TMM at 7 for a game or two to rest SJ in the near future

I got laughed at for suggesting this previously but I agree with you. I just wonder how match fit his body is for week to week 80 minutes after his season off. Already off injured for a period. Might be that his best position for the team is that utility role on the bench which leaves TMM and Metcalf as the preferred options at 6. I'm expecting CHT to be back and playing 6 with TMM at 7 for a game or two to rest SJ in the near future
I can see that happening sooner or later.
SJ is struggling with injury obviously and it's a long arduous season

Yea sorry should have noted I meant in an ideal world. I don't feel after the year off he is probably ready to play week in week out at half for the whole season.

I think I mentioned it previously, but I would be more than happy injuries aside to have a combo of Metcalf and CHT post SJ.

A lot of other players with promise have improved under Webby, so I don't see any reason to believe a determined player such as CHT can't do the same.

I've always been a massive CHT fan, but also aware of his shortcomings. Would be good to see him finally get some good coaching and reach his potential.

Yea sorry should have noted I meant in an ideal world. I don't feel after the year off he is probably ready to play week in week out at half for the whole season.

I think I mentioned it previously, but I would be more than happy injuries aside to have a combo of Metcalf and CHT post SJ.

A lot of other players with promise have improved under Webby, so I don't see any reason to believe a determined player such as CHT can't do the same.

I've always been a massive CHT fan, but also aware of his shortcomings. Would be good to see him finally get some good coaching and reach his potential.
I half agree with you ;)